12 Best Logger Boots in 2018
If you are shopping for logger boots, chances are you have a very strenuous job (whether that’s as an actual logger or other various outdoor work). It is probably outside in slippery conditions with many hazards to be encountered throughout your day. You don’t work without the proper protection for your head, hands, and other limbs, so why would you stop at your feet? A solid pair of logger boots is essential to performing jobs in high hazard outdoor environments.
Online you can find some of the best logger boots money can buy. However, where do you start? A good logger boot must be strong, durable, and have the necessary safety features for the job that is required of you; this means the boot may have an electricity-safe sole or a steel toe.
Since finding the right logger boot is so important, we’ve made a buying guide and put a list together of some of the highest rated logger boots for you.
Read on to find the perfect pair.
Top 12 Logger Boots Ultimate Table
|Design||Name||Steel Toe?||Height||Rating (1-5)|
|1. Harley-Davidson Men’s Elson Logger Boot||No||8.5 inches||4.7|
|2. Wolverine Men’s Buckeye EAA Safety-Toe EH 8″ Logger Work Boot||Yes||8 inches||4.6|
|3. Justin Original Work Boots Men’s Jmax Logger Work Boot||No||11 inches||4.5|
|4. Timberland PRO Men’s Rip Saw 9″ Waterproof Soft-Toe Work Boot||No||9 inches||4.5|
|5. Chippewa Men’s 9″ Waterproof Insulated Steel-Toe EH Logger Boot||Yes||9 inches||4.4|
|6. Georgia Boot Men’s Loggers G7313 Work Boot||Yes||8 inches||4.4|
|7. Carhartt Men’s CML8131 8 Inch Soft Toe Boot||No||8 inches||4.3|
|8. AdTec Men’s 9-Inch Logger Boot||No||9 inches||4.3|
|9. Timberland Pro Men’s Direct Attach 8″ Waterproof Workboot||No||8 inches||4.3|
|10. Skechers USA Men’s Cascades Logger Boot||No||5 inches||4.2|
|11. Men’s Carolina 8 inch 600 Grams Thinsulate Insulated Steel Toe Logger Boots Copper||Yes||8 inches||4.2|
|12. Chippewa Men’s 8″ Apache Leather Boot||No||8 inches||4.1|
Everything You Need to Know About Logger Boots
We’ve already established the importance of finding the right logger boots for your job. These boots need to help keep you safe but also be comfortable and long lasting. Here are some of the most important characteristics to look for when you are shopping for your next pair of logger boots:
- Safety Features – As a logger or anyone else who works outdoors in harsh conditions, safety should be paramount. Between rough terrain and falling hazards, every part of you should be protected, including your feet! When shopping for logger boots, try to find ones that have these safety features:
- Steel Toe – While this isn’t necessary for all types of outdoor work, it is necessary for most, especially logging. A steel toe keeps your fragile toes from being crushed by falling logs or from stubbing them on equipment.
- Oil and Slip Resistance – Being outside around machinery means that you are far more likely to come across slippery surfaces caused by motor oil or rain. The best logger boots are made with slip-resistant material to keep you from falling while on the job.
- Lacing – While it may seem inconsequential, lacing is a very important safety issue. Make sure the logger boots you choose have laces that can be secured, so they are not loose. Also, the laces should be made out of a material that prohibits them coming undone.
- Comfort – Second to safety, comfort should be your next consideration when searching for your new pair of logger boots. You will spend a lot of time in them, so they better be comfortable!
- Lining Materials – Comfort in a logger boot starts with the lining materials. They should be soft but durable so that they support your feet. If you work in cold climates, make sure to get a lining that will also keep your feet warm; this could include wool, flannel, or any fur or faux-fur.
- Waterproofing – For warmth and comfort you may also consider buying a logger boot that is waterproof. Any moisture on your feet throughout the day is not only uncomfortable but could also lead to blisters and in some cold environments even hypothermia! Because of this, we suggest buying boots that are made of Gore-Tex or leather that can be treated with waterproofing chemicals.
- Height – The height of the boot affects the style of your boot but also the amount of support that it gives you. Most logger boots will be at least six inches tall, but some are as high as eleven inches! In general, the taller the logger boot, the more supportive it is. However, some people find calf-high boots to be cumbersome and uncomfortable, so use your own discretion when choosing your pair.
As you can see, there is more than meets the eye when it comes to figuring out what the best logger boots for you may be. Now that you have the basics let’s look at some of the top-selling logger boots so we can help narrow your search.
Top 5 Best Logger Boots Reviews
Harley Davidson may be known fro their motorcycle gear, but they also make very high-quality logger boots. The Elson logger boot is a great fit for anyone who likes the tough style of Harley Davidson and needs a reliable logger boot.
- Oil and Slip Resistant – Safety, like we have mentioned, should be your number one priority when it comes to logger boots. This oil and slip resistant outsole of the Elson logger boot will ensure you always have a safe foothold on anything that comes your way.
- Cool Design – The classic black leather of Harley Davidson, as well as the silver eyelets, make for a sleek and dangerous look for those of you who like to dress with a little bit of an edge.
- Support and Comfort – These logger boots are 8.5 inches tall, which provides great ankle support. Also, the full-length cushion sock lining is soft on your skin and allows for a snug fit.
If you fancy yourself a “bad boy” or need a great pair of reliable logger boots, the Harley is our number one pick for you!
Wolverine is known for their top-quality work gear. The Buckeye Logger Boot is no exception. These tough and durable boots have many characteristics that put them so high on our list.
- Waterproof – Believe it or not, not all logger boots are waterproof. Luckily, Wolverine knows the importance of water resistance in outdoor work environments, and they built the Buckeye Boot with Gore-Tex, so you know it is completely waterproof!
- Oil and Slip Resistant – Between the water resistance and the oil and slip resistance, you will always feel secure in your footing if you are wearing the Buckeye Logger Work Boot.
- Electric-Safe – Another safety feature, electrical hazard resistance, that doesn’t come standard in all logger boots definitely comes standard in a work boot by Wolverine. You will always feel safe with these on your feet.
For a professional who works in the outdoors, safety and reliability can’t be compromised, which is why we highly recommend the Wolverines.
Justin Original is another company known for their high-quality logger work boots. They are handmade in the U.S. and are a great fit for anyone working in a dangerous outdoor industry. Here are some of the top characteristics of this high-performance logger boot:
- High Traction Tread – The deep traction patterns on the sole of the Jmax Logger Boot are arranged in a way that offers maximum traction on slick surfaces. Being sure-footed on the job is the first step in being safe at work!
- Rugged Leather – The durable leather construction protects your feet from puncture and other damage. It also ensures that your Jmax Boots will last through many years and conditions.
- Waterproof – Keeping your feet dry and warm is a comfort issue as well as a health issue. Justin Original’s Jmax Boot’s waterproof design will keep your feet in the perfect condition through the longest of days.
Although slightly pricier than some if its competitors, this is the perfect choice for anyone willing to invest in a high quality, long lasting logger boot.
Timberland is known for their high-quality boots, and their take on the logger boot is a perfect example of the ingenuity. Designed specifically for people who work outdoors in high hazard environments, the Ripsaw Logger Work Boot has all the traits of a great logger boot.
- Highly Protective – The Ripsaw Boot is equipped with Ever-Guard leather, which is abrasion resistant and on top of that, there is a puncture-resistant plate for underfoot protection.
- Anti-Fatigue Technology – The independent suspension system in the Ripsaw logger boot keeps weight off of vulnerable pressure points and returns the energy of your step back to the parts of your feet that need it the most.
- Waterproof – The Ever-Guard Leather is also waterproof, so your feet will stay dry and warm all day.
The Timberland Pro is one of the best logger boots on the market today when it comes to safety.
This logger boot from Chippewa is ready for anything that comes its way. With deep treads for traction and a 9-inch shaft from the arch, this logger boot is perfect for those of you who work outside.
- Steel Toe – The steel toe in this logger boot will keep your feet protected from falling debris and when walking through dangerous areas where you might hit your toes.
- Waterproof – Not only is the leather itself waterproof, but there is also a waterproof membrane that keeps moisture out and your feet dry and warm!
- Electrical Hazard Safe – As an added safety feature, Chippewa’s Logger Boot is rated as safe for electrical hazards. For many of you who work in the construction industry, this is a must.
The Chippewa, in our opinion, is one of the best boots on the market today!