12 Best Sunglasses for Round Face in 2017
So it’s summer and there you are, walking along and soaking up the sun. Everything feels perfect…until you realize you left your sunglasses at the last place you were at.
Now you need to buy a new pair of sunglasses. This could be fun, right? Well, maybe not. Suddenly you find yourself back in that horrible state, trying on a zillion different styles of sunglasses and not finding anything you’re happy with.
We’ve found the best sunglasses for round face shapes best so you don’t have to go through that conundrum again. Read on!
Table of Contents
- Top 12 Sunglasses for Round Faces Ultimate Table
- How to Find the Most Flattering Sunglasses for a Round Face
- How Can You Tell If You Have a Round Face?
- Sunglass Features for Those with a Round Face
- Wondering If You Should Buy Polarized Sunglasses?
- Top 5 Best Sunglasses for Round Face Reviews
Top 12 Sunglasses for Round Faces Ultimate Table
How to Find the Most Flattering Sunglasses for a Round Face
If you have a round face and you’ve been struggling to find something to suit you, have no fear! There are plenty of classic and cutting edge styles for both women and men that provide high quality protection and are super stylish.
The basic rule for round faces is: choose angular sunglasses to add structure to the rounded curves of your face. Angular or square type shapes will flatter a round face shape, whereas round or oval glasses will make your face look rounder.
How Can You Tell If You Have a Round Face?
Generally, if you have soft, non-angular features, a broader hairline, and your face is about the same width as it is high, you have a round face. The widest point of your face will be around your cheekbones.
However, it’s not always that simple; if your face is somewhat round, there still can be some variation in features and dimensions. For instance:
- Your Head Size – The bigger your head is, the bigger the frames can be. Oversized glasses work well on round-oval faces but are not recommended for very round faces or smaller heads.
- Long Faces – If your face is rounder but on the long side, choose frames that are wider to balance out your face proportions. Try glasses with frames that have a bit more width and bulk than what is typically recommended for round faces.
- Oval-Round Faces – If your face is soft and rounded but more oval than round, with high cheekbones but narrower forehead and jaw area, you’ll probably be able to get away with most styles of sunglasses.
Sunglass Features for Those with a Round Face
If you have a round face, you’ll want to hone in on three basic lens shapes: cat eye, square frames, and wayfarer. Cat eye and square frames usually make you have a bit of a retro look, and wayfarers are reminiscent of 80’s teen movies!
Here’s what else to keep an eye out for:
- Frame Structure – If you have a round face, you should choose glasses with width. The wider the glasses in comparison with the height, the less round your face is likely to appear.
Cat eye and hexagonal type shapes are super funky and work well for round faces and medium to small heads.
- Frame Sesign – Choose glasses with patterns and prints, including extra details around the top parts of the frames, which will pull the eye up off the cheeks and create more definition in the widest part of your face.
- Bridge Width – If you have a wider face but your eyes are closer together, the bridge of the sunglasses should be a bit shorter, around 15mm; If you have wider set eyes, look for a wider bridge.
Wondering If You Should Buy Polarized Sunglasses?
Polarized glasses have a special coating on them that reduces glare from horizontal UV rays, such as those that are reflected off the water. They are useful for people who spend a lot of time outdoors doing certain activities but do not necessarily add extra protection from UV radiation.
Here are the specs on polarized specs:
- What You Can See – If you’re wearing polarized lenses, it can be harder to see certain things such as LCD screens. Skiers and snowboarders should also be wary of polarized lenses because, while they reduce glare, they also make it difficult to distinguish snow from ice. Darker or mirrored lenses will likely be just as effective.
- Daily Activity – Water-related jobs or driving are the types of activities that are probably the most worth the investment of polarized sunglasses. It is not advised to use them if you are using heavy machinery or otherwise involved in jobs that require excellent vision.
- Eyestrain – If you are driving all day and facing high levels of glare off other vehicles, polarized lenses may help relieve eye fatigue.
Top 5 Best Sunglasses for Round Face Reviews
These pink mirrored cat eyes are probably the coolest sunglasses we’ve ever seen, let alone tried out. The thin gold frames and pink lenses give off a sleek, cool and feminine look—they make a bold statement in a minimalist way.
These gems come in a range of styles and colors, so be prepared to get funky; from gold/green to black/gray to black/blue, there’s really something for every person and every outfit in this collection. The modern, angular look of these Sojos make them an ideal choice for sun-lovers looking for a bold look.
The quality of these glasses is quite surprising, not only in materials but the way they make you look: the mirrored, colored lenses will brighten up even the dullest of skin tones.
Put these on, and you’ll transform into a beach babe in a matter of minutes!
Wayfarer sunglasses are a classic style that looks great on almost anyone. The wayfarer is a classic style that goes back to the 60’s and 80’s and has since made a resurgence. The wooden arms on this line of sunglasses give them a neat organic-yet-modern look.
Eye Love is a remarkable company because with every sale, they make a donation to someone in need.
These glasses have polarized lenses which make them ideal for driving and sports. They also offer excellent UVA and UVB protection. We love that they come with a hard case, cleaning cloth, repair kit and E-book.
These super flattering, unisex sunglasses make a subtle statement; they’re perfect for those who want to keep a low profile and don’t like wearing anything too flashy. Plus, they’re quite lightweight and easy to wear through almost any type of activity.
Here’s a set of frames in one of the most classic shapes and patterns around. Tortoiseshell works well with most outfits, whether you’re dressed up or down, and whether you’re rocking a vintage or modern look. It also flatters most hair and skin tones.
The minimal thickness of these Eye Love designer frames offer just enough definition to the face without overpowering your fabulous features. And not only are these glasses designed well for style, they also will stay snugly on your face during a range of outdoor activities.
These frames come with a hard case and a soft case and are 100% guaranteed. The high-quality lenses look particularly flattering on hard-to-fit face shapes like round faces and small heads.
We think the tint of the lenses and the tortoiseshell frames would add a touch of mellow class to any beautiful summer day.
These metal-framed Feisedy glasses have a super unique shape and come in a variety of colors, both of which seem to emulate the trending style these days: part utilitarian, part minimalist, part retro, these will take you to the beach and beyond.
With a metal frame and mirrored lenses, these sunglasses are a simple, light option. Plus the 30-day money back guarantee makes them more tempting than many others. Put simply: they look great on anyone, and there’s no risk in buying them.
These glasses go well with anything from minimalist-80’s gear to vintage 60’s classic mod-type looks. And the shape accentuates almost any face type. The mirrored look adds a hint of mystery.
We especially love the pop of color that the pink/gold frames can add to a dull gray day. Pop them on once you get in the car for an instant pick me up!
If you’re on the hunt for a simple solution to finding the best sunglasses for round face shapes, nothing beats the quality and value of a classic pair of Ray-Bans. There’s a reason that this brand has lasted so long: they make everyone look good!
Iconic yet edgy, these sunglasses go the distance when it comes to both comfort and style. They’re super light and made with the highest quality material, plus you can find them in a range of colors, from subdued to bright.
The 52 mm lens width falls a little on the small side, which will certainly fit a range of face shapes, and may even be one of the best sunglass types for smaller, round faces. Choose a pair of Ray-Bans, and you’ll never have drama: only a cool, classic style to last through the ages.