12 Best Travel Purses in 2017
There are tons of great travel purses out there and each one has unique features and cute styles that appeal to those who are looking for the best travel purse.
The problem is choosing one!
What things should you look for as you shop? Which purses are the most comfortable, the safest, the most durable and will actually look good slung across your shoulder?
In our guide below, we’ll show you our top 12 purse picks and provide you with some handy tips and suggestions that will help you choose the right one for your needs.
Whether you’re looking for a day pack or a Crossbody bag, we have a wide range of excellent choices for you below.
Top 12 Travel Purses Chart
Types of Purses
The main types of purses include:
- Crossbody Bag – Comes with a long strap that may be adjustable. Not only are cross body bags stylish bags for travel but they leave your hands free when worn.
- Shoulder Bags – Are designed to be worn on over one shoulder, with the bag within easy reach of the hand. They may also come with adjustable straps.
- Slings – Are a mix between a backpack and a Crossbody bag.Instead of resting at the hip like a Crossbody bag does, the rest on your back and the strap will only rest on one shoulder (as opposed to both shoulders like a traditional backpack.
- Clutches/Wristlets – Are like large wallets with a strap. You can wear them like a Crossbody bag but they don’t have as much space for items.
These are great if you need something a little cleaner/more stylish for a night out on the town or in more formal settings.
- Totes – Are best as carry-on handbags. They fit more than a purse but less than a piece of carry-on luggage.
We wouldn’t recommend these as you walk around during your travels unless you feel absolutely confident and safe about your travel location.
Details to Pay Attention To
When searching for the best purse for travel, you should look at things such as:
- Color – It’s usually best to avoid lighter colors for purses that will take the brunt of the load during your travels. The dirt shows much easier.
Darker colors or purses with patters will help you hide the dirt more easily!
- Security Features – Look for heavy duty zippers, buckles and RFID protection to help keep your items safe and secure as you travel.
Top 4 Best Travel Purse Reviews
The eBags Piazza Bay Bag is a wonderful choice for a travel purse. Not only is it lightweight but it comes with plenty of space to pack all of your essential items.
Ithas a zippered main compartment with two pockets on the inside that can be used to hold things such as glasses, wallet or even camera. The front pocket, on the other hand, is the perfect place to store items such as your phone that you may wish to accessquickly. There is also a handy key hook inside to prevent them from getting lost.
The side pockets come in handy for storing your water bottle (bring your own water rather than paying for expensive water from tourist vendors).
Overall, this is one of our favorite travel purses and it comes in a range of cute colors. It makes an excellent gift for the traveler in the family, too!
The Vera Bradley Hipster Crossbody bag is made from microfiber and comes in a ton of cute styles and patterns.
It has a handy zippered pocket on the front with three interior slip pockets to help you keep everything organized
It features layers of multi-textured quilting which give it a wonderful look and feel. As for the shoulder strap, you get an adjustable strap that you can adjust according to how long or short you wish it to be.
Although it is classified as a Crossbody bag, it doesn’t really match the true style of a Crossbody bag since both seams of the strap are sewn to the same side of the purse. With a real Crossbody bag, the straps are sewn on opposite sides of the purse. The material is also a bit less durable than some of the others on our list.
Not a deal breaker, but just something to be aware of so you don’t have any uncomfortable surprises should you decide to purchase it.
Vera Bradley definitely knows how to mix fashion and travel!
Ogio’s Brooklyn purse is a true Crossbody bag and we love the three decorative buttons on the front that add a dash of flare.
Unlike most of the other purses we looked at, this does not have any external pockets. It is just one main compartment that is divided into several sections. We liked using it and the two dividers were also zippered pouches themselves, providing you with plenty of storage space. Just remember where you put everything so you won’t have to spend five minutes digging for something when you forget which one you put it in!
We like that it has room for an iPad (or something of similar dimensions) and the many ways it allows you to stay organized as you travel.
It is definitely one of the most popular purses on our list!
The Berchirly Small Vintage canvas bag is a great choice for those looking for a smaller Crossbody bag.
It is casual and simple: great for a casual stroll through a new town or city when you don’t want to carry around a larger, heavier bag. We see this being handy in the summer months.
This isn’t the right choice for those of you in need of maximum protection, but if you’re looking for a stylish day bag that carries items that aren’t too valuable, this is a great choice.