12 Best Lunch Bags for Adults in 2018
Not everyone wants to pack around a bulky cooler to work or school and the SpongeBob lunchbox is probably more suitable in the children’s lunchroom than an adult’s breakroom!
If you’re looking for an age-appropriate and lightweight way to pack your lunch, then we have some great suggestions for you below.
Lunch bags these days are far more innovative than the classic brown paper bags that many of us grew up with, so if would like to compare and contrast the best lunch bags for adults, have a look at the top 12 options in our table.
Top 12 Lunch Bags for Adults Chart
What to Look For
Depending on your needs, there are a few things that you should pay attention to as you compare and contrast lunch bags.
- Space – Containers usually take up more space, so make sure there’s enough room inside for yours if you usually pack your food in them.
- Be sure to factor in any drink containers, since they also take up more space.
- Exterior Pockets – Extra storage space outside of the main compartment is great for items that don’t need to be refrigerated. If you have your own ice packs, you’ll probably use them, but sometimes they can take up more space than ice packs that are designed specifically for the bag.
- Accessories – Some lunch bags comes with accessories (food trays, containers, matching thermoses, etc.), which can come in handy since they are designed to fit perfectly inside the bag.
- Compartments – If you’re worried about spills and leaks, look for a lunch bag that has divided compartments to help keep everything upright.
- How Long It Keeps Food Warm/Cold – Since some of you won’t have access to your lunch bag for quite a few hours, you should make sure that the bag you like is able to keep your food cold (or warm, based on what you pack) for long enough.
- Cleaning – One other feature you should pay attention to is how easy the bag is to clean. Neoprene and nylon are the most common materials, but due to the lining inside a bag like this, you should expect to spot-clean only (do not wash in the washing machine).
Top 4 Best Lunch Bags for Adults Reviews
This lunch bag isn’t the most fashionable option on our list, but it is one of the most functional!
It is made of a stain resistant nylon that is also waterproof and easy to clean. On the side, there are mesh storage pockets for dry, non-refrigerated items and inside it is lined with waterproof and leak proof EVA. It claims to keep beverages cold for 8 hours, so this would also function well as a drink cooler if you don’t feel like lugging around a plastic cooler all day.
It is actually quite large. We can see this being useful for those of you who need to pack a few days’ worth of lunches, a lunch for two or even a family outing. It’s versatile and well made, so if you’re in need of a something with plenty of room inside, we would highly recommend this one.
If you’re looking for a lunch bag that doesn’t look like a lunch bag, then the Built NY tote is just what you need.
It is a spacious, flat-bottomed bag that will expand to fit quite a few container sizes and they claim that it will keep food either warm or cold for up to four hours.
It is also machine washable; something that you can’t do with many of the other bags on our list!
The soft-grip handles make carrying the bag from place to place convenient and it has a handy zip closure on the top.
It isn’t quite as large as the previous bag, but it is still a great option if you have a few extra items you want to pack in and…we must admit that the colors are really cute!
Fashionable and functional are definitely two things we like to see in lunch bag.
The Everyday Supply Co lunch bag has plenty of space for food, snacks, drinks and plenty more.
We like that it is safe to put in the freezer, which makes it great during the warmer months when it’s hard to keep everything cool!
This will hold up to nine soda cans, just to give you an idea of the amount of space involved, and it is made of a sturdy nylon that s stain-resistant and easy to clean.
On the outside of the bag, there is a mesh panel on the side (great for storing bottles or thermoses) and a zipper pouch where you can store your utensils and napkins. Inside, the lid has a zippered mesh panel and the main compartment is large and spacious: perfect for oddly shaped containers that are hard to fit in other lunch bags.
Just like the Pwrxtreme Insulated Lunch Bag we discussed above, this is great if you need to pack several meals in or if your lunch bag doubles up as a picnic cooler every now and then.
It’s not fancy, but it does its job well!
Not only is the Fit & Fresh Ladies Downtown Insulated lunch bag cute and stylish, but it also has plenty of space for your favorite lunch items!
This sturdy bag rip-stop nylon bag has a zipper closure and comes with a custom ice pack. The lining is made of PEA (which is also free of PVC) and inside, it has a mesh pockets to help you keep small food items or utensils separate from everything else.
The opening of the bag is wide, which makes it easier to place everything inside without tipping it.
It also has a handy pocket on the front of the bag for you to store any other items you may need (napkins or towelettes, for example).
There are four other colors available if you didn’t like the one we featured in our table, so check them out to see which one matches your personal style!