12 Best Pregnancy Pillows in 2017
If you’re pregnant and tired of searching for ways to get comfortable in bed, you need to get yourself a pregnancy pillow. You’ll get instant relief for your aching back and heavy belly, and you’ll be able to stock up on much-needed rest before your baby arrives.
If you’re a first-time mother, you may be feeling overwhelmed with baby preparations. Luckily, we have put together a helpful guide to simplify your search for the best pregnancy pillow for your growing belly.
Read on to learn more about these life-changing pillows and read reviews of our top five recommendations.
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Pregnancy Pillows Ultimate Table
- How to Choose the Right Pregnancy Pillows for You
- Your Sleep Style
- Core Design Elements
- Extra Details
- Top 5 Best Pregnancy Pillow Reviews
Top 10 Pregnancy Pillows Ultimate Table
|1. hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge||Wedge||Washable memory foam||4.8|
|2. Queen Rose U Shaped Pregnancy Body Pillow||U||Cotton/poly||4.4|
|3. PharMeDoc Total Body Pillow||C||Cotton/poly||4.4|
|4. Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow||C||Polyester||4.3|
|5. Leachco Back ‘N Belly Contoured Body Pillow||U||Polyester||4.2|
|6. Meiz U Shaped Maternity/Pregnancy Body Pillow||U||Cotton||4.2|
|7. U Shaped-Premium Contoured Body Pregnancy Maternity Pillow||U||Polyester||4.2|
|8. Pregnancy Pillow, Full Body Maternity Pillow||U||Cotton/poly||4.1|
|9. PharMeDoc Full Body Pregnancy Pillow||C||Cotton||4.1|
|10. Boppy Slipcovered Body Pillow||C||Cotton||4.0|
|11. Leachco Snoogle Mini Compact Side Sleeper||C||Cotton/poly||3.9|
|12. Cozy Bump Pregnancy Pillows Are The Maternity Pillows||Bump||Pvc||3.7|
How to Choose the Right Pregnancy Pillows for You
Your quest to find the best pregnancy pillow for your needs will be quite easy once you know what to look for. In this section, we will cover different sleeping styles, the key design features of good quality pillows, and extra details that may seal the deal for you.
Your Sleep Style
Before you start studying the various brands and models on the market, think about the way you like to sleep. Your preferred sleeping position will make a huge difference in the features you should keep an eye out for.
- Belly Sleepers – If you sleep on your stomach, being pregnant can pose an incredible logistical challenge that can keep you from getting essential hours of shut-eye. The best type of pillow to offer you relief will have a concave area where you can literally insert your belly – think of it like a makeshift hole in your mattress!
- Side/Back Sleepers – If you typically sleep on your side or your back, you’ll be able to experiment with a larger range of ergonomic silhouettes. Models that feature a U-shape silhouette or a contoured interior offer multiple options you can experiment with. If you are really particular, look for a pillow that comes in sections, so that you can customize the perfect fit.
Core Design Elements
Good pregnancy pillows have specific features that make them high quality and worth your purchase. Here are some of the most important things to look for.
- Machine Washable – As you look for the best maternity pillow for your needs, think about whether you want to use it for nursing. If so, make sure to look for models with removable exterior linings that can be unzipped and tossed into the washing machine; this is also important if you plan to hold onto the pillow for multiple pregnancies or pass it on to others. Both cotton and polyester linings are ideal.
- Size and Shape – If you’re planning to use this pillow strictly for sleeping, you may want to look for the largest model you can find to support your entire body. However, if you’re sharing a relatively small bed or want to use the pillow while lounging on a chair or sofa, you may want to seek out a smaller, more portable model that doesn’t take up quite so much room.
In addition to the features described above, certain pillows come with additional details that make them super appealing.
Here is a sampling of extra details that you may want to consider. These may end up helping you decide which model to purchase.
- Colors and Patterns – If you have an eye for design, you may want to look for a pillow that comes in a color that matches the rest of your decor. Several brands offer an array of colors and cute designs that you can choose from, while others offer basic maternity shades like blue or white.
- Warranty – If you want to make sure that your pillow will last, or simply want to check that it’s a good fit for your growing belly, check to see if the model you’re interested in comes with a warranty. Some manufacturers have a lifetime warranty, while others offer 30-day options or less. Make sure you’re satisfied with the company’s policy before making your purchase.
Top 5 Best Pregnancy Pillow Reviews
Quite possibly the best pregnancy pillow on the market these days is this 2-sided model from hiccapop. Its thoughtful design allows you to use it multiple ways as your belly grows.
The pillow is crafted from two different types of foam. Once side is packed with plush memory foam that you can sink into when you’re craving something soft. The flip side features stiffer support foam to keep you propped up. All you need to do is flip the pillow over to adjust the level of support.
The support this pillow provides is helpful in reducing swelling all across your body by relieving tension carried in your back and belly. Whether you place the pillow beneath your stomach or behind your back, you’ll be doing your body a big favor that will show visible positive results.
This pillow features a layer of perforated foam at the surface; this allows for air circulation, keeping the pillow cool and comfortable, even on hot nights or when you’ve piled on the blankets.
The compact design of this pillow is a great bonus feature, as you’ll be able to take it from your bed to the sofa, and far beyond. It actually comes with a portable bag so you can take it everywhere you go.
With features like these, we guarantee you will love this model. In fact, we’re sure you’ll want to use it while nursing and beyond!
Queen Rose has the best body pillow for pregnancy that will carry you through your three trimesters. Its oversized silhouette will support the full length of your body, even when you are fully stretched out in a sleeping posture.
The U-shape of this pillow props up both sides of your body simultaneously, relieving tension in your back, belly, and limbs while you relax and sleep.
This pillow is great for nursing as well. The removable pillowcase is totally machine-washable and easily zips back on once clean.
Another great benefit of this pillow is its return policy. You have 30 days to ensure that the pillow works with the contours of your body and provides the level of support you desire.
Whether you’re newly pregnant, looking for a great nursing pillow, or even searching for a way to relieve a range of aches and pains when you’re no longer expecting, this pillow is a best bet.
If you’re looking for a pillow that has an array of health benefits, this Total Body Pillow from PharMeDoc is a great option for you.
This pillow features a C-shaped silhouette. It supports your head, back, hips, and limbs all at once while keeping you in alignment. It’s also great for alleviating aching muscles.
This particular model features a hypoallergenic pillowcase, which is a huge benefit for anybody who suffers from allergies and is sensitive to materials. It also provides much peace of mind when using the pillow for support while nursing your newborn.
Perhaps the best part about this pillow is that it’s covered by a manufacturer warranty. If anything happens to your pillow at any point after purchasing it, simply contact PharMeDoc for customer support.
This pillow is terrific for anyone who is looking for the best body pillow for sleeping, not just while you’re pregnant, but for a lifetime. Buy yours now and thank us later.
The Snoogle Total Body Pillow from Leachco is another solid option for people seeking full body support. It’s ideal for all stages of pregnancy and beyond.
This model features a U-shape silhouette that you can play around with. It has an elongated middle so that you can support both your stomach and your back at the same time. It also keeps your head properly supported so you can breathe deeply and stay free from the heartburn that can so often plague expectant moms at nighttime.
This pillow is also ideal for supporting your infant while breastfeeding. It has a removable pillowcase that you can pop in the washing machine every so often to keep it clean and sanitized.
If you’re looking for a pillow to relieve aches and pains throughout your body and allow you to sleep deeply, you can’t go wrong with the Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow.
The Back ‘N Belly Contoured Body Pillow made by Leachco is perfect for anybody who wants to have multiple sleeping options at their fingertips.
This model features an ergonomic interior silhouette. The hourglass curves hug your back and belly just so. If you find yourself wanting to change up the level of support while you’re sleeping, you simply need to turn from one side to the other. You won’t have to reposition the pillow the way you would with standard pillows.
This pillow keeps your hips aligned, which is more important than most people realize. Simply aligning the hips keeps your joints in a neutral resting position, and provides relief for all types of ailments, from gastric reflux to carpal tunnel syndrome.
If you’re searching for a flexible pillow that you can play around with endlessly as your body grows and changes, you will appreciate this design from Leachco. We guarantee you’ll find many ways to sleep comfortably throughout the length of your pregnancy.