12 Best Travel Daypacks in 2017
Nothing beats the unique experience of traveling; the excitement of discovering a new, interesting place and getting immersed in its beauty. Nonetheless, in order to relish a truly perfect vacation, one knows that the best travel daypack plays an important role. It could be said that having the right traveling gear can make your day painful or enjoyable.
If you want to cross down on your checklist multiple destinations, or you’re heading off on a two-day trip to your favorite city, you want to depend on your backpack. Otherwise, you’ll just be stressed out and tormented by a constant back pain. To make the job easier for you, we have selected and tested twelve daypacks, so that you can steer clear of making any painful mistakes!
Top 12 Travel Daypacks Comparison
How to Choose the Perfect Travel Daypack
How could we describe a travel daypack? In plain English, a travel daypack is a small, lightweight bag that you can easily carry around during your travels when you leave your bigger, main backpack at the hotel. Having such a daypack enables you to relish your daily excursions without any backache.
As for the key features that you should take into consideration when you’re looking for the best travel daypack, we have prepared a list for you.
- Capacity – The capacity or size of your daypack is, presumably, the most important thing. In the case in which it is too big, you may find it tiresome and cumbersome to carry around; whereas if it’s too small, you won’t be able to stack all your necessities. Ideally, you should make a list of the things you intend to carry with you on a daily basis and determine the right size/capacity for your needs.
An extra tip: if you’re an avid shopper, especially during your travels, it might be best to choose a daypack whose capacity is a tad bigger than what you actually need, so that you don’t run out of space.
- Weight – Considering that you’ll be wearing your daypack throughout the entire day, it goes without saying that you should choose a lightweight product. Ideally, you should go for a lightweight daypack without compromising on the capacity.
Bear in mind that heavy daypacks can be quite uncomfortable to wear, which is why it’s crucial to choose a weight you can easily manage from morning until evening.
- Waterproofness – Weather is unpredictable; even though we always strive to check the weather forecast a billion times before a trip, rain still happens when you least expect it to, and there’s nothing you can do about it. Still, instead of being frustrated because of the rain, you should embrace it and be prepared for it.
So, in the case in which you’re off to a rainy destination, a waterproof daypack becomes a necessity. Fortunately, most daypacks are made of nylon, which is a durable, waterproof material.
- Foldability – Foldability is another important that you should take into consideration during your shopping. Many of the daypacks we have added to our list have this feature, enabling you to compress them.
That allows you to store them in your main bag, without extra effort. This function can turn out to be crucial, particularly if you’re traveling between countries and you’re not using your daypack 24/7.
- Water Bottle Sleeve – Long traveling days can be quite tiring, even for the experienced traveler. In order to stay fresh during your day trips, hydration plays a crucial role. On that note, water bottle pockets can turn out to be really handy, since getting off your daypack just to get some water can be tiring.
This compartment can also be quite useful for keeping snacks or other travel goodies at your disposal.
- Compartments – A daypack with a single compartment can be genuinely annoying. Imagine trying to find something in it: you may find it impossible. There’ll always be those scenarios when you’re looking for something, and the bag seems to have swallowed it.
On the other hand, too many compartments aren’t a good thing either. The best is to find a balance and choose a product that enables you to keep your stuff approximatively in order.
- Warranty – If you fit into the rugged traveler’s category, you are prone to experience some tear and wear during your travels. On that note, you should consider the manufacturer’s warranty; some provide lifetime warranty while others offer limited warranty.
Top 5 Best Travel Daypack Reviews
This daypack is, by definition, a quintessential, practical product that fits all your needs for casual hikes or day trips.
Its size is just perfect for spending half a day on a trip, while having sufficient storage so that you don’t have to skim while packing.
The fabric has a nice stretchiness to it while being notably durable. The snug fit is excellent, ensuring that this fits nicely on the back. When it’s not overloaded, this will melt into your frame effortlessly.
The exterior front pocket is perfect for holding a raincoat, for instance.
The daypack is featured by two hip belt pockets which are generous and well positioned. They are also practical. The Talon 22 has hooks for hiking poles, which many may find useful.
And lastly, this is a daypack that looks good. It perfectly balances versatility, form, and function.
Without fear of contradiction, this daypack stands as a fantastic choice for both men and women. This is a favorite, highly appreciated product, which is why this design has been copied by other producers as well. Still, this is the original, the real deal we might say.
The pack is easily foldable into its inner zippered pocket. So, in less than a minute, you can transform this into a handy pouch, being featured by a carrying handle. You can easily store it in your main backpack or luggage, occupying minimal space.
When it is unzipped, the adjustable shoulder straps enable you to use it as a backpack. The main compartment, when unzipped, reveals an extra pocket that you can use for holding essentials.
The durable material, the functionality, and design of this product make it a top choice. Plus, you benefit from the lifetime warranty.
This ultra-lightweight daypack is a fantastic option if you’re looking for good value at an inexpensive rate. Manufactured with tear-resistant, waterproof nylon, this is the perfect daypack for day hikes and trips.
After our tests, we concluded that this could perfectly include the daily essentials that you might need for a day trip. As a bonus, it’s truly as lightweight as advertised, so this is a great selling point if you ask us.
The main pocket could easily accommodate a pair of shoes, camera, and some clothes (if needed). The small pocket on the outside is also really functional for carrying random stuff such as headphones, snacks, sunblock, and so on.
The side pockets are ideal for having your water bottle with you at all times. As for the inner pocket, it is great for carrying your belongings, such as keys, wallet, and phone.
The zippers operate smoothly; the shoulder straps are breathable – in short, this is a great all-purpose travel daypack.
This nifty looking daypack does not only looks neat, but it is also resistant. Being featured by honeycomb RipStop fabric, your bag is protected from water splashes and accidental tears.
You can choose from five cool colors so that you can travel in style.
The daypack has an oversized outer mesh pocket where you could store your maps, traveling guide or any other things to which you want immediate access. It also has an inner zippered pocket where you can hold your passport and money.
The breathable straps are also perfect since they keep you cool and dry at all times.
This daypack is another great product that gets the job done for the price. It is a functional, basic daypack that has everything you could need for your daily adventures. The material is waterproof, which means that you shouldn’t worry about potential rainy incidents.
This backpack is also perfect for college, school or work. Given that it’s so versatile, you’ll get a lot of wear out of this.
The straps are very comfortable, which is a great feature for avid travelers. We tested this daypack through rain and wind, and we were more than happy with its performance. It is definitely a decent example of the manufacturer’s craftsmanship.
Having the best travel daypack during your adventures is a necessity for many travelers, we included. They are increasingly useful and practical during day trips, in spite of location and weather. If you wish to simplify your travels, we advise you to purchase a high-quality product, such as the ones described in our buying guide.
Remember that each traveler has distinct needs, which is why we recommend you to consider features such as size, capacity, and the number of compartments, material, and weight before making a purchase. There’s no better time than the present to equip yourself for your travels!