12 Best Khaki Pants in 2017
Khaki pants are classic, practical and very versatile. You can wear them at the office, at your grandmother’s house for Thanksgiving dinner, or while out on a fancy date. They work for just about any occasion! All you have to do is dress the outfit up or down with different styles of shoes, accessories, and tops.
Both men and women can look fabulous in a good pair of khakis. How do you know which are the best khaki pants? The best khakis are ones that fit you in such a way as to flatter your body type, ones that are comfortable, and ones are high enough quality to last for a good long time.
We’ve found twelve pairs of khakis that would fill your khaki needs well. If you still aren’t which one to choose after scrolling through the list, continue reading for some additional tips when choosing khaki pants.
Top 12 Khaki Pants Comparison Chart
What Makes Certain Khaki Pants the Best?
Khakis are such a versatile type of pants!
Certain types of khakis are easy to wash and wear, while other types need more work, so here, we will break down the kakhi pant shopping process for you so you make sure that your purchase is worth while.
- Rise of the Khakis – Make sure to pay attention to the rise of khakis. There are low-rise, mid-rise, and high-rise cuts. Depending on your body type and preferences, different rises will look better on you than others.
If you aren’t sure which is best, try slipping out to a store near you some time to try on all three rises. You don’t need to purchase the pants you try on. Just use the time as a quick test to determine which type fits you best.
If you don’t have the time or desire to go out, check your closet! What type or rise do you have on your current pairs of pants? Do you like them? If you feel they’re too high, try for a lower rise. If they’re too low, go for a higher one. Play around with it. Don’t settle for what’s uncomfortable for you! Your dream pair of khakis is out there waiting for you.
- Styles – There are several different styles of khakis that are flattering in different ways for different body types. Rather than just going with the first pair of pants you see, check out the other style options. You want to get a pair of pants that will serve you well! To discover the best khakis for you, read on in the extended khaki type section below.
- Pockets – Pockets can make a bigger difference than you might think in how the khakis will fit you! If for example, the pockets in the back have flaps, they can make you look larger in the back of the pants area than you actually For some people that’s a good thing, for others, it’s not so good.
Keep in mind your body type as you search through the options.
Understanding Khaki Styles
There are so many styles of khakis available these days! Which ones do you prefer? If you aren’t sure, check out the list below to better understand the options.
- Pleated – Pleated khakis give the look of being ironed without the work. They can be a big time saver!
- Relaxed Fit – Khakis with a relaxed fit have straight legs that aren’t very form fitting. They can keep up with your busy lifestyle going from one place to another. They’re comfortable and adaptable to new situations and places.
- Slimming – Some plants have different slimming capabilities such as having a wide band to help control your stomach or having a hidden expandable waist to help you easily fit in the pants without straining.
- Scrubs – Did you know scrubs can come as khakis? They do! Khaki scrubs are an excellent choice since you can easily match all sorts of tops with their neutral color.
- Joggers – Joggers are pants with an elastic waist and cuffs, as well as slightly tapered legs. They’re comfortable, casual, and match just about anything.
- Bootcut – Bootcut khakis are a bit more form fitting than relaxed khakis, but still not as tight as skinny pants. They are form fitting throughout the upper part of your leg with a slight flare at the end of the pants.
- Skinny – Skinny pants are just that; skinny! They offer a very form fitting figure that flatters many body types.
- Slim Fit Tapered – Slim fit tapered pants are similar to relaxed ones but are a touch more form fitting, especially at the cuff area.
Top 5 Best Khaki Pants Reviews
Starting off with an excellent pair of women’s khaki pants, these pants have a relaxed fit with a bonus tummy control. They are perfect for any woman who’s a bit self-conscious about her mid-section and wants a pair of flattering khakis.
They have faux pockets in the front, no pockets at all in the back. They come in over ten colors so feel free to get more than one color! The pants are very comfortable and help to smooth out your body in a complimentary way.
The fabric is lightweight, and comfortable even in hot weather. They are also quite durable and hold up well when washed. They’re an excellent choice!
Moving on to an option for men, this pair of khaki pants is another of the best khaki pants options. The material it is made out of has a good weight to it. It’s not super heavy canvas denim, but it’s not super lightweight feeling either. The pair of pants is well made and holds up well in the wash.
Whether you’re headed out to a meeting with a coat and tie or headed out with some friends in a hoodie and t-shirt, these pants would work well for either outing! They are very versatile. They have both side and back pockets.
Adding to their versatility, the pants come three different colors: dark coffee, dark khaki, and field khaki (a lighter shade). You many want to consider purchasing all three options! They would be well worth the investment and should last you a good long time.
This next choice is an excellent pair of relaxed fit dress pants. They are a comfortable straight leg pair of pants that will fit you comfortably all day long. They are stain repellent, so no worries if you are prone to spilling things! They have both side and back pockets. They don’t require ironing and come in a variety of over five colors.
These will be your go-to pair of pants! They hold up well in the wash and look flattering on anyone who tries them on. They look professional and will serve you well at work and beyond!
This pair of khakis is for women. They have a relaxed fit that is flattering while not being clingy. They are safe to wash in the washing machine! They have pockets both on the front as well as the back. They come in over 15 different colors!
The pants are very low maintenance. Not only can you safely wash them, but when you pull them out of the washing machine there’s no need to worry about ironing them! They don’t wrinkle easily at all.
The waist comes up high enough to avoid the problem of a muffin-top, and it’s safe to bend over without you having to worry about showing too much in the back.
Unlike many women’s pants pockets, the pockets on these khakis are actually functional! You can hold your phone, wallet, keys, and other accessories all in your pockets without the need for a purse. Whether you want to hold all that in your pockets or not, it’s nice to have the option!
This last choice is another one that doesn’t need to be ironed. It’s for men, and it comes already pleated looking pressed and ready to wear. The pants have a hidden expandable waist, so no worries if you eat too much right before heading out! The pants are safely machine washable, and quite easy to care for.
The material is great quality, and the ten different colors the pants come in are tasteful and flattering. You may want to get several!
There are pockets in the front and the back.
One thing you should watch with these is that at times some fraying happens for customers at the bottom of each leg. It could, however, be that the pants are a tad too long for the customers experiencing fraying. Be sure they fit you correctly! It’s easy to hem them or to get them hemmed for not much at all if they happen to be too long for you.
Overall, the Hagger Work-To-Weekend No-Iron Pleat Khaki Pants are another excellent choice. They have served many people well and are sure to do the same for you!