6 Best Toys for 6 Month Old in 2017
Looking for toys for a six-month-old is so exciting. Babies are starting to sit up and be interested in everything, and as a parent, it’s great to be able to buy them toys to help them engage with their surrounds and learn more about the world.
Finding toys that are fun, safe and that help to provide sensory stimulation and promote mental development can be challenging. We know you have an adorable baby to stare at, which is why we’ve got some ideas, tips and reviews to save you some time!
Scroll down to take a look at the reviews of the best toys for 6 month old babies.
Table of Contents
Things to Consider
- Sanitation – You can expect that the toys you buy will go into your baby’s mouth. Toys should be easy to clean. Especially during cold and flu season.
- Convenience – If you spend a lot of time out of the house, it could be a good idea to look for small toys that are small, portable and easy to take with you.
- Quantity – How many toys does your baby need? At this age, they will grow out of them quickly as they begin to form their own interests and opinions.
Stick to a few high quality toys that can become a favorite and last for years.
Top 6 Toys for 6 Month Olds Table
|1. Melissa & Doug K’s Kids Pull-Back Vehicle Set||Babies and Toddlers||4.8|
|2. The First Years Stacking Up Cups||6 Months and Up||4.8|
|3. VTech Busy Learners Activity Cube||6 Months to Three Years||4.7|
|4. Infantino Textured Multi Ball Set||6 Months and Up||4.6|
|5. VTech Baby Lil’ Critters Moosical Beads||Newborn to 24 Months||4.5|
|6. O Ball 1-Piece Rattle & Roll Car||Newborn and Up||4.4|
Here are some tips to help you on your way to finding the best toys for 6 month old babies. Keep these suggestions in mind to find the best products:
- Materials – Toys that are high quality should be free of harmful materials such as, Latex, BPA, PVC, or Lead. To find out what toys are made out of, read the product information carefully.
- Safety – Double check toys for any choking hazards and safety recalls. Manufacturers try their best to make high quality safe toys. But it’s always best to double check before giving toys to children.
- New Versions – Companies will sometimes make updated, better versions of their toys. If they do, they will usually list that there is a new version of the toy available.
(It’s usually safer to choose this option.)
Top 3 Best Toys for 6 Month Old Reviews
Children of all ages will be delighted with this pullback vehicle set from Melissa & Doug.
This soft set features four vehicles: a school bus, a family car, a fire truck and a police car. All are driven by sweet, cuddly characters and the soft, lightweight pieces are easy to lift and roll.
Babies will enjoy looking, cuddling, chewing and playing with these until they learn to drive them on their own.
This set will foster fine and gross motor skill development along with sensory and logical skills.
The diverse features of this vehicle set makes it one of the best toys for 6 month old babies and ensures that will grow with your child for years.
The possibilities for fun and learning are endless.
The First Years offers truly imaginative play with these stacking cups/nesting cups.
They are easy for babies to hold and they come in a variety of great colors to stimulate developing brains. As babies develop and grow older they can work on stacking, building and hiding. Color recognition and counting are also a breeze with brightly colored cups and numbers 1-10 printed on the bottoms.
They are dishwasher safe, so your imagination is the limit; they are perfect for outside play and the bathtub, too! These stacking cups are a classic toy and with a little imagination, they will last your baby for years.
If you’re looking for a toy that does it all, you’ll find it in VTech’s activity cube.
This cube has five sides that encourage your baby to explore. The sturdy shape of the four-sided block is stable and helps assist babies with sitting up to play.
- Four light-up buttons introduce different animal name, sounds and shapes.
- A motion sensor activates sounds when the cube is moved to attract attention and encourage crawling.
- There are 25 different songs and melodies to entertain and engage children ages six months and up.
The block is BPA-free and also has auto shut-off and adjustable volume features.