12 Best Gifts for 9-Year-Old Boys in 2018
Shopping can for children can be difficult, especially in their younger years. The popular trends and toys change so quickly that it can be hard to decide what would make a great gift for your son, grandson, nephew, or little brother. It’s not easy to live your adult life and still keep up with all the trends in the world of “kid fun.”
Today we are going to examine the hottest trends and gifts for a very specific age group: 9-year-old boys; this can be an especially difficult age to buy for because their interests may be shifting quickly from month to month. That’s where we can help! With this top twelve list as well as our gift buying guide, you’ll be able to select the perfect gift in no time!
Here are some of the best gifts for 9-year-old boys in the online marketplace today.
Top 12 Gifts for 9 Year Old Boys Ultimate Table
|Design||Name||Gift Type||Power Usage||Rating (1-5)|
|1. Melissa & Doug Deluxe Solid-Wood Magic Set||Magic Set||None||4.6|
|2. Marky Sparky – Blast Pad Missile Launcher||Outdoor Recreation||None||4.5|
|3. Djubi Classic – the Coolest New Twist on the Game of Catch!||Recreation||None||4.5|
|4. K’NEX Education – Intro to Simple Machines: Gears Set||Science Engineering Kit||None||4.5|
|5. Melissa & Doug Smarty Pants 3rd Grade Card Set||Educational Card Game||None||4.5|
|6. Nerf N-Strike Elite Precision Target Set||Nerf Gun||None||4.5|
|7. Hamper Hoops by Wham-O||Recreation||None||4.5|
|8. Totally Gross: The Game of Science||Board Game||None||4.4|
|9. Boy Craft Catapult Wars Build and Battle Kit with 2 Catapults||Building Kit/Table Game||None||4.2|
|10. 4M Tin Can Robot||Robotics Kit||AA Batteries||4.1|
|11. Bangcool Mini RC Drone, 2.4G Mini UFO Quadcopter||Remote Control||AA Batteries||3.9|
|12. Blue Crystal Growing Kit||Science Experiment Kit||None||3.8|
How to Pick the Best Gifts for 9-Year-Old Boys
Now that you’ve seen our list of gift ideas, you may be even more confused as to what they really like. That’s OK! We know it’s difficult to keep up with all the fads of the day. Here are all the things you need to consider when purchasing your gift!
- What Are the Recipient’s Hobbies? – You don’t have to get too specific here, just think about the recipient’s personality in general to get an idea of what he may like as a gift. If he is very active, you may want to start in the sports or recreation categories. Maybe he is more of an inside child who loves to read, in which case a book or card game may be the perfect gift.
- What Is the Occasion of the Gift? – The occasion of the gift is very important. For example, if it is the child’s birthday, it may be appropriate to get him a “silly” gift or something he doesn’t really need but only wants. In contrast, if the boy is celebrating an academic achievement, a fun study-aid or academic quiz game may be the way to go!
- Final Category – After taking our first two points into account, it should be a lot easier to choose a final gift category. Here are a few examples of gift categories:
- Arts and Crafts – This is a broad category, but in general it is a gift that makes use of creativity and materials to create interesting projects, whether it is a painting or a game that kids can make themselves.
- Technology – For some this may mean video games, which is fine, but we also include remote control vehicles and science kits in this category.
- Sports – Sports in this sense can mean anything that gets your lucky gift recipient outside and active; this includes sports balls, skateboards, or any other toy that requires physical activity!
- Games – Great for family time, games can offer mentally stimulating fun for everyone! It could be a board game or even an educational card game!
- Parent’s Advice – Once you have your category narrowed down, we would also recommend double checking with the child’s parents if you’re not shopping for your own; this not only gives you the best idea of what he might want, but it also gives the parents a chance to “disqualify” certain gifts from being in the running at all. For instance, the parents may not want their son to play video games until he is in high school.
Best gifts for 9-year-old boy = ones that stimulate their mind and allow them to have fun at the same time. As long as you keep the recipient in mind, it’s hard to go wrong! We took a more in-depth peek at some of our top-rated gift ideas so that you could get a head start on your gift-buying. Check it out!
Top 5 Best Gifts for Nine Year Old Boy Reviews
For the aspiring magician in your family, this wooden magic set by one of the top children’s toy manufacturers, Melissa & Doug, is sure to be a hit. Inspire confidence and a sense of wonder with this magic show in a box. Here’s why this gift is number one on our list:
- Professional Tricks for Beginners – Even though this kit is designed for children, the well-known tricks in this magic set are made for professionals! You can watch as your child gains confidence while mastering these magic tricks! Here are a few out of the ten tricks that come with the kit:
- Disappearing Ball
- Secret Silks
- Great Escape
- Money Maker
- And many more!
- Other Benefits – The tricks in this Deluxe Magic Set will inspire confidence in your child as he learns them and performs the show for his friends and family! Not only that but the slight of hand required to perfect these illusions is great for building hand-eye coordination.
- Durability – The props in the Deluxe Magic Set are built to withstand hundreds of homemade magic shoes.
We’ve chosen this set as our number one recommendation because it not only instills confidence and brings about a sense of, but it is also super fun for boys in this age range!
If you’re looking for a great way to get a child to go outside and be active, this blast pad missile launcher is a great way to go. These high-flying foam rockets provide hours of fun, all powered by the kids themselves! Here’s why we think the Marky Sparky Blast Pad Missile Launcher is one of the best gifts for 9 year old boys.
- “Kid-Powered” Fun – The best part of this toy is that the kids get to have all the fun. It works by loading a foam rocket onto a 31” tall launch tube, and then it’s time for the fun! The kids can stomp in the launch box and send the rockets high into the air and chase after them! It’s a great way to get children running and enjoying the outdoors.
- Safe – This gift comes with three safe foam rockets that are harmless, even at such heights.
- Easy storage – All of the parts store neatly away in the box that the launcher comes in so there is minimal clean-up after a day of fun!
The Marky Sparky Blast Pad Missile Launcher is a great gift to inspire some adventure outside!
This gift is a brand new take on the classic game of “catch.” Djubi Classic uses launching hooks that double as catching nets to kick the action up a notch.
- How It Works – To launch a ball, simply hook the band into the launcher, pull back, aim, and release! The other player positions his net in front of the incoming ball, and the deep net makes catching a breeze. You can launch the balls up to 100 feet!
- Safety – The large nets make catching these soft projectiles easy, so you don’t have to worry about impact injuries.
- Benefits – This is a great game that focuses on cooperation, and any activity that gets kids outside is fine by us. Not only that, but it also encourages hand-eye coordination growth.
As you can probably tell, we love gifts that get children outside and active. If you feel the same way, then this year get the little boy in your life a set 3. Djubi Classic launch hooks.
We definitely could not have a top gifts list for a child of any age without some educational fun! The educational line form K’Nex introduces children to simple but important technological concepts, in this case, simple machines.
- Endless Design – This K’Nex gear set comes with 198 pieces. There are plans for seven real-world machines, and the pieces can be used to make sure hundreds of variations! Letting your child’s creativity go wild is a great way to keep them entertained and keep their brains limber. This introduction into gears is the way to go!
- Included Curriculum – If your child thrives on more structured play, the K’Nex gear set comes with a “comprehensive teacher’s guide” that allows for a full learning experience through experiments and building machines.
For the young scientist in your family, this gear set is an exciting way to introduce him to technology.
Lastly, we have another great educational gift from Melissa & Doug. The Smarty Pants Card set is 120 questions, puzzles, and games all geared towards learning!
- Fun Way to Learn – The fun packaging and hilarious games allow kids to learn without even knowing it.
- Activities Include – trivia quizzes, creative story-building games, fun facts, rebus puzzles, and problem-solving puzzles.
At the age of nine, keeping learning fun is very important, and while we do recommend this game for boys around age nine, just know that it might be too easy for the nine-year-old you’re shopping for.
If you want to give him a real challenge, then you might need to opt for another game on our list.