12 Best Nipple Covers in 2017
What do you do when you have a dress or shirt that makes wearing a bra difficult to impossible?
Some tops and dresses are simply designed in a way that require you to either wear a bra with no back, or wear something as a bra that is so discreet that it won’t show through a particularly thin or clingy material.
In those cases, or when you simply prefer the idea of going braless, nipple covers can be an excellent choice for you, but if you’re unfamiliar with this type of clothing or are frankly overwhelmed with all the different types in the market, how do you know which are the best nipple covers to choose from?
To simplify matters for you, we’ve compiled a guide of the 12 very best covers available. You can choose any of these items with confidence it will serve you well!
Table of Contents
- Top 12 Nipple Covers Comparison Table
- Important Details
- Understanding Special Bonuses
- Top 5 Best Nipple Covers Reviews
- Final Thoughts
Top 12 Nipple Covers Comparison Table
|Design||Name||Self-Adhesive?||Special Bonuses||Rating (1-5)|
|1. Daisies Reusable Nipple Cover Pasties Bra No Show Petals #1 Breast Petals||Yes||Reusable, waterproof, travel case, hypoallergenic||4.6|
|2. Bezi Bra Discs Nipple Concealers Blush||No||Reusable, curving slits around the edge||4.6|
|3. Nippies Skin Reusable Thin Silicone Nipple Cover Pasties||Yes||Reusable, matte finish, travel case||4.5|
|4. Organic Bamboo Nursing Pads||No||Reusable, nursing pads, hypoallergenic, absorbent for leak protection, waterproof, laundry bag||4.4|
|5. Hollywood Fashion Silicone Cover Ups Reusable Nipple Concealers 1 Pair||Yes||Reusable up to 25 times, hypoallergenic, case||4.3|
|6. Petal Tops Disposable Style 1140||Yes||Disposable, waterproof, soft absorbent center||4.3|
|7. Pasties Womens Reusable Silicone Nipple Covers Set by Pinky Petals||Yes||Reusable up to 60 times, waterproof||4.0|
|8. Tidetell Thin Pasties – Reusable Adhesive Silicone Nipple Skin Covers||Yes||Reusable, hypoallergenic, waterproof, matte finish, storage box||4.0|
|9. Imixshopcs Adhesive Silicone Nipple Cover Breast Pads||Yes||Reusable, waterproof||4.0|
|10. NuBra Women’s Feather Lite Bra||Yes||Reusable, push-up, storage box||4.0|
|11. Senchanting Multi-shaped Reusable Adhesive Silicone Nipple Cover Breast Pads||Yes||Reusable, hypoallergenic, waterproof, storage bag||3.9|
|12. Tidetell Strapless Self Adhesive Silicone Invisible Push-up Bra||Yes||Reusable, push-up,||3.8|
As you browse through the covers, although these are 12 of the best nipple covers out there, there are still a couple details you should keep in mind as you search so you can find the absolute best nipple cover for you out of the options.
- Material – You need to keep any allergies or skin sensitivities you have in mind while you’re searching. Also, keep in mind if you prefer covers to be on the softer side or to have a firmer feel.
It’s important that you feel comfortable with the materials used to make the cover! You don’t want to purchase it only to leave it collecting dust in your closet because you don’t like how it feels.
- Self-Adhesive – Another thing to pay attention to is whether or not the cover is self-adhesive. Consider your future plans. What do you anticipate wearing the nipple covers with?
If you simply want extra padding under your bras, you’re likely fine with a cover that doesn’t stick to you. Similarly, if you plan on wearing a tight dress or top you may be comfortable without an adhesive since your clothing can hold the covers in place.
However, if you plan on wearing looser clothing, no bra, or you plan on moving a great deal while wearing the cover it likely would be better if you stuck with getting a self-adhesive cover to avoid the cover slipping.
- Special Bonuses – Another thing to consider is the bonuses that are special about the covers. Bonuses are especially important to pay attention to as they can help you choose a cover that is particularly suited to meet your unique needs and desires. As this can be a wide range of added advantages, we’ll cover the topic thoroughly for you below.
Understanding Special Bonuses
As you can likely imagine, there are a wide range of added bonuses that potentially come with the different covers you can choose from. Here’s a list of several bonuses to keep your eyes open for.
- Waterproof – Do you care if the nipple covers are waterproof? Consider what type you’re planning on getting, as well as what you plan on doing while you’re wearing them. If you want to swim with them, obviously, waterproof would be a good choice for you.
However, you still may want to consider getting waterproof ones even if you plan to stay dry, particularly if you’re getting self-adhesive ones to wear without a bra. If you happen to be wearing them and get caught in the rain, you don’t want them to start slipping.
- Case or Bag – Covers that come with either a case or a bag is quite helpful, particularly for the self-adhesive type of cover. If you leave self-adhesive covers sitting out without protection the sticky side of them can attract dust and hair (not fun!).
A case or bag can protect the covers from getting dirty, as well as help keep them together and be easier to find when you need them.
- Reusable or Disposable – Also, consider whether you want to keep your nipple covers or get rid of them. If you plan to wear them a lot, obviously you’ll save money if you get reusable covers.
However, if you only plan on wearing them every now and then and don’t like the idea of adding work to your schedule by having to clean them, you may want to just get disposable ones to save you the hassle of their care.
Disposable is also nice if you’ve never worn nipple covers before, it can help you see if you like them enough to buy reusable ones that may be a bit more expensive.
- Leak protection – If you are currently nursing or if you’ve been nursing recently it can be helpful to have nipple covers that offer leak protection.
- Hypoallergenic – If you have particularly sensitive skin it would be a good idea for you to look for nipple covers that advertise being hypoallergenic.
- Push-up – Push-up may not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think of types of nipple covers, but they’re available! If you prefer push-up bras then a push-up nipple cover would be a great option for you.
- Matte Finish – Matte nipple covers are helpful particularly if you plan on wearing the covers with thin dresses or tops. If the covers are matte, light won’t reflect off them as easily, making them more difficult to see.
We found some great nipple cover choices! Here are our five favorites that we know would serve you well.
Top 5 Best Nipple Covers Reviews
These are definitely some of the best nipple covers on our list! They’re a bit larger than many nipple covers, giving the user the feeling of a tad bit more “support” and coverage than the average nipple cover. They are self-adhesive, reusable, waterproof, and they come with a protective case.
They are made out of silicone and are hypoallergenic, making them a safe option even for those with sensitive skin.
They are high quality and an excellent choice whether you want to go braless or simply desire extra coverage under another bra.
These petals are easy to clean, easy to apply, and easy to forget you even have them on! They provide a comfortable safe way to give you the coverage you desire. Highly recommended!
This next choice is still an excellent option although quite different from our first choice. This nipple cover is not self-adhesive. However, it is reusable and has curving slits around the edges for an excellent fit that won’t slide around.
It is made out of foam, so it should fit quite comfortably against your skin as long as you don’t have a sensitivity to foam. These are an excellent choice for wearing under bras or under tight fitting tops or dresses.
These are also easy to clean. Just swish with a bit of warm water and gentle soap and let them air dry. These do not come with a case, but for them it’s not as big of a deal since they aren’t self-adhesive and won’t attract dust as easily. Another great buy!
These covers would be another very satisfactory purchase.
They are a self-adhesive, reusable silicone type with a unique matte finish. They blend in with your skin without making any odd bumps or noticeable wrinkles under your clothing. They also come with a case so no need to worry about dust or hair sticking to them!
They are very comfortable and provide the coverage you need to go braless with confidence. These are especially great for travel! If you have a long flight and don’t want the discomfort of wearing a bra for so long when you’re trying to sleep or just sit comfortably, these covers would be an easy way to give you the relief you’re looking for.
This option is the most unique on our list as it is a nipple cover specifically for nursing women. If you’re nursing now or will be nursing soon, we would highly recommend these! They are waterproof and highly absorbent. They are reusable and come with a laundry bag for easy washing.
They are hypoallergenic and made from very soft and durable bamboo cloth. These are not self-adhesive, but once you have them in place in your bra they shouldn’t give you any problems with sliding around. They are smooth and thin so they don’t feel like extra bulk in your bra while they still offer the protection you’re looking for.
Last but not least, these covers are another excellent buy anyone would be satisfied to own. They are self-adhesive silicone and hypoallergenic.
The covers fit so well to your skin that even with thin tops or dresses you could wear these without a bra and still have good coverage. They are thin enough to not add bulk under your clothes while not being so thin as to be see through. These are reusable, however after about 25 uses you’ll need to replace them.
These covers come with a case for easy storage and simpler traveling. They will serve you well!
As you can see, there are plenty of nipple covers to choose from! But don’t let the amount of options scare you. Go through the guide as you consider what your needs are for an easy shopping process.
Remember in particular to keep in mind whether you want the covers to be reusable or disposable, and whether you want self-adhesive ones or not as those are two of the biggest deciding factors.