12 Best Yoga Pants in 2017
Yoga is a truly special practice that can heal your body and soul both inside and out. It’s no surprise that more and more people have become huge fans.
Whether you are a dedicated yoga disciple or just like to dabble here and there, you’re going to need a great pair of yoga pants to allow you to practice with flexibility and comfort.
Since there are so many different kinds of yoga pants on the market these days, it may seem overwhelming to find the perfect pair for your needs; however, we put together a fun guide to the best yoga pants to simplify your search.
Top 12 Yoga Pants Ultimate Table
How to Select the Right Yoga Pants
Finding the best yoga pants for your body type and personal preferences isn’t so hard. In the section that follows, we will take you through some of the design features to think about before you shop. Once you narrow the field, picking the right pair for you will be a cinch.
Length and Silhouette
Before you start shopping, think about the type of yoga you practice, the climate you live in, and your comfort.
Below are the three most popular styles of yoga pants these days:
- Ankle-Length Legging – Suitable for yoga classes, running, or casual wear on the weekends, these yoga pants are versatile and practical. They provide support down the entire length of the leg. Some might find this a bit cloying, especially in hot yoga classes – or too revealing if you tend to dress more modestly.
- Capri-Length Legging – These yoga pants have all of the same advantages of ankle length leggings, with the exception that they cut off below the knee. Your bare calves will allow heat to escape during sweaty yoga classes. Just keep in mind that during the winter, you might freeze on your way home from the studio if you don’t change into something warmer!
- Boot-Cut Leg – If you prefer a roomier leg than a classic legging, look for boot-cut yoga pants. These pants flare out gently from the knee, giving you lots of mobility without too much material to trip you up as you flow from one pose to the next.
The waistband of your pants can make a big difference regarding the level of support and coverage of your midsection. Below are some key characteristics of the two most popular waistband types on the market:
- Tummy Control – More and more yoga pants come with a broad waistband that rises from the hips to the belly button. These high waists gently constrict your abdomen, keeping muffin top at bay.
If you find compression around your midsection too cloying, steer clear of tummy control designs in favor of foldover waists.
- Foldover – Many yoga pants these days come with waistbands that can be doubled over, so you can bend and twist with total mobility during challenging yoga classes. These waistbands usually come in a pop of color, which provides a nice contrast to the standard black or grey legs most pants feature.
When choosing the right pair of yoga pants for your lifestyle, take stock of the following considerations.
- Size Range – If you are extra petite or plus-sized, make sure that the design you like comes in a wide size range. These days, there are tons of models that come in a generous range of sizes, from XS to 3XL.
- Color Range – If you fall in love with one pair of yoga pants, check to see if they come in lots of colors. Now that yoga pants are so popular, many of them come in a huge color range so you can snap up both neutrals and bright hues.
Top 5 Best Yoga Pants Reviews
Our top pick for the best yoga pants around goes to the FEIVO Tummy Control Power Flex model. These yoga pants come with a host of great design features making them a great pick for anybody.
Crafted from a polyester-spandex blend, these yoga pants will hug your legs while providing you with ample flexibility to bend deep into those Warrior Twos and High Lunges. The fabric is opaque, so you can wear them in public with ample coverage. It’s also breathable enough to keep sweat moving away from your skin during your workout.
These capris leggings provide you with the perfect amount of coverage to wear year round. They allow your calves to breathe when your body temperature starts to soar, but cover your thighs and knees so you can go out and about without feeling inappropriate.
If you seek extra support to streamline your midsection, you will love the Tummy Control waistband on these yoga pants. Just keep in mind that if you don’t want to feel any fabric around your tummy when you bend and flex in class, this waistline may be a little on the high side for you.
The FEIVO Tummy Control power flex yoga pants are perfect for all kinds of wear – and all year long. The high waist, hidden interior pocket, and comfortable seams make them practical enough to live in!
Another great pair of yoga pants for active women is the 90 Degree by Reflex High Waist Tummy Control yoga capris.
Depending on the color, these yoga pants are fabricated with a varying blend of nylon, polyester, and spandex. As a result, they offer both support and flexibility all day long.
In addition to the great blend, these yoga pants have a gusset crotch and interlock seams. If these words don’t mean much to you, just know that you’ll be able to move all around without feeling seams digging into your legs or hips. No more chafing seams – or splitting seams, for that matter!
These yoga capris extend 22 inches in length, covering your hips, thighs, and knees while offering a full range of motion. They are perfect for wearing both in yoga class and when lounging around on the couch.
As the design suggests, these capris leggings have a high waist to keep your tummy smooth and reduce bulge.
Perhaps the best thing about these yoga pants is that they come in a huge array of colors. Snap them up in neutrals and bright colors and pair them with all the workout gear in your closet.
If you are a fan of ankle length leggings, you will love the Tesla High-Waist yoga pants. These leggings are perfect for wearing both in and out of yoga class, thanks to their long length and full coverage.
These polyester/spandex leggings have a ton of stretch without sacrificing coverage. They aren’t at all see-through, so you can bend and reach in class, or even pair them with a sweater and boots, and feel perfectly at ease.
The high waist feature is perfect for smoothing out your midsection and covering your tummy. As a result, these leggings are perfect for rocking in class with a sports bra – no t-shirt required.
If for any reason you still feel hesitant to give these yoga pants a try, rest assured that they come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee. Grab them up in a bunch of different colors – if you aren’t happy with the design or fit, you can return them for a full refund.
If you prefer a bit more room in your yoga pants, you will love the BootLeg design from noted athletic brand Spalding.
The great thing about these yoga pants is that they fit like a pair of leggings through the hips and thighs, hugging your curves while providing lots of support and stretch. Below the knee, they gently flare outward, giving you tons of mobility.
In addition to their boot-cut silhouette, these pants have a wide, supportive waistband that will keep everything in check without making you feel constricted. They are just perfect for wearing in a yoga class with lots of bending and stretching.
These cotton/spandex blend yoga pants are durable enough to throw in the wash after a sweaty yoga class. Just make sure not to turn the heat up too high, or you may run the risk of melting the fabric.
The Spalding BootLeg yoga pant is a perfect choice for active women who prefer a slightly flared silhouette to a full legging.
The ODODOS High Waist Yoga leggings are an awesome choice for both yoga practitioners and runners alike.
These leggings are fabricated from a blend of nylon, polyester, and spandex to provide comfort and lots of stretch. The blend is woven tightly enough to provide a full-coverage finish.
As indicated, they have a very broad waistband that covers the tummy and sucks everything in. If you are looking for lots of support, then this is a great style for you.
One of the most unique features of these leggings is the large exterior pocket that hugs the upper thigh. It’s the perfect size and shape to store a smartphone – making these leggings truly useful for long distance runners who want to listen to music and keep their hands free.
These leggings come in a nice range of color options, including both solid hues and heather finishes. You can scoop up a number of different colors and try them at home. If you don’t like any of them, simply send them back within 30 days for a 100% refund.
Whether you are a runner or a yogi, give the ODODOS High Waist yoga leggings a try. They are as practical as they are stylish.