12 Best Front Pocket Wallets in 2017
Every minimalist appreciates a wallet that will keep everything simple and organized – minus the bulk.
Front pocket wallets are the perfect choice for anyone who is in need of a slim, compact and lightweight alternative to the standard super-sized wallets that we’re all used to carrying around, but which ones are worth actually worth the purchase?
There are so many styles and brands to choose from, so naturally, finding a good one requires a bit of research, which is exactly why you’ll find our guide to be so handy!
Who makes the best front pocket wallet? There were quite a few contenders for us to choose from, but by narrowing down the choices based on quality and construction, we came up with this list of our 12 favorite products.
Table of Contents
- Top 12 Front Pocket Wallets Ultimate Table
- The Initial Details
- Understand the Leathers
- Other Materials
- Top 4 Best Front Pocket Wallet Reviews
Top 12 Front Pocket Wallets Ultimate Table
The Initial Details
As you compare and contrast the wallets, here are a few initial details you can pay attention to in order to help you choose the best front pocket wallet for your needs.
- Shape – Some front pocket wallets are designed to mirror the shape of the pocket itself: they are round at the bottom and flat on the top.
Others are rectangular, which is fine if your pocket is deep enough or if you’ll be placing it in the pocket on the inside of your jacket, but if you get a rectangular wallet that slides up to the top and slightly out of the pocket, you risk losing it completely.
- RFID – Many of you hear the term RFID associated with wallets and purses, but do you really know how it protects you or if you even need it?
It stands for Radio Frequency Identification and wallets equipped with this technology are designed to prevent thieves from scanning your cards and ID with radio signals; however, the only card info they can steal is from a card that is actually RFID enabled. If you don’t have said card, you probably don’t even need to bother with this feature.
It certainly doesn’t hurt to purchase an RFID protection wallet, but not everyone needs it.
Understand the Leathers
There are plenty of different leathers to choose from out there. Do you know the difference between all of them?
- PU Leather – This stuff is fake and not very durable. Honestly, we wouldn’t waste our money on anything made of artificial leather. Steer clear of anything labeled as “leatherette,” too.
- Genuine Leather – This is real leather and therefore worth the purchase. While it may be the lowest quality of hide out there, but that doesn’t mean that it is bad. It just means higher quality materials are available.
- Top-Grain Leather – This is a step up from genuine leather. Sometimes leather manufacturers will work over or stamp these hides in order to eliminate or reduce the flaws, thus making it appear higher in quality. It is better than genuine leather but not as good as full grain.
- Full Grain Leather – This is the highest quality of leather there is. You’ll pay more for a wallet made of full grain leather, but you probably won’t be replacing it for a very long time.
Leather isn’t the only great wallet material out there and some of you don’t want leather, anyways.
Nylon is a sturdy material and you’ll notice that we’ve also included one made of re-purposed carbon fiber racing sails. It even floats!
We’ve tried to include a mixture of materials to help you find what you’re looking for, but head down to find out which are the best front pocket wallet options in the next section.
These four are definitely worth the investment.
Top 4 Best Front Pocket Wallet Reviews
The Protectif front pocket wallet is well made, affordable and appropriate for both men and women; three excellent reasons why it deserves to be in our top four.
It features RIFD protection to keep your RFID enabled cards safe, it is slim (ideal for slipping into any front pocket) and travel-friendly.
Measurements: 3” (H) x 4“ (W)
Number of Card Slots: 3
This also has an ID slot on the back of the wallet and we like that it has a zippered pouch to keep your bills from flying away.
This is, by far, one of the most popular wallets on our list, but we still have a few other ones to look at if it’s not quite your style!
This men’s wallet from Viosi is slim and stylish, making it a great choice for the businessperson who wants to avoid a big, bulky wallet.
This isn’t a billfold but rather a mix between a cardholder and a money clip.
Measurements: 3” (H) x 4“ (W)
Number of Card Slots: 5
The money clip uses two large magnets to help keep your cash locked firmly in place, but keep in mind that a magnet has limitations. If you tend to carry around thick wads of bills, it’s probably not going to hold them in place.
This is a rather unique wallet that is probably preferred by men, but we considered it a “unisex” wallet since women could easily use this without it looking too masculine.
What’s unique about it is that it is made from reclaimed carbon fiber racing sail cloth (that’s a mouthful), a highly durable material that will probably outlast you.
Measurements: 3.5” (H) x 4.5 “ (W)
Number of Card Slots: 4
This is a great sports wallet since it is designed to float on water (it was actually designed by surfers) and we liked the clear card slots so you can see what is inside each one.
The Herschel Supply wallet is great for minimalists and anyone who doesn’t like leather.
Inside, it has a mesh panel for your ID card along with main bill compartment and card slots.
Measurements: 3.5” (H) x 4.25 “ (W)
Number of Card Slots: 3
As you can see, it holds one less card than the previous wallet, but it is still functional and we like that this wallet is gender neutral. It’s perfect the minimalist guy or minimalist gal in need of a decent front pocket wallet.
The wallet that we featured in our table is made out of polyester, but they do offer it in leather for those of you interested. There are colors and patterns available for both men and women, so be sure to check them out!