12 Best Jeans for Apple Shape in 2017
Just as there are all sorts of shapes and sizes of people, there are also many different shapes and sizes of jeans. Some work well together, others not so much. No matter your shape, you can look beautiful and confident. If you don’t feel that way, it may be you need to look for a different type of jeans!
It can be difficult finding the best jeans for apple shape bodies because often jeans will be tighter around the abdomen, and the leg and bottom are too loose! How do you find a pair of jeans that hugs and smooths the right areas?
We’ve found twelve pairs of jeans that look awesome on apple shaped bodies! If you continue to read after the chart, you’ll find an explanation of things to look for when shopping for jeans on your own. Jean shopping can feel daunting, but it doesn’t have to stay that way!
Table of Contents
- Top 12 Jeans for Apple Shape Ultimate Table
- What Makes Certain Jeans the Best?
- Understanding Jean Styles
- Top 5 Best Jeans for Apple Shape Reviews
Top 12 Jeans for Apple Shape Ultimate Table
What Makes Certain Jeans the Best?
You certainly have plenty of jeans to choose from! How do you know which type is best for you? Should you just pick the first good looking one you see? The best way to pick the most flattering pair of jeans is to look at the different aspects of jeans in general. There are certain features that will either flatter your body or detract from your beauty. We’ve explained in the following section what will make you look your best!
- Rise of the Jeans – Make sure to pay attention to the rise of jeans. If you are apple shaped and you choose jeans that are low-rise, the result can be the “muffin top” look that is best avoided; this is when your middle area escapes and hangs over the waistband of the jeans.
If on the other hand, you choose high-rise jeans, it can end up drawing attention to your stomach and making it look larger.
It’s best to choose mid-rise jeans that sit right at your belly button, or right below it. This fit of jeans should help hold in your midsection without drawing extra attention to it.
- Styles – There are several different styles of jeans that are flattering in different ways for apple shape bodies. To discover the best jeans for apple shape bodies, read on in the extended jean type section below.
- Pockets – Let’s talk about pockets. Do they really change how jeans fit you that much? Absolutely! If you don’t believe me, try on some jeans with and without pockets. You’ll quickly see what I mean. Apple shape bodies tend to have flatter bottoms. If you want to help proportion your body out more, you can get pants with back pockets. Pockets with flaps are even better! They can help give the illusion of curves even if you’re flatter back there in reality.
Another thing to keep in mind is that flat front pockets can help hide some of the bulk from the abdomen area. Pockets are something to keep in mind!
Understanding Jean Styles
There are plenty of jean styles available in the market today! Which ones are best for apple shape bodies? The following types are some flattering choices to keep your eyes open for.
- Trouser Jeans – Have you ever heard of trouser jeans? This type has a wide waistband that is absolutely perfect for helping to contain the abdomen area. Another benefit of trouser jeans is that they often come in a dark wash, making them look acceptable for working in an office as well as for running out to see a movie with friends. They also have wider legs. The wider legs are a bit controversial, try them on to see what you think!
Some people say they are helpful in balancing a top-heavy figure. Others believe since apple shaped people often have slender legs they should get jeans that fit tighter to their legs.
Neither is right or wrong! It’s a preference. We think both trouser jeans, as well as slimmer fitting jeans, can look equally beautiful on apple shape people. Perhaps you should get several types!
- Skinny Jeans – Speaking of jeans that are more form fitting to the leg, keep skinny jeans in mind! These can be quite flattering for your thighs and hips. If you’re feeling self-conscious about your midsection, consider pairing skinny jeans with a pretty flowing tunic shirt. You’ll look awesome!
- Bootcut Jeans – Bootcut jeans are in between trouser and skinny jeans. These jeans help show off your hips while creating a smooth line all the way down your legs. They end with a slight flare at the bottom of the pants, helping give you a well-proportioned look from head to toe.
Top 5 Best Jeans for Apple Shape Reviews
These skinny jeans are comfortable, flattering, and hug all the right places. The mid-rise fit of the jeans is high enough to keep the dreaded muffin top from happening. The jeans are flexible with a great stretch while being more sturdy than a jegging.
They are slimming with enough coverage in the back not to give you problems showing too much when bending over. They have flat pockets in the front as well as the back. They also come in 3 different shades! They are machine washable for easy care. They close comfortably with a zip fly and a button.
All in all, these jeans are an excellent choice for anyone with an apple shape. They will flatter you and let you walk around in comfort all at the same time!
This is a great choice particularly for those who want the jeans to flatter their bottom in particular. The jeans have pockets both in the front and the back, and the back pockets are closed by flaps. The flaps help give the rear are greater size and volume.
The jeans are a bootcut style with a comfortable mid rise fit. They are machine washable and have a handy zipper closure.
The jeans have no problems with gapping in the back. They are super soft and have the perfect amount of stretch in them in all the right places. They are another great choice!
This next choice is made with a beautifully colored material! They are a lovely dark blue. The flair at the foot of the jeans is the perfect amount, and they are a good length.
The jeans are made for people with curves, so if you are between sizes, the smaller size will likely fit you the best. The design on the back pockets is flattering for your curves.
These jeans are also machine washable so no worries about needing to baby them. They’re durable and should last you a good long while!
If you want a pair of jeans with lots of natural looking color choices, this could be the best pick for you! They don’t come in any bright, unusual colors for jeans. They do, however, come in just about every “normal” jean color you can think of! Whether you want a pair of “soft clean white” jeans or a pair of “indigo devotion” jeans, they have both of those and more!
They are a mid-rise skinny jean with front and back flat pockets. They cover your backside modestly to keep you from having any difficulties bending over and showing too much.
The thickness of the jeans is perfect. They aren’t too heavy, but they also aren’t so thin that you feel you’re wearing yoga pants. They fall at your ankles without any uncomfortable bunching or strange riding-up problems.
They’ll flatter you and give you something comfortable to wear while you’re out and about. They’ll be your favorite pair of jeans in no time at all!
This last choice is from the PajamaJeans brand. Before we go any further, you should know they aren’t truly pajamas. No one is expecting you to wear jeans to bed! They are, however, as comfortable as pajamas. They are very soft and comfortable with a drawstring waist that ties on the inside of the pants.
The pants look exactly like regular jeans without the heaviness that can come with typical jeans.
This particular pair is petite, so if you have longer legs, it’d be best to choose a different style. The same brand does have plenty of different styles and fits! This one is a bootcut pair with flat pockets in the front and back.
It comes in black, indigo, and blue. If you have to go out and run some errands but hate the idea of having to put “going out clothes” on, these could be a lifesaver! You’ll feel like you’re still in your pajamas or “staying home clothes,” but to everyone else, you’ll look like you’re dressed to go shopping!