12 Most Comfortable Sneakers in 2017
The hunt for comfortable sneakers is something that everyone understands from those going for casual walks or those getting out on the running trails.
Most guides will provide you with basic information about fit and quality of the sneakers and therefore don’t help much.
We have crafted a list of the most comfortable sneakers on the market and provided the real inside tips that will help you understand which pair to choose.
Table of Contents
- Top 12 Comfortable Sneakers Ultimate Chart
- Feel Like You Are Walking on Clouds
- Consider the Use of the Sneakers
- Don’t Forget Style
- Top 5 Most Comfortable Sneakers Reviews
Top 12 Comfortable Sneakers Ultimate Chart
|Design||Name||Type of Sneaker||No. of Color Combinations||Rating (1-5)|
|1. Easy Spirit Women’s Romy Sneaker||Walking||5||4.6|
|2. ASICS Men’s GEL Venture 5 Trail Running Shoe||Trail Running||16||4.5|
|3. Skechers Sport Men’s Energy Afterburn Lace-Up Sneaker||Casual or General Athletic||7||4.5|
|4. ASICS Women’s GEL-Venture 5 Running Shoe||Running||10||4.4|
|5. adidas Performance Men’s Cloudfoam Ilation Basketball Shoe||Basketball||9||4.4|
|6. Skechers Sport Men’s Vigor 2.0 Trait Memory Foam Sneaker||General Athletic||7||4.4|
|7. Alicia Women’s Lightweight Knit Running Shoes||Running||2||4.4|
|8. adidas NEO Men’s Cloudfoam VS City Shoes||Running||5||4.4|
|9. Skechers Sport Women’s Relaxation Breathe Easy Moneybags Sneaker||Casual and General Athletic||6||4.3|
|10. Coach Women’s Kelson Lace-Up Sneakers||Running||8||4.2|
|11. Skechers Sport Women’s Good Life Fashion Sneaker||Casual and General Athletic||24||4.1|
|12. JACKSHIBO Men Women Unisex Couple Casual Fashion Sneakers Breathable Athletic Sports Shoes||Casual and General Athletic||9||4.1|
Feel Like You Are Walking on Clouds
As we have mentioned before, most of the time a guide for comfortable sneakers will tell the reader to make sure the shoe fits properly and is made from high-quality materials.
We feel that this is only the beginning to getting comfortable sneakers and some products will still hurt even if they fit perfectly. That is why we have created this comprehensive checklist you should use even when you are choosing from our list of the most comfortable sneakers on the market:
- Previous Experience – One great thing to do when buying sneakers is to consider what has worked for you in the past and that means trying to stick to similar brands or styles that have provided you additional comfort before.
This is important because our feet are so unique that what may be extremely comfortable for others may not be the perfect option for you.
- Wide or Narrow – This is actually one of the most overlooked aspects of buying sneakers as buyers mostly focus on the size of the shoe and not its width.
Everyone is aware that sneakers come in a range of widths but this measurement is not usually considered before buying, and it can generate a lot of discomfort.
- Type of Foot Problems – It is certainly worth focusing on the type of pain you have been experiencing. “Comfortable” is a very broad term and means different things if related to blisters, arch discomfort, heel pain, or swelling.
Look for specific features that will assist in any sneaker you choose. You can also check out expert reviews to see exactly what we mean when we describe a pair of sneakers as comfortable.
- A History of Injuries – Closely related to the last point, you should be careful to think of any injuries you have had in the past. Often foot pain is related to the ankles, knees, and hips. It can be difficult to directly target the problem without considering the true cause.
Consider the Use of the Sneakers
Here we will look at the various types of sneakers available on our list and how they will provide comfort in differing ways:
- Walking – These sneakers are cushioned throughout and provide a greater level of arch support. They are designed for those that will be on their feet for long periods of time.
- Casual – These shoes are very similar to walking sneakers in their design, but they are styled to look less like sports sneakers; this means they are a great choice for those who suffer from foot pain on a daily basis or those that work on their feet.
- General Athletic – As you will see on our list, these are usually paired with casual as these sneakers are trying to check all the boxes, which means they are the most comfortable sneakers for those looking for all-rounders.
- Running and Basketball – Both of these sneakers focus more on impact and providing comfort throughout movement. They will also offer moisture wicking to prevent rubbing and blisters.
Don’t Forget Style
We have included on our list the number of color combinations.
This not only provides a greater amount of choice at the beginning but also when it comes to replacing your sneakers you can opt for the same pair without looking like you haven’t changed sneaker at all.
This will save you a lot of time later on as you won’t need to hunt for another comfortable and reliable brand of sneaker.
Top 5 Most Comfortable Sneakers Reviews
The Easy Spirit Women’s Romy are some of the most comfortable sneakers money can buy. Whether you will be using the shoes specifically to go on walks or need a reliable shoe for working long days on your feet, you can count on these. The simple design means that these shoes go with everything easily.
The comfort comes from a combination of features that keep your foot supported and mean that you roll forward as you are walking rather than putting the full impact of your steps into your feet. The flared soles of the shoe make them more stable, so you never have to worry about rolling an ankle or tripping.
The quality comes from the design as well as the materials used. The leather upper and the rubber sole are made to last so you can enjoy comfort for a very long time before needing a replacement.
ASICS is one of the most trusted brands for runners because comfort is at the forefront of their design, and this is why it is no surprise that the ASICS Men’s Gel Venture 5 is among the most comfortable sneakers that you could buy for any physical activity.
The wide-set sole and the rearfoot gel cushioning combine to set this shoe apart from the competition. The gel absorbs any impact while you are walking or running to keep the pressure off of your feet. The upper is made of a mesh and synthetic material combination that keeps the shoes breathable.
The materials that make up the sole and the upper are lightweight, thus making the whole shoes lighter, something that adds to how easily you can wear these shoes for long periods of time. It should be noted that these sneakers are even suitable for those that have issues with their feet, as there is a removable sock liner that adjusts for any required medical orthotics.
The Skechers Sport Men’s Energy Afterburn Lace-Up Sneakers are good for all around performance and comfort. These shoes are made for general athletics rather than for a specific sport. This versatility is something that contributes greatly to the design and therefore the overall comfort of the shoes.
The first thing to note is the padded tongue and collar. From the very first time you step into these shoes, you will feel the full support of the cushioning and what this means for the way your feet feel even after hours of standing or walking.
The shoes give a bounce and stability that is better than shoes that have been made for specifically for running. In terms of the quality that you can expect and longevity without compromising the comfort and cushion, these shoes are more than affordable.
The fit is also perfectly matched to your normal shoe size so you can order these shoes again and again without issue.
The performance of the ASICS Women’s GEL-Venture 5 is something that you will benefit from athletically as well as physically. These shoes are made to support your stance when you are running, walking or just spending a lot of time on your feet.
When considering buying these shoes, you should first examine the high-quality materials. These shoes have been made to last, which is obvious from the rugged mesh upper and the synthetic sole. While these might not seem like the most durable materials at first, they are the most stable and more long-lasting without adding extra weight to your feet while you move.
The GEL cushioning system is another feature of the shoes that helps to keep your feet comforted without hindering you with extra and unnecessary padding. Considering the attractive design, wide range of color choices and the relatively low price, you can’t go wrong with these sneakers.
If you want style and comfort in one, then the Adidas Performance Men’s Cloudfoam is the perfect sneaker. This shoe is sleek and has been built to keep your feet supported and your ankles sturdy. While these have been specifically made as basketball shoes, they are comfortable to wear for hours on end in any setting.
One of the best things about these sneakers is the fact that they do not need to be broken in. The sneakers come ready to wear, with the cushioning plush and the structure of the shoe ready to mold to your foot without causing pain or blisters.
Comfort Won’t Last Forever
There is a mile limit to any type of shoe, and it is a common misconception that sneakers get more comfortable over time. It really depends on what activities you will be doing in your sneakers, but they will eventually become uncomfortable.
It can be difficult to know when to change your sneakers, so here are some things to check for:
- A worn heel,
- Any kind of foot, knee or leg pain,
- When you run or walk over 300 miles.
- The sides do not hold the structure of the foot.
By replacing your sneakers at regular intervals, you will continue to have the ultimate comfort and support.