12 Best Motorcycle Jackets in 2017
However, this does not mean that it cannot also look good, so there are a number of aspects to consider.
Finding the best motorcycle jacket for your needs is easier to achieve if you know what to look for, which you will be able to achieve with a few pointers.
Table of Contents
- Top 12 Motorcycle Jackets Comparison Chart
- How to Find the Best Motorcycle Jacket
- How to Find the Right Motorcycle Jacket
- Top 4 Motorcycle Jackets Reviews
Top 12 Motorcycle Jackets Comparison Chart
|Design||Name||Size Range||Colors||Rating (1-5)|
|1. Viking Cycle Ironborn Motorcycle Textile Jacket (Black-2XL)||S – 3XL||Yes||4.7|
|2. Joe Rocket Atomic 4.0 Men’s Riding Jacket (Black, Medium)||S – XXXXXL||Yes||4.5|
|3. Viking Cycle Warlock Motorcycle Mesh Jacket||S – 3XL||Yes||4.5|
|4. MILWAUKEE LEATHER Men’s Classic Side Lace Police Style Motorcycle Jacket||XS – XXXL||No – Black||4.4|
|5. Pilot Men’s Direct Air Mesh Motorcycle Jacket||XS – XXXXL||Yes||4.4|
|6. IDARBI Mens Leather Look Motorcycle Rider Bomber Jacket||S – XXL||Yes||4.2|
|7. IDARBI Men’s Premium Pu Leather Motorcycle Bomber Jacket with Detachable Hood||S – XXL||Yes||4.1|
|8. LL Womens Hooded Faux leather Jacket||XS – 1XPlus||Yes||4.0|
|9. Chouyatou Men’s Vintage Stand Collar Pu Leather Jacket||XS – XL||Yes||40|
|10. TRACK MOTORCYCLE BIKER ARMOR LEATHER JACKET BLACK L||S – XXL||No – Black||3.9|
|11. Milano Sport Gamma Men’s Motorcycle Jacket||S – XXXL||Yes||3.9|
|12. PRO MESH MOTORCYCLE JACKET RAIN WATERPROOF WHITE L||S – XXL||No – White||3.7|
How to Find the Best Motorcycle Jacket
- Suitability – If you ride a motorcycle for a certain purpose, such as a courier, you need to determine whether the appearance of the motorcycle jacket is suitable for this use, such as color and style, especially if your employer has specific rules in respect of appearance.
- Color – The color should not just come down to what color you like, as there are also other factors to consider as this will determine. This can include whether you will need to wear reflective elements when riding at night. Whether it does with other clothing.
- Movement – You need to be able to move freely, so not only do you need to consider the size on the label and whether this will fit you, you will need to check aspects such as the sleeve length and whether the jacket can be fastened properly across your torso.
- Detailing – If the motorcycle jacket comprises ties on the zips, for example, consider whether these are long enough to constitute a hazard as they will get trapped in moving parts. As part of this consideration, it will also be necessary to check how many pockets it has, especially if you require these for storing items.
- Material – The material used to make the motorcycle jacket will be an important consideration as it will govern a range of qualities, such as whether the jacket is breathable, waterproof or sufficient to keep you warm whilst riding a motorcycle.
- Adjustable – A motorcycle jacket that can be adapted to your needs at any given time will make it a jacket that you can use more often than others and for different occasions.
How to Find the Right Motorcycle Jacket
If you are not sure of your true size, go to a store that has a measuring service available.
When trying on jackets, make sure you wear the same type of clothing that you would normally wear while motorcycling to get an idea of the true fit.
Sit down while wearing it to determine whether it rides up and if it remains comfortable.
Ensure there is enough room for movement of the shoulders and arms, but placing your hands as if holding the handle bars, but also by lifting your arms in the air.
Top 4 Motorcycle Jackets Reviews
The Viking Cycle Ironborn is a man’s biker jacket that is available in a range of different colors and sizes.
It is treated to make the outer shell waterproof, it is fully lined and it comprises strategic ventilation that makes it suitable for use in all weather conditions.
The jacket has an ergonomic design that makes the fit more suitable; in addition, it uses a 6-point Sure FitTM system that custom adjustments to be undertaken so that the fit is even better.
There are reflective strips incorporated into the design, which is useful for riding at night, and there are a number of pockets, so that it can be convenient to grab your mobile or sunglasses, when necessary.
The Viking Cycle Ironborn is the best motorcycle jacket as it offers style and convenience.
The Joe Rocket Atomic 4.0 motorcycle jacket is designed to keep a motorcyclist safe and comfortable.
It features C. E. approved armor that that can be accessed from outside the jacket, so it can be used as and when needed. It also includes full sleeve liners, which are insulated and can be removed.
The design of the jacket allows it to fit well to the body, and it is comfortable to wear. The comfort of the Joe Rocket Atomic 4.0 jacket is heightened due to it having vents that allow the air to flow freely.
The zippers are waterproof and there is also a storm flap to cover that which secures the main compartment.
The design uses a SureFit technique that ensures a good fit as it has 6 points of adjustment.
It comes in several different sizes and there are a number of different color accents.
The Joe Rocket Atomic 4.0 is a biker jacket has a range of features that will make it suitable for many motorcyclists.
The Viking Cycle Warlock Mesh is a stylish jacket that also has the benefit of having a range of features that make it safe.
It is shaped to fit to the torso, which makes it convenient for use while riding a motorcycle so it does not flap about in the wind. There are mesh panels in the arms, back and torso so that the air can flow through and stop the rider from getting too hot.
The shoulders and elbows comprises armored panels that are C. E. approved, and it also has a spine pad, so they offer effective protection if you come off the motorcycle.
There are a number of interior pockets as well as two outer ones, so there is a sufficient amount of space to store a range of goods.
The Viking Cycle Warlock Mesh has a range of features to make it suitable for all seasons.
The Milwaukee Classic Side Lace is a style of jacket that would appeal to those who like a traditional looking jacket.
The main zipper on the torso is off-center, which helps create the appearance of the type of jacket that you would expect to see on a biker in a movie. It also has a half belt at the waist, so it can be adjusted.
It is made from premium cowhide, so it has that telltale look and feel of good quality leather.
The full collar comprises studs of the same color as the zippers, and there are several side pockets that are secured by sippers or flaps.
The jacket is fully lined with thermal material that can be removed.
The Milwaukee Classic Side Lace jacket is perfect for those who want to create a classic look.