12 Best Truck Bed Liners in 2018
Regular use of a truck for heavy goods or large volumes can take its toll after a while, which means wear and tear can result. This can become increasingly worse, which will mean that maintenance is required more often.
The lack of an effective truck bed liner can also mean that there is a risk of any items being transported becoming damaged.
To avoid any of this being the case, the use of the best truck bed liner can help to maintain the look and ability of the truck.
Top 12 Truck Bed Liners Complete Table
Benefits of the Best Truck Bed Liner
No matter what type of goods are transported in your truck, a truck bed liner can prove useful for a number of different reasons.
- Maintenance – The use of a truck bed liner can provide an effective way to ensure that the condition of the truck bed is maintained in good condition. It can help to increase the life of your truck bed and limiting the amount of repairs that will be necessary.
- Waterproofing – All types of truck bed liner can provide a waterproof lining, which will limit the amount of damage and warping that can be suffered.
- Protection – In addition to the protection for the truck bed, a liner can help to protect the items that are transported in the truck. Loads that contain goods that are heavy or awkwardly shaped can cause damage to the truck bed surface and to the load itself.
- Traction – A decent truck bed liner will provide a surface that reduces the amount of skidding that the goods in the truck will be subject to, which will help to keep the load stable during transportation.
- Vibration Reduction – A truck bed line will limit the level of vibration that can result from goods bouncing on the truck bed while driving over an uneven surface. Consequently, the amount of noise that results from driving a loaded truck will be less prominent.
- Ease of Use – A paint on truck bed liner may require one or two coats and it is easy to apply with a brush or a roller. The mat version will only require being laid in the correct position.
Liquid Truck Bed Liner vs. Mat Truck Bed Liner
Due to there being different types of truck bed liner available, it is necessary to understand the difference between them to determine which is the best choice for your needs.
The application of liquid liner will require preparation and effort prior to starting the process, as well as time afterward in order for it to dry and cure to ensure it will be effective. With some examples, more than one coat may be required.
The shelf life of liquid liner must be considered to determine whether you will be able to use more of it if you have a quantity left over. In this case, it will be easy to top up the application if it is necessary to do so.
The mat liner may move around if it does not fit properly, which can be problematic and dangerous. Accordingly, it will be necessary to ensure that it is the right size for the truck, which means needing to know the dimensions of your truck bed.
In the event that a mat liner suffers wear and tear or becomes damaged, repair may be possible minor issues, but in many cases, there will be no option but to replace it.
Top 4 Truck Bed Liners Reviews
The U-POL 0820V-GUN kit is more than just the liquid truck bed liner as the kit contains a hardener and a spray gun, so a separate applicator system.
The liquid creates a black truck bed liner and the bottles contain more than enough to coat the entire truck bed with two coats and all the touch-ups.
The spray gun is simple to use and is not too heavy so that it does not tire your arms out while applying the liner.
The liquid goes on easy with a steady hand, but it does give off fumes so is best applied in a ventilated location and with the use of a mask. Even never having used a spray gun before, it was not difficult to master by a beginner and even layers were achievable by spraying in lines.
However, because the spray can never be perfectly precise, so it a good idea to cover up any areas.
The liquid dries in about an hour and are durable, damage resistant and waterproof from thereafter.
U-POL 0820V-GUN kit is a great product for people who want the convenience of everything they need to apply a truck bed liner in one kit.
The Dee Zee DZ86972 truck bed liner is a mat version of the protective layer as opposed to a brush on or spray on version.
There is one in the pack, which is specifically designed to consider the wheel wells so that it has a custom shape. It fit a pick-up perfectly.
The mat is extra thick and heavy weight, which helps prevent it from moving about. The material from which it is made also has the qualities necessary to prevent it from slipping. The mat is made from Nyracord, which is a rubber compound that comprises cords to increase the strength.
The thickness is 9.52mm so it is sufficiently insulating to protect both the truck and any goods being transported.
The Dee Zee DZ86972 is weather proof as water just runs off along the cleats in the material and the sun seems to have no effect at all.
The Dee Zee DZ86972 mat is a convenient way to protect a truck and the items transported in it.
The Dee Zee DZ86928 heavyweight mat is a black truck bed liner that is cut to custom fit a truck bed. It fits snugly in place and does not move around.
It is made from rubber that has been compressed to such as extent that it is nearly indestructible, as it is resistant to cracks, tears, scratches, and abrasions.
There were no negative effects from extreme weather conditions or chemical spills.
The Dee Zee DZ86928 heavyweight is an easy to use truck bed liner that is effective at providing protection.
The Custom Coat spray-on urethane truck bed liner in available in a number of different quantities, so it is easy to get the right quantity for your requirements.
We obtained the 4-liter version, which comes with a free spray gun.
The pack contains four bottles of the liquid liner that are 750ml each and a single bottle of hardener that contains 1l.
Mixing the liquids is simple as the ratio is straightforward at three parts liner to one part hardener. As soon as it has been combined, it is ready to be applied and the spray gun is easy to fix in place.
The result was waterproof and effective at preventing rust from forming.
Custom Coat spray on liner is the best truck bed liner as it is easy to apply and then immediately offers complete protection.