12 Best Business Backpacks in 2017
Generally speaking, your style of work will determine the kind of business backpack you choose, but there are still so many things to consider when searching for the best business backpack.
Our guide is here to help you!
We’ll take you through the top ten business backpacks from top to bottom and help you understand how to find the right one for your needs.
Head down and take a look!
Table of Contents
- Top 12 Business Backpacks Comparison Chart
- Different Types of Material
- Things to Look for in a Business Backpack
- Top 4 Best Business Backpack Reviews
Top 12 Business Backpacks Comparison Chart
|Design||Name||Laptop Size It Can Carry||Material||Anti-Theft Feature||Rating (1-5)|
|1. SwissGear Travel Gear ScanSmart Backpack 1900- eBags Exclusive||Up to 17 Inches||Durable 1200D Polyester||Not specified||4.6|
|2. Kopack Slim Business Laptop Backpacks Anti thief Tear||Up to 15.6 Inches||Waterproof and Tear-Resistant Nylon Fabric||Yes||4.6|
|3. Uoobag KT-01 Slim Business Laptop Backpack Anti-theft Travel Bag||Up to 15.6 Inches||210D Nylon Fabric with Polyester Lining||Yes||4.6|
|4. eBags Professional Slim Laptop Backpack||Up to 17 Inches||Fabric/ Polyester/ 840D and 900D Twisted Poly||Yes||4.5|
|5. Solo Pro 17.3″ Laptop Backpack||Up to 17.3 Inches||Fabric/ Polyester||Not specified||4.5|
|6. High Sierra Business Elite Backpack Black Fits 17” Laptop with Tablet Storage & Suspended Back Panel||17 Inches||1680D Ballistic||Not specified||4.4|
|7. Rivacase Aspen 15.6 Inch Laptop Backpack||15.6 Inches||Waterproof Fabric (PS)||Not specified||4.3|
|8. Samsonite Xenon 2 Laptop Checkpoint Friendly Laptop Backpack||15.6 Inches||100% Polyester||Not specified||4.2|
|9. BRINCH Multifunctional Unisex Luggage & Travel Bags||18.4 Inches||Rugged Nylon||Not specified||3.9|
|10. Lapacker Black shockproof laptop backpack||15 Inches||Fabric||Yes||3.9|
|11. Belkin Slim Polyester Backpack for Laptops and Notebooks||15.4 Inch||Durable Polyester (exterior) and Soft Touch Lining-20% cotton, 80% Nylon (interior)||Not specified||3.8|
|12. SOCKO Backpack with Handle & Shoulder Strap||Up to 17 Inches||Not Specified||Not specified||3.6|
Different Types of Material
In order to find the best business backpack, you need to know the different types of materials used:
- Cotton Canvas – Is not expensive and is often used by hikers and college students.
- Pack-cloth Nylon – Is abrasion resistant, waterproof and boasts of a shiny and slick touch.
- Cordura – Is lightweight and abrasion resistant. Such backpacks are normally used for backpacking adventures.
- Polyester – Is strong, tough and has a higher resistance to ultra-violet degradation compared to nylon. If you are looking for vibrant colors that don’t wash off easy then you should go for such backpacks. On the downside though, the stitching where the pack material and the straps connect is always a cause of concern.
- Rip-Stop Nylon – Is not only lightweight but also boasts great waterproofing capabilities. Be careful not to pack it heavily since bags like this are usually best for outdoor use.
- Leather – Is expensive and usually used for formal style of backpack. They are the perfect choice for business people.
Things to Look for in a Business Backpack
- Accessibility – In terms of accessibility, you want to be able to conveniently reach your laptop, passport or ticket whenever you need them. You also want a backpack that comes with a portion to carry your change of clothes for those moments when you need them.
- Portability – Ideally, when searching for a business backpack, you should go for a functional backpack that is easy and comfortable to carry.
- Material – Opt for water resistant material if you live in a rainy area or if you ride to work on your bicycle or motorcycle. This way, you don’t have to worry about your gadgets or documents getting wet in case of a downpour! When considering material, however, you should also consider the weight of the bag. At the end of the day, you want to go for a lightweight backpack that makes for easy carrying. Go for leather material if you are looking for a heavy-duty backpack. Go for nylon and polyester material if you are looking for a backpack that will be easy to maintain.
- Compartments – A backpack that comes with plenty of compartments should be your ideal choice when searching for the best business backpack. This way, you are left with plenty of space to organize your items. When considering compartments, you should not forget about ease of access to your items.
- Lockable Zippers – Lockable zippers are important for keeping your documents and gadgets safe.
- Shoulder Strap Padding – The shoulder strap padding will determine how comfortable the backpack will be to carry. Ideally, you should opt for a backpack that has thick padding that is made up of a single piece of padding. This way, such material wont split or thin out overtime.
- Back Padding – The back padding is essential for providing additional comfort to the wearer. This is because back padding not only helps evenly distribute weight but also allow for air movement thus leaving you cool as you travel.
Top 4 Best Business Backpack Reviews
The SwissGear Travel Gear ScanSmart Backpack is a lightweight backpack with plenty of useful compartments for storing your items. This backpack is durable and helps protect your laptop or notepad thanks to the extra padding it has.
The numerous compartments can help keep items such as files, pens, books, documents and your water bottle organized.
This backpack can comfortably fit most portable computers up to 17 inches. It features a quick access laptop compartment that makes for easy air travel. You will not have to go through major TSA checkpoint hassles with this feature. As for the straps used, you will appreciate the fact that they are ergonomically contoured and boasts of padded shoulder straps to add to your comfort.
You may want to include an inner laptop sleeve if you want a little extra protection.
The Kopak Slim Business laptop backpack is a waterproof, tear resistant business backpack that will be the perfect fit for most businesspeople. This backpack features an antitheft zipper design that will help keep thieves at bay. The two-way dual zippers are of high quality and can be locked. In addition, there is an antitheft laptop pocket that helps protect your laptop.
It comes with one large compartment for storing your valuables in addition to a laptop compartment where your laptop goes. In addition, it does come with a tablet holder and front pocket organizer to help keep your items organized as you travel.
The Uoobag KT-01 Slim business laptopis beautifully designed with durable and easy to clean material. It is made from 210D nylon fabric that is water-resistant so you don’t have to worry about traveling with your laptop is case of a rainstorm.
It does come with one anti-theft laptop pocket, one main compartment, one iPad pocket as well as two side zippered bottle pockets. In addition, this backpack does feature a number of small compartments to store things such as your keys, pens, cell phone or notebook.
The Uoobag KT-01 is a slim business backpack that comes with a two-way anti-theft zipper to help keep your valuables safe. The straps are designed to keep the backpack as comfortable as possible on your shoulder.
TheeBags professional slip laptop backpack is a professional-looking laptop backpack that is made from durable fabric. This backpack features fully paddedlaptop and tablet compartments to help keep your gadgets safe from shock and vibration. This backpack can comfortably accommodate laptops upto 15.6 inches.
The lockable zippers are a plus for added security. This backpack also comes with a protected, removable AC adapter bag.
On the downside though, compared to most other backpacks, it is on the thicker and heavier side and the detachable shoulder straps tend to catch on things.
Other than just those minor issues, it is still a great bag!