12 Most Popular Handbags in 2018
Have you ever fallen head-over-heels in love with a handbag?
Does your wardrobe need a little pick-me-up?
No matter what the reason or season, it’s always a good time to spice up your wardrobe with a new handbag. We’ve narrowed down some the most popular handbags in a wide variety of styles so that you have more time to go out feeling fabulous.
We’ve tried to include a little something for every age and preference – here’s hoping you find something you adore!
Top 12 Popular Handbags Ultimate Table
|1. Nawoshow Women Wallet Cute Cat Wallet Bifold Long Purse||High-quality Faux Leather||Clutch||4.8|
|2. Pijushi Classic Embossed Crocodile Purse||Leather||Handbag||4.7|
|3. Iswee Fashion Leather Handbags||Cowhide||Tote||4.7|
|4. Ainifeel Women’s Padlock Handbags||Cow Leather||Shoulder||4.6|
|5. Heshe Womens Leather Vintage Handbags Shoulder Handbag||Cowhide||Shoulder||4.6|
|6. Berchirly Small Vintage Canvas+Leather Messenger Cross body bag||Canvas, Leather||Messenger||4.5|
|7. JOYSON Women Handbags Hobo Shoulder Bags||PU Leather||Shoulder||4.5|
|8. ECOSUSI Ladies Faux Leather Briefcase Shoulder Laptop Messenger Bags||Faux Leather||Briefcase||4.5|
|9. Functional Multi Pocket Crossbody Bag||Faux Leather||Crossbody||4.5|
|10. Scarleton Large Tote H1035||Synthetic Leather||Tote||4.4|
|11. BMC Womens Alloy Metal Abstract Stone Cut Hardcase Fashion Clutch Chain Handbag||Hard Case||Clutch||4.4|
|12. Covelin Women’s Handbag Genuine Leather Tote Shoulder Bags||Cowhide||Tote||4.4|
How to Find a Handbag That Helps You Feel Fabulous
Is a mere mention of the phrase “new handbag” enough to send a little shiver of joy up your spine? Are you looking for something classy that will make a statement for a lifetime, or at least a few seasons?
The wonderful thing about shopping today is that there’s more in store than ever before. No matter what your preference, you can find anything you want…which, although glorious, can also make things a little bit difficult. They come in so many shapes, colors, styles, and sizes, choosing the best one can be completely overwhelming.
Here are some tips to help you narrow down your favorite.
Are you less worried about looking funky and more concerned with what and how much you can carry around in a given day, without looking frumpy? Or do you want something that will start conversations?
Here are some examples of versatile, contemporary styles for everyday use:
- Mini Bags and Clutch Purses – Mini bags – teeny weeny things for minimalist fashionistas – are super cute, and hold a small wallet, phone, and keys. Along with the classic clutch, these are optimal choices for lunch with the ladies or nights out in heels. (Tip: Look for a clutch with a detachable strap for maximum versatility.)
- The Hobo Bag or Cinch Bag – This is an example of a more laid-back, casual style that tends to have a more rounded, organic type of look. Usually these are medium-sized and tend to work with a variety of outfits, one drawback being that they don’t tend to fit laptops or books as well as flatter styles do.
- The Convertible Shoulder Bag – A wonderful thing about bags these days is that you’ll find more and more classic styles that convert to different styles. For instance, many handbags can convert to a tote, messenger or shoulder bag.
- The Backpack Purse – If you are used to carrying a backpack but are looking for something a little more chic, or if your purse gets too heavy for just one shoulder, there are plenty of classy purses out there that convert to backpacks.
These are super versatile and are particularly great for those with a more active lifestyle.
- The Laptop Bag/Tote – If you’re a laptop-toting type of person, there’s no point in buying a small purse for everyday use. Choose something that will not only fit your laptop but that has a designated, separate compartment to keep it protected.
Quality and Material
You’ll want to choose a bag made with materials that suit your lifestyle. For instance, if you have kids or go to the gym a lot, you’ll want to look for something that can withstand moisture and spills.
If you’re looking for something that’s lasting and you have the time for regular maintenance, you can choose something a little sturdier, like leather.
Here are some pros and cons of different materials:
- Synthetic Leather – Often called PU leather or faux leather, synthetic leathers are generally not as durable as genuine leather, but they are easier to clean and water resistant (if not waterproof).
- Genuine Leather and Suede – This is the most likely fabric to be ruined or stained if you do not take proper care of it, but will last a lifetime. Suede is more delicate and difficult to keep clean and is better if you’re looking for a less polished and more casual type of look.
- Synthetics – Nylon and polyester (blends) are common materials for handbags, and are easy to care for and water resistant. It’s worth getting a synthetic bag for daily use if you are outdoors a lot, have kids or like to use your purse to carry groceries.
- Canvas – A good quality canvas bag is super durable and also washable. Though canvas tends to be a little on the heavier side, it’s also a good fabric to protect valuables that might need a little extra protection, like laptops.
Top 5 Most Popular Handbags Reviews
Okay, this is something a little different, or maybe a little on the youthful side: a small wallet/clutch purse with three little kitties draped over the top. It is simply adorable, and not only for kids, either. The detachable chain is so great if you want to use this as a wallet sometimes, and a purse for summer evenings.
We included this as an example of a smaller clutch bag that is cute enough on its own or can be easily slipped into a bigger bag if you want to use it as a wallet. The design and closure make it secure enough for your iPhone, credit cards and keys. Wear it as a cross-body bag for all day, hands-free comfort.
Cute, fun and feminine, this is a great gift idea for a niece or daughter, and it’s bound to be a conversation-starter either way!
We just have one word for this vintage-inspired, alligator embossed leather satchel-type handbag: Wow! This bag is so unique, sturdy, classy and cool, it’s a feast for the eyes at every angle, and is sure to be a great conversation starter on any occasion.
This purse is 100% leather, so it will go the distance with you, day to night. Beyond the cool gold padlock closure, it also comes in a rich range of juicy colors and even comes in two sizes. We love the luscious, bold red and the softer, subtle browns. And it even comes in a choice of two textures: “crocodile belly” and “crocodile back.”
This bag is more than just a fashion statement: it’s big enough to slip your laptop into on your way to school or the office. Pair with a bold lipstick and pantsuit for a little boost of confidence and rock that next meeting or party!
This is one of the most well-designed tote bags that we’ve found. Made with top layer cowhide leather and a poly lining, you can take it anywhere, and works well particularly as a weekend bag or carry-on while traveling.
We absolutely love the look that pairs simplicity with practicality: wear it anywhere and with anything and make a subtle, clean statement. Top layer cowhide is a mix of artificial and split leather, which means that it’s easier to care for than genuine leather.
It holds a ton of stuff, including a small laptop, and can be worn as a tote or shoulder bag. It features 2 open inner compartments, a zippered center pocket, an inner zipper pocket and a smaller rear pocket for keys and phones. It comes in four simple, classic colors: burgundy, blue, black and brown.
Here’s a line of classic handbags that will take you around the world and back again with their classic look and sturdy structure. These mid-sized leather purses come in a huge range of colors, so there’s something for every style.
You can choose this bag in one of two different sizes: the smaller is 11.8” long and the other 13.8” long. The bigger size is large enough for a small laptop or tablet. The bag also comes with a unique lock and key closure, which makes you feel more secure, especially when you’re strolling crowded city streets.
The two large inner compartments and bright-colored lining make it perfect for storing and finding a variety of items. This bag also has “feet” which means that it will stand up on its own and not get grimy and dirty if you need to put it on the floor.
We’re not sure if it’s possible to find a bag as tough, stylish and versatile as Heshe’s vintage-style handbags, which is why it made our list of most popular handbags.
These bags are tough enough to last through almost anything, while still looking classy. These bags will suit pretty much anyone, and the brown tones work well for those who like to experiment with 60’s and 70’s styles.
This bag holds a ton of stuff, plus it converts to 3 different carrying styles: as a shoulder bag, as a tote or across the shoulder, with a removable and adjustable shoulder strap. We also love that it comes in two sizes – 16.5 inches wide and 13.8 inches wide; this makes it a good choice whether you are short or tall.
The Heshe is fantastic for the gym, and it makes a great carry-on, and it comes in five fab colors to fit any wardrobe.