12 Best Sunglasses for Small Faces in 2017
Far from just being a stylish accessory, sunglasses are actually an effective way to protect the eyes from the damage that can be caused by the sun’s rays; however, sunglasses that are too big may not be effective at protecting your eyes from the sun’s rays.
If the arms are not sufficiently close fitting, they might fall off your face and break!
Regardless of the size of the sunglasses, it is important to check that they meet regulations that offer effective protection from that UVA and UVB rays that can cuss damage to the eyes.
By ensuring that the qualities meet your needs, you can obtain the best sunglasses for small faces.
Top 12 Sunglasses for Small Faces Ultimate Table
|Design||Name||Frame Material||Shade Colors||Rating (1-5)|
|1. Bolle Copperhead Sunglasses||Plastic||2||4.4|
|2. Women’s Polarized Sunglasses from EYE LOVE||Plastic/metal||2||4.4|
|3. Suncloud Optics Star Sunglasses||Plastic||3||4.4|
|4. kate spade new york Paxtons Rectangular Sunglasses||Plastic||5||4.4|
|5. Tifosi Core Non-Polarized Wrap Sunglasses||Plastic||6||4.3|
|6. Tifosi Women’s Alpe 2.0 SingleLens Sunglasses||Plastic||5||4.3|
|7. Ray-Ban Junior RJ9035S Junior Wayfarer Square Sunglasses||Plastic||2||4.2|
|8. Tifosi Wisp T Dual-Lens Sunglasses||Plastic||5||4.2|
|9. Ray-Ban Aviator Small Sunglasses||Metal||2||4.0|
|10. Ray-Ban Sunglasses – RB4115 / Frame: Matte Black Lens: Grey Green||Plastic||3||4.0|
|11. Ray-Ban Junior Kid’s RJ9506S Aviator Sunglasses||Metal||10||3.8|
|12. Ray Ban Junior RJ9052S Sunglasses||Plastic||1||3.8|
Features of Sunglasses for Small Faces
There are a number of features that need to be looked for to ensure that you obtain sunglasses that are suited to your face, and that they are capable of doing the job for which they are designed.
Not all sunglasses are created equal and you may find that sunglasses that you admire on someone else may not suit you.
When you have a small face, there are particular factors that need to be taken into account, such as:
- Overall width of the frames
- Width of each lens
- Length of the arms
- Height of lenses
- Temple pads
- Nose pads
Sunglasses that are suitable for small faces will have lenses that fall in a position that ensure that they can be looked through directly, rather than through the periphery.
Take note of the measurements of pupillary distance, which is the distance between the pupils. This will dictate where the lenses need to be to ensure that they are suitable.
Common Styles for Small Faces
These are some of the most common sunglass styles that people with small faces have the most luck with:
- Bold Frames
Steps to Finding the Right Sunglasses for You
- Seek a brand that is known for producing glasses that are designed for small faces. Similarly, brands that specifically note the dimensions of the glasses are more likely to recognize that scaled down versions are required.
- Consider sunglasses designed for juniors, which will often be smaller versions of adult glasses and will be more likely to fit smaller faces well without looking unusual.
- The width of the lenses is all important when considering sunglasses for small faces, as this will play a large part in how well the glasses suit you.
- The shape of the face also needs to be a consideration when buying glasses that will be suitable.
- The shape of the frames is important as it is not only necessary to consider the width of them but also the height.
- Check whether the sunglasses have any element of adjustability to make them fit more comfortably.
- Coloring of the hair and the skin is important when considering the color of the frames and the lenses whether you want a matching or a contrasting look.
- If you will require any accessories, such as a case and cloth to clean the lenses, them check whether these come with the sunglasses.
- If you require the lenses to be converted to take a prescription into account, check whether this service is offered, or if your optometrist will carry this out.
- Check the UV rating and whether they are capable of protecting the eyes from damaging rays.
- Try them on and look around in all directions to ensure that the lenses are large enough to protect your peripheral vision.
Top 4 Best Sunglasses for Small Faces Reviews
Bolle Copperhead are a unisex pair of sunglasses available in frames of tortoise shell or plain black that are made of nylon. This makes them light while still being hardwearing.
The rectangular shape of the sunglasses is not overly exaggerated, so they can suit small faces.
The lenses have an anti-reflective coating and they are also scratch resistant. They are also treated so that they do not get fogged up.
They comprise pads on the nose and at the temples for added comfort and to ensure that the frames will stay in place.
For those who require sunglasses suitable for outdoor activities, the Bolle Copperhead are the best sunglasses for small faces.
The Eye Love Polarized sunglasses have a lightweight frame that holds lenses capable of eliminating glare and preventing the damage that UV rays can cause.
The weight of them makes them comfortable to wear in a range of scenarios, including sports, as they remained in place well.The arms are slim, but they are still durable.
They have a stylish appearance that will remain looking good regardless of how fashion moves on as they resemble the classic Wayfarer style.
Available in brown or black, the lenses match the frames with the former being tortoise shell.
The Eye Love Polarized sunglasses offer a stylish way for someone with a small face to prevent eye damage.
The Suncloud Optics Star sunglasses have frames that are made from hardwearing nylon, but still remain light.
They are injection molded to create a string result to hold the polycarbonate lenses.
They are a number of options for both the frames and the lenses to allow for different combinations to suit many tastes.
They are small fitting and allows those that have small faces to benefit from the wrap around style, without them taking over the whole face.
They are impact resistant and come with a lifetime guarantee, which can help to alleviate any worry.
They comprise nose pads and temple tips to keep the glasses in place and ensure that they are useful for all conditions.
For an excellent pair of sunglasses that are capable of protecting the eyes from all UV rays, the Suncloud Optics Star fit the bill.
The Kate Spade New York Paxtonssunglasses are a high end looking pair that have rectangular frames.
There are a number of combinations of frame and lens colors, which makes it easier to find a version that suits your tastes.
The polarized lenses are 52mm wide and offer 100% UV protection.
Made of plastic, these sunglasses are durable enough to come with a one year’s warranty.
The arms are not stiff or loose, so there is no problem in putting them on or folding the arms back into place when they are to be stored.
For those who do not want to forgo style though they have a small face, the Kate Spade New York Paxtons are a great option.