12 Best Dresses to Wear to a Wedding in 2017
Your friend’s wedding is just around the corner, and you want to look your best in your evening gown. But there are so many options for you to choose from, so many shapes and lengths that you don’t have any idea which one to pick.
You’re in luck because this guide will tell you which are the best dresses to wear to a wedding that will make you look fabulous. Based on your body shape, you are more than likely to find a dress that will almost rival the bride’s in beauty.
Table of Contents
Top 12 Dresses to Wear to a Wedding Table
Formal Dress Types
Buying a dress is not as simple as entering a store, picking the first thing that we see and then exiting. No, there are different styles and shapes, all meant to compliment a certain body type. After you figure out your shape, here is what you can opt for:
- Body-Conscious – A dress style that is generally tight and conforms to the form of your own body, from bottom to top.
- Column – A silhouette that was also designed to fit the body. Unlike the body-conscious type, the column was made to have a narrow, straight shape.
- Sheath – This dress is similar to the column. Although it was also made to fit the body, it is just a bit freer flowing around the middle. It’s perfect for women who are rounder around the middle.
- A-Line – This dress is fitted at the bust and waist, but gradually starts flaring out from the hips, creating something similar to an “A” shape.
- Ball Gown – The type of dress you see in all princess movies, this formal dress style usually has a fitted bodice and a voluminous, full-length skirt starting from the waist or hips.
- Mermaid – This dress is a combination between body-conscious and A-line. It’s fitted from the bodice all the way through the hips and thighs, and then it starts flaring from just below the knees.
- Trumpet Gown – Similar to the mermaid, only that the flaring will start from the hips.
- Empire Gown – The skirt is similar to the A-line; the only difference is the waist line, which begins just under the bust.
Some dresses work on all body types while other dresses will suit a particular body type more. Ideally, you should pick a dress that fits larger on your bigger body parts or has the focus on your fortes. For example, if you have big hips, an A-Line dress will be able to cover the problem using the dress volume.
Now, when it comes to best dresses to wear to a wedding, you have all that it takes to make a perfect choice and look your best.
Top 4 Best Dresses to Wear to a Wedding Reviews
This is the kind of dress that will fit both slim and plus-size women like a glove. The dress is very flattering for every body shape, especially for pear shapes. It’s very comfortable, and your movements will not be restricted in any way.
The fabric is not only soft and comfortable, but it is also very durable. The main material is thick and hangs safely on your body, and it is also stretchy enough to fit your body snugly (you don’t have to worry that you won’t fit through all that wedding food).
The transparent lace fabric holds everything together, and it also offers a touch of style.
It won’t puncture or rupture easily, so you will have a dress that you can wear not only to that wedding but also for another special event coming after that.
This dress will offer a fresh aspect to anyone wearing it.
Flowers make everyone look youthful, regardless of their age, and the simple aspect is beautiful and extremely elegant.
The dress has a lining underneath it, so you will not have to worry about it being see-through. When combined with a petticoat, the dress will have an extra dash of wow and you will be able to impress anyone laying eyes on you.
This dress can be worn in both casual events and wedding parties. It’s simple enough not to stick out in a small event, but detailed enough to make you look fabulous at a cocktail party or a wedding.
The fabric and sewing are definitely high quality. The pattern was sewn, not printed, so you will not have to worry about fading.
This dress can act as both a beautiful wedding dress for the bride and a stylish dress for the guest – all depending on which color you choose.
The fabric is very comfortable, stretchy, and will still fit you perfectly even if you gain a few more pounds.
Sleeves can be worn long or short; the lace is stretchy enough so that it will not look bulky or weird, and the fabric will stay in place for the duration of the evening.
The dress will give off a vintage feeling, and you will look great in every picture.
This dress is perfect even for apple shapes as it will fit snuggly, but it won’t stretch in a way to make your tummy stand out. The attention will be brought to the top of the dress, the sleeves, where the shoulder is revealed through a floral pattern.
Those wanting to get a stylish Cleopatra look will definitely love this dress. The details are extremely exquisite, and while it may be a little heavy due to the sequins, it will be totally worth it.
The chiffon part of the dress is long enough to fit even tall frames. The sewing is also very sturdy, so you will not have to worry about the sequins coming off or the sewing coming undone.
It’s comfortable, so it will be a pleasure to wear it on various occasions.
The best dresses to wear to a wedding will generally differ based on your personal preferences. Still, once you have the right type of dress, you’ll be ready to rock that dress and dance until the break of dawn.