12 Best Winter Jackets for Men in 2018
Anyone who experiences differences in the seasons will be aware that it is necessary to make preparations in order to get ready for it.
Whether you live in an area that suffers harsh winters or you are planning to travel to one, it will be necessary to ensure that you are properly protected.
Though there are many items that can be used to offer protection, a jacket will be one of the main methods of keeping warm.
By taking into account the features required from winter clothing, you can ensure that you get the best winter jackets for men.
Top 12 Winter Jackets for Men Comparison Table
|1. The North Face Men’s Resolve Jacket||Yes||Polyester||4.7|
|2. Legendary Whitetails Men’s Glacier Ridge Pro Series Winter Jacket||Yes||Nylon/Polyester||4.7|
|3. Boulder Creek Men’s Big & Tall Hooded Parka||No||Polyester||4.6|
|4. Caterpillar Men’s Heavy Insulated Parka Coat||No||Polyester||4.5|
|5. Columbia Men’s Frost Fighter Jacket||Yes||Polyester/Nylon||4.5|
|6. Columbia Men’s Steens Mountain Full Zip 2.0 Fleece Jacket||No||Polyester||4.4|
|7. Columbia Men’s Eager Air Interchange 3-in-1 Jacket||Yes||Nylon||4.3|
|8. Match Mens Wool Classic Pea Coat Winter Coat||Yes||Microfleece||3.9|
|9. Wantdo Men’s Waterproof Mountain Jacket Fleece Windproof Ski Jacket||No||Polyester, Cotton||3.6|
|11. ZNU Men’s Winter Thicken Warm Stand Collar Down Jacket Coat Outwear Parka||No||Wool/Polyester||3.7|
|11. Top-EC Men’s Thicken Down Winter Coats Trench Jacket Hooded||No||Polyester/Down||3.5|
|12. LILBETTER Men’s Sport Lamb Wool Jacket Fleece Windproof Warm Outwear Coats||No||Polyester/Cotton||3.4|
Features of Good Men’s Winter Jackets
- Waterproof – The purpose of a winter jacket is to provide protection during the winter months, which will often mean needing to defend yourself against all forms of precipitation. When this is the case, a jacket that comprises a waterproof top layer will be useful in preventing the risk of getting wet.
- Insulation – Being able to stay warm is important during the winter months, which will make it necessary to ensure that the insulation is sufficient for the type of temperature that can be expected.
- Material – The material from which a man’s winter jacket is made is important for a number of reasons, as it will dictate how warm it is, whether it is waterproof and if it is breathable, to name just a few. Checking the material before purchase will help to ensure that it will be suited to your needs.
- Weight – Some winter jackets can be heavy, which may not be suitable if the winter jacket is required for a sporting activity. Consider the weight of the jacket and whether it is suitable for your intended purpose.
- Accessories – The specific features of a winter jacket can include a wide range of factors, such as the hood, number of pockets and type of fasteners. Determine whether all the features you require are included to help determine whether the jacket is right for you.
- Color – The color of the jacket is important as it will dictate whether it is appropriate to the intended use.
- Fit – The manner in which the jacket fits will dictate whether it is suitable for its intended purpose.
- Cleaning Method – The manner in which a man’s winter jacket needs to be cleaned must be considered as it may not be convenient to regularly take it to the drycleaners, especially if it is worn often. Consider whether you are prepared to make the necessary visits to the dry cleaners if it is not machine washable.
How to Choose the Right Winter Jacket
There are many aspects that need to be taken into account in order to get the right winter jacket, which will ensure that it is fit for purpose.
One of the first things to consider is the reason why the jacket is required. For example, a jacket that is required for general use throughout the winter will not necessarily be appropriate to wear while skiing. Think about the intended use to ensure you obtain the right style of jacket.
Think about the activities that you will be undertaking while wearing the jacket to determine whether it will be suitable. For example, a jacket that is waterproof and breathable will prove useful for travelling in particular regions.
The style of the winter jacket will also be a factor in respect of how it fits, such as whether it is close-fitting or roomy.
Think about how easy it will be to fasten the jacket in adverse conditions, such as if your hands are cold and wet. A zipper may be easier to handle than buttons in certain situations and will be more likely to comprise the necessary flap that will maintain the jacket as windproof and waterproof.
Top 4 Best Winter Jackets for Men Reviews
This North Face Resolve jacket is available in a range of different colors, though the one we obtained was black.
The seams are sealed, so even if it is pouring down, there is no way that water can creep into the jacket via the seams. The material of the shell itself is also waterproof.
It comprises a funnel neck that adds extra protection against the wind, and the lining of the collar is nice and soft so there is no chafing against the skin.
The North Face Resolve jacket is fully lined in a mesh material, and it is breathable so it is comfortable, keeping you warm without making you boiling hot.
This jacket is not heavy, so it does not create any hindrance when it is worn for a long period.
This jacket is great for travellers as the features make it highly convenient.
The Legendary Whitetails Glacier Ridge jacket is an example of one that is specifically designed to be beneficial for the winter.
Though it is not heavy, it is effective at providing sufficient warmth to make it a quality cost that will last throughout winter.
The Legendary Whitetails Glacier Ridge jacket is waterproof and windproof, but it is still breathable so it remained comfortable during a hike. There are also vents under the arms for added ventilation.
It comes in a range of different colours, which makes it easy to find one that is suitable for your needs.
The jacket is easy to fasten with its zipper and it has a detachable hood.
The pockets are deep and lined so that they keep the hands warm.
The Legendary Whitetails Glacier Ridge jacket is excellent for those who want a warm jacket that also looks quite smart.
The cut of the Boulder Creek hooded parka is designed for the ‘big and tall’ man, so it is comfortable for those men that are of a larger stature than average. To account for this, the length of the tall version is 36” and 34” for the big version.
It comes in a number of different colors, including camouflage.
The Boulder Creek Hooded Parka is insulated with polyfill, which is even included in the sleeves so it keeps you nice and warm.
There is plenty of room to carry items as it comprises breast pockets as well as low pockets, which both have flaps.
The hood is of a generous size, so it is sufficient to properly cover the head in inclement weather.
The Boulder Creek Hooded Parka is a convenient jacket that can keep you warm throughout winter.
The Caterpillar Heavy Insulated jacket has a two-way zip that is hidden by a flap, which is secured by snap buttons to keep the wind and rain out
It comprises a large hood that benefits from a drawstring cord to help keep it on the head.
It is also possible to adjust the size of the cuffs to make them fit more snugly.
The shell of the Caterpillar Heavy Insulated jacket goes some way to prevent the ingress of water, so it can be deemed water resistant rather than waterproof.
The Caterpillar heavy Insulated jacket is the best winter jacket for men as it boasts a number of features that make it beneficial for the winter season.