12 Best Lightweight Strollers in 2017
When you’re on the go and pushing around a little one who is “on the grow” (i.e. getting bigger), the weight of both the stroller and your little one can make it difficult to get around.
Those of you who live in a big city or travel constantly know exactly what we mean!
To make this experience easier on your back and your shoulders, you will need a stroller that weighs less than (or extremely close to) 20 pounds. How do you find said stroller?
By using our guide!
Here, we will highlight the 12 best lightweight stroller models for you and provide you with detailed reviews of the top five products.
We have also checked the manufacturer’s official weight of each stroller and will list it for you in our table, so use the valuable info we provide to help you choose the right stroller for your needs and budget.
Table of Contents
- Top 12 Lightweight Strollers Comparison
- How to Choose a Lightweight Stroller
- Where You’ll Use the Stroller
- Top 5 Best Lightweight Stroller Reviews
Top 12 Lightweight Strollers Comparison
You can find some under budget, light weight strollers and its accessories on 4akid. They have a wide range of products and have been providing quality products at affordable prices since 2010. This website was started by a mother when she felt the need of providing everything in one place. Go, check them out.
How to Choose a Lightweight Stroller
Here are some tips to help you navigate your way through strollers in this category. As opposed to just shopping for a stroller in general, lightweight strollers have a few different features that set them apart from the mainstream products.
- Whom Are You Pushing? – Do you need a single stroller or double stroller?
Keep in mind that a stroller designed for two children will most likely weigh more than a stroller that is designed for just one passenger.
Those of you who need the stroller to accommodate a car seat should remember to check the brand of car seat it will accept and if there is an adapter available.
- Stroller Weight – The key to choosing the best lightweight stroller is understanding the weight range of strollers.
We mentioned earlier that a 20-pound stroller is, give or take, the best definition of “lightweight” when it comes to a product like this.
If you are traveling, we would recommend going even lower than that, and as you can see from our table, there are plenty of great options available.
- Features – The features available can make or break a stroller for some parents, especially those who already have experience with a variety of stroller brands.
Here are some of the most important features to pay attention to as you compare and contrast products:
- Handlebar Style and Height – Are there two separate handles or is it one continuous handlebar?
If you tend to steer with just one hand, we recommend you opt for one with a continuous handlebar: it is much easier to steer, and some strollers allow you to adjust the height.
If you don’t have a preference, then two separate handles are fine but can be inconvenient for some.
It’s nice when you can also adjust the height based on the height of the person pushing, so keep this in mind as you shop.
- Storage Space – How many pockets does it have and how many do you need? Are there cup holders for parents, cup holders for children, or cup holders for both?
If you plan to travel with the stroller, then it’s best to opt for maximum storage space. For everyday use, you can always arrange the contents accordingly and pack lighter when needed.
One thing we will say is that to render a product lighter in weight, sometimes manufacturers do away with all of the fancy features to leave you with the basics, so don’t expect something in this category to be filled with extras.
Where You’ll Use the Stroller
Here we would like to list a few of our favorite strollers by category.
- For Traveling – the ZOE Umbrella XL1 Single Stroller, the GB Pockit Stroller, or the Chicco Capri Lightweight Stroller are all excellent choices.
- For Everyday Use – Graco Snugrider Elite Stroller and Car Seat Carrier, Graco LiteRider Click Connect Stroller or Kolcraft Cloud Plus Lightweight Stroller would be great.
- For Jogging/Older Children – we recommend the Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller.
- For two children, the Graco RoomFor2 Click Connect Stand and Ride Stroller, Delta Children City Street LX Side by Side Stroller or the Joovy Caboose Ultralight Graphite Stroller are all great.
Top 5 Best Lightweight Stroller Reviews
If you have a newborn and you still haven’t decided what type of stroller you would like to purchase (there are so many!), this is the perfect solution for you.
Unlike traditional strollers, this is a lightweight frame that you attach the car seat to to bring baby along with you: hence the name “car seat carrier.” It is very lightweight and even has a basket underneath so you can store a diaper bag or other items.
Let’s take a look at the features.
- Adjustable handle bar
- Tray with 2 cup holders for adults
- Easy to collapse
- Storage basket
The frame is made with aluminum, keeping the overall weight low without compromising strength.
The only thing that limits this product to certain users is the fact that it is designed to be used with Graco car seats only – specifically the Graco Classic Connect and Click Connect Infant Car Seats. If you use another brand of car seat, it won’t fit.
If you are in need of a more traditional stroller for a baby or toddler, you’ll appreciate a product like this one from RECARO.
Here are the main features of this stroller.
- Fits children up to 50 pounds/44 inches tall
- Mesh peekaboo window
- Parent cup holder with mesh pocket
- 5-point safety harness adjustable to three different height positions
- All terrain wheels with full suspension system (smooth ride for your little one)
- Storage basket
- Sun canopy is UV-resistant and water-resistant
- Reclining seat
It is ideal for the summer months since it has two mesh panels on the side of the seat to keep your little one cool as they ride.
Parents find that it is very easy to open and close, and most importantly, it only weighs 13 pounds!
The Summer Infant 3D lite stroller is probably one of the most popular umbrella strollers on our list. It’s affordable, it only weighs 12 pounds (one pound less than the previous stroller, and the canopy comes in a variety of color choices.
- 5-point safety harness
- Large storage basket
- Rear storage pocket for other items (phone, keys, )
- Reclining seat
- Anti-shock front wheels
- Lockable rear wheels
This stroller is suitable for little ones six months/up to 50 pounds. The frame is made of aluminum (standard for most lightweight strollers).
Keep in mind that this stroller is designed with two separate handlebars, which makes it more difficult to maneuver with just one hand. We know some parents prefer a single handlebar for this very reason, so we wanted to mention it to you.
Some find that it can be a bit difficult to open (not as smooth as some of the other strollers out there), but overall, it is a budget-friendly option that meets the needs of most families –especially those who travel.
For a side-by-side stroller, we were pretty impressed with the weight because most will exceed 20 pounds: this one, on the other hand, weighs in at just 18.3 pounds! If you have two little ones to push around, this is probably the best lightweight stroller on our list.
Features you’ll love include,
- Each seat can hold little ones up to 35 pounds
- 5-point safety harness
- 360° shock absorbing, locking front wheels
- Parent cup holder
The features are basic but important, and Delta is safety conscious as a company. They test their products thoroughly, and all strollers are JPMA certified, and they exceed all ASTM and CPSC standards (different safety standards companies).
If you are shopping on a budget and if you’re in need for something that travels well, we highly recommend this stroller.
Joggers, this is the stroller you’ve been waiting for us to show you! While this does exceed the 20-pound limit we set for other strollers, you have to keep in mind that it is still one of the lightest strollers in its class, which is why we wanted to include it.
The top features of this stroller include,
- Seat can accommodate children up to 75 pounds
- Parent organizer pocket
- 2 cup holders
- All terrain, shock-absorbent wheels
- Extra large canopy
- Mesh storage pockets on the inside of the seat
- Reclining seats
- 5-point safety harness
- Peekaboo window
This seat is great if you want to get that jog in but have an older child who cannot stay alone at home, but you can also use it with a car seat if you have a younger baby. If that is the case, it is best to use this for off-road walking and not running since you should not run with babies that are so small.
This stroller is packed with useful features, which is one of the reasons why it costs so much more than the others do, but the great thing about it is that it will last you for quite a few growth stages.
Invest in a stroller like this now, and you will be able to use it for years to come.