12 Best Insoles in 2018
If you have high arches, flat feet, spend hours on your feet at work, or simply want to make a pair of loose shoes fit you more snugly, a great pair of insoles can make a world of difference.
There is an enormous range of insoles available these days, so you might be struggling to find the right pair for your needs. To help simplify your shopping experience, we have combed the market and compiled a handy guide to help you learn more about the most reliable brands and models.
We even include reviews of the five best insoles around. Read on for more details and tips!
Top 12 Insoles Ultimate Table
How to Choose the Right Insoles for You
Finding the best insoles for your needs is a whole lot simpler once you know what to think about while you shop. In this section, we will describe the most important considerations to keep in mind, from the type of foot support you seek, to the shared features of good quality insoles, and small details that make certain brands stand out from the pack.
Your Foot Care Needs
Some of the best shoe inserts are perfect for a specific type of foot, but not so much for others. Before you start studying different insole models, make sure you have a clear idea of your foot structure and the type of support you want. Some examples are below.
- Arch Support – If you have a high instep, look for insoles that have a generous amount of arch support. Properly cushioning your arches will relieve a tremendous amount of tension and pain that otherwise builds up during the day.
- Orthotic Support – If you have flat feet, look for a pair of insoles that can provide you with structural support to counteract overpronation (the outward rolling of your feet – a common condition for people with low arches). You don’t have to shell out hundreds of dollars on custom orthotics to get the support you need.
- All-Over Cushioning – If you have hard, uncomfortable shoes or spend hours on your feet each day and simply want to add some softness to your soles, gel or glycerin cushioning can provide instant relief.
Core Design Elements
Good insoles have specific features that make them comfortable and effective. Here are some of the most important design elements to look for.
- Heel and Toe Support – Even though insoles vary in the amount of arch support they provide, all good quality models provide cushioning for the heel and ball of the foot. If you have a condition such as plantar fasciitis, you’ll need relief no matter what type of arch you have.
- Size and Width – Some models are designed with a wide foot in mind, while others have a normal to slim silhouette. If you have a broad sole, check that the insoles are cut Conversely, if you’re looking for insoles for narrower style shoes, such as men’s dress shoes or women’s pumps, pick insoles with a sleeker silhouette.
In addition to the above considerations, certain models have extra details that make them a great buy.
Here is a sampling of things to keep an eye out for. These may end up helping you find the best brand for your needs:
- Top Layer – If you plan to wear your insoles often, either while exercising or while out and about all day long, you might want to look for a pair with a breathable top layer to wick away moisture. Certain models even feature antibacterial coatings to keep microbes at bay.
- Return Policy / Warranty – If you want to test out your insoles before committing, check to make sure the insoles you choose can be returned. Some manufacturers offer a 30-day warranty, while others charge a return shipping fee. Make sure you are comfortable with the company’s policy before finalizing your purchase.
Top 5 Best Insoles Reviews
If you suffer from plantar fasciitis or any other common foot condition, we suggest you take a close look at the best insoles available – the Powerstep Pinnacle Premium Orthotic Shoe Insoles. These insoles are well constructed, durable, and offer a full spectrum of foot support without the hefty price tag of custom inserts.
These insoles feature a deep heel cradle that provides shock support all day long. The heel cup also provides an anchor of stability for the rest of the foot.
The Pinnacle’s semi-rigid shell provides the appropriate amount of support along the length of the foot. It provides plenty of arch support, along with soft cushioning thanks to a double layer of foam.
You don’t need to worry about wearing these insoles for hours on end, as they are topped with an anti-microbial fabric that banishes bacteria and odor, even while your working out.
The Powerstep insoles can be returned – you just pay for shipping – so there is no reason to not to try these insoles out for yourself. They are perfect for anybody who wants great quality all-around insoles for daily support and relief from a variety of ailments.
These insoles from Sof Sole are another great option for anyone without arch problems tied to either a high instep or flat feet. The neutral arch is a great fit for many people.
These insoles come with gel pads in the heel area, as well as the ball of the foot. You’ll feel comfortable all day long once you slip these into your shoes. They are ideal for runners and office warriors alike.
If you do end up slipping them into your sneakers to get extra cushioning during workouts, you don’t need to worry about friction or heat buildup. These insoles are treated with Hydrologix moisture management to help keep sweat to a minimum. Your feet will stay dry and healthy during even the most punishing workouts.
This is a solid pair of insoles for anybody who is looking to give their feet a comfort boost and plenty of support. We think you’ll be very satisfied with your purchase.
If you’re looking for a really supportive insole with a versatile fit, you’re going to love this model from Powerstep.
These insoles are super comfortable thanks to two layers of cushioning – they feel great whether you’re standing, walking, or running.
They also provide targeted heel support thanks to a specially designed heel cup. Those who suffer from pain in their heels will benefit tremendously from this feature.
Best of all, these insoles are thinner than most; this means they easily fit into a wide variety of shoes, from your best formal shoes to your athletic shoes.
These insoles are the perfect choice for anybody who wants a cushioning insole that they can wear with their entire shoe wardrobe. The slim design makes it easy for you to swap these insoles among your shoes and spend every day in comfort. Go ahead and try them – your feet will thank you.
The Green Heritage Insoles from Superfeet are another terrific option for people seeking new levels of support for high arches.
These insoles relieve all types of foot pain, whether it stems from your arches or your heels.
The sturdy design provides lots of support for your feet. Just make sure that your shoes are roomy enough to house these insoles, as they are heftier in construction than other models.
Superfeet insoles feature a natural NXT anti-bacteria coating, so you can wear them all the time without having to combat odor or grime.
Anyone who leads a green lifestyle will be pleased to know that these insoles are vegan and are also completely free from latex.
If you’re looking to go green or simply find superb levels of arch support, make sure you check this model out. They are a great buy for anybody with a high instep.
The Samurai Insoles Orthotics for Flat Feet are perfect for anybody who wants to banish pain and alignment issues without spending a fortune.
These insoles were designed by podiatrists to give the correct amount of arch support to those with a low instep. They also correct the overpronation or outward rotation of the foot, that tends to plague flat footed people. In other words – they do the same job as customized orthotic inserts for a much more affordable price.
These insoles come in an array of sizes that match the spectrum of shoe sizes; this guarantees a much more precise fit and less need for trial and error. They are also cut in a slim silhouette so that they will fit easily into multiple different shoe styles, from boots to ballet flats.
If you’re tired of shelling out money for custom orthotics or are looking for a pair of insoles with a less rigid construction and lots of versatility, go for this model from Samurai Insoles. You’ll be able to wear them every day, with every pair of shoes in your wardrobe.