6 Best Baby Detergents in 2017
Every parent knows how important laundry detergent can be. You want clothes that are clean, and safe for your baby; all at a price that won’t break your budget.
Detergents can contain many chemicals, so it’s important to find a detergent that is safe for sensitive baby skin but that still clothes clean. With so many laundry detergents on the market, it can be difficult to decide which one is best for your baby and your budget.
We’ve put together some great tips, suggestions and reviews to help you find a high quality product, the overall best detergent for your baby.
Things to Consider
Here are few things to consider while you shop for detergent:
- Chemicals – Some laundry detergents are packed full of some pretty harsh chemicals like Sodium Laureth Sulfate, and a variety of other chemicals. Some even contain petrochemicals (the same ingredients found in paint and varnishes).
- Skin – If you baby is having issues with eczema, skin allergies, or just super sensitive skin, you may need to change your detergent.
- A Detergent for All – Babies come into contact with more than just their own clothes. If they are snuggling against you and your clothes, don’t waste time doing separate loads of laundry, simply wash all family clothes in the same baby friendly detergent.
Top 6 Baby Detergents Table
|1. Molly’s Suds All Natural Laundry Powder||Yes||4.6|
|2. Puracy Natural Liquid Laundry Detergent||Yes||4.5|
|3. Purex Liquid Laundry Detergent||No||4.5|
|4. Newborn Liquid Laundry Detergent||No||4.5|
|5. Charlie’s Soap “Laundry Powder”||Yes||4.5|
|6. Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Laundry Detergent||No||4.5|
Here are some useful tips to help you find baby detergent:
- Brand Names – Check reviews and ingredients instead of relying on brand names. Some companies won’t disclose all of their ingredients, but it can be the ingredients they don’t have that matter. Watch for harsh chemicals that could irritate sensitive skin.
- Stain removal – Stain removal is important! If you love a specific detergent brand, but it doesn’t quite get out all of your stains, double check to see if they have a stain remover. It will be from the same brand you love, and hopefully you can stay goodbye to those stains!
Top 3 Best Baby Detergent Reviews
This strong detergent is perfect for cleaning the clothes of even the most delicate member of your family. It’s made without harsh chemicals, so you won’t find preservatives, brighteners, phosphates or sulfates in this detergent.
It only takes one tablespoon per load of this super concentrated powder, so it’s long lasting, you won’t have to worry about running out every week. It’s safe for HE washers, perfect for hard and soft water, safe for septic systems and gets clothes clean at all washing temperatures.
Rated “A” in EWG’s Guide to Healthy Cleaning, this is a laundry detergent that you can feel safe using to clean your baby’s clothes (or anything that needs washed in your home!).
It’s made up of only five natural ingredients and is made especially for sensitive skin. This is a perfect choice for any parent and the overall best baby detergent!
If you’re not a fan of powdered detergent, this chemical free, liquid detergent could be perfect for your family.
It’s made in the USA, created by doctors, and never tested on animals, it’s easy to love this company! Perfect for allergy sufferers and for sensitive skin or eczema, the 10x concentrated formula contains no harsh chemicals.
You won’t find phosphates, sulfates, petrochemicals, chlorine perfumes, dyes, allergens, or animal by products in this detergent. Since it’s a concentrated formula, it comes in a smaller bottle, which reduces the use of plastic, water, and energy by over 80 percent.
It’s safe to wash towels, blankets, and clothes with this detergent, it’s a great choice for all of your laundry needs.
If you need a budget detergent option, this might be it. This baby detergent from Purex is formulated to be hypoallergenic and dye-free, and it comes at a very budget friendly price.
It is safe for HE washers, or top loaders and has a nice light scent. It does a good job of cleaning clothes and removing stains; however, it does contain some harsh chemicals that could be a concern for parents.
It has sulfates and fragrances, so if you’re the parent of a baby with extremely sensitive skin or eczema, this might not be the best detergent for your family.