12 Best Cordless Vacuums in 2017
If you’re looking for a vacuum but hate getting tangled up in wires as you move around, going cordless will change everything! You’ll be able to vacuum freely and crisscross each room without a second thought. You’ll also be able to clean tucked-away nooks and crannies that might have been previously out of reach.
It’s important to do your research before purchasing any home vacuum. To facilitate your search, we have put together a comprehensive guide to help you identify what to look for while you’re assessing your options. We also review the five best cordless vacuums on the market these days to make your final purchase decision quick and painless.
Table of Contents
- Top 12 Cordless Vacuums Comparison Chart
- Everything You Need to Know to Find the Perfect Cordless Vacuum
- Key Design Features
- Extra Details
- Practical Considerations
- Top 5 Best Cordless Vacuum Reviews
Top 12 Cordless Vacuums Comparison Chart
Everything You Need to Know to Find the Perfect Cordless Vacuum
Finding the best cordless vacuum for your home or business is so much easier once you know what to keep in mind as you shop. Below, we will discuss a few of the most important design features to look for. We will also touch on the extra details that make certain brands stand out.
Key Design Features
Quality cordless vacuums share quite a few design components. Here are a few of the most important ones to seek out:
- Rotating Brushes – Most quality vacuums have a built-in rotating brush head that spins around at high speed. The brush bristles coax dirt and hair out of your carpet, even if they’ve been trampled all the way down to the base.
- Long Lasting Batteries – The key to a great cordless vacuum is a battery that will last long enough for you to cover your entire home without needing to recharge. Lithium-Ion batteries are particularly durable and can even last upwards of a year.
- Maneuverability – Cordless vacuums provide you with the freedom to move around your space with ease. Bonus points go to models that pivot around corners and have handles that can collapse to reach under furniture.
In addition to the key features described above, certain models have cool details that set them apart from the competition.
Here are a few examples of extra bells and whistles to keep an eye out for:
- LED Lights – Some vacuum heads are equipped with LED lights that illuminate your surfaces as you pass the vacuum back and forth. These lights help you spot debris so you can get your home extra clean.
- Attachments – A few brands include various nozzles that you can attach to your vacuum. These are great for accessing crevices and cleaning cumbersome areas such as staircases. Other brands include extra filters, so you can do double the amount of cleaning before spending money on a new filter.
The layout of your home or business can influence the type of vacuum you should purchase. Take heed of the following considerations before finalizing your choice.
- Weight – Certain models are much more lightweight than others. If you have multiple rooms or floors to clean and want to expend minimal effort, look for a model that weighs less than the competition.
- Storage – If you live in a small space or are low on closet room, seek out a slim silhouette that can tuck away into a corner or even under your sofa. These compact models are often just as powerful as their larger counterparts.
Top 5 Best Cordless Vacuum Reviews
Our vote for best cordless vacuum goes to the Dyson V8 Absolute Cord-free Vacuum. It’s no surprise that Dyson is one of the best-known and reputable brands on the market; these vacuums outperform and outlast much of the competition.
This cordless model is as effective and hassle-free as they come. The suction power is incredible – you can literally see dust and dirt being pulled into the mouth of the vacuum as you pass it back and forth. It’s especially reliable for sucking up pet hair that other models tend to leave behind.
The suction power is aided by a motorized cleaner head that helps the bristles dig deep down into your carpets to loosen caked in debris and grime. The brush bar in the Absolute model is actually 150% more powerful than Dyson’s previous V6 cordless model.
This cordless Dyson can be used for 40 minutes continuously on a single charge. That is more than enough time to clean huge swathes of your home without even switching off the vacuum!
If you’re looking for a long lasting, ultra-powerful vacuum to clean up after pets or messy kids (or adults!), this model is the best bet.
If you’re a fan of versatility, you will love this 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner from Anker. This vacuum actually contains both a hand vacuum and a stick vacuum in one incredibly useful appliance. It’s perfect for people in small apartments with limited storage space.
This vacuum has two settings that are appropriate for carpets and hardwood floors, respectively. If you turn on the stick vacuum setting, the built-in brush will rotate to penetrate deep into the fibers of your carpets. On the other hand, if you are cleaning a delicate hardwood floor, you can activate the hand vacuum setting and keep the brush from scratching your floorboards.
The battery life in this model is great – it will last for 24 minutes of continuous full-power use, or 60 minutes on EcoWear mode.
Anyone who appreciates a 2-for-1 deal will be won over by this useful appliance from Anker. Go on and give it a try – we think you’ll love it.
If you want a super low-maintenance vacuum that you don’t need to charge very often, your best bet is the Cordless Lithium Hand Vacuum Cleaner from BLACK + DECKER.
The Lithium-Ion battery in this cordless vacuum lasts a jaw-dropping 18 months. Once switched on, it uses up to 50% less energy than other models.
This vacuum is also very lightweight, making it a breeze to use. It has a rotating nozzle and strong suction that performs like other top brands. It also has a translucent canister for debris that can be easily removed and emptied.
Best of all, BLACK + DECKER offers a 2-year warranty on this vacuum. You can rest assured that if you have any issues with the battery or overall performance of the appliance, you can return it for a full refund.
If you’re tired of traditional upright vacuums and want a model that you can use at the flip of a switch, this vacuum will be absolutely perfect for you.
The Bissell AirRam Cordless Vacuum is a lightweight, yet powerful appliance that you will love to use. It is equipped with a 22V Lithium-Ion battery that delivers 30 minutes of power, which is plenty of time to vacuum your home on a single charge.
Thanks to its lightweight design, this vacuum is easy to maneuver. It has a brush roll that is suitable for many different surfaces, and a tremendous amount to of suction to pull dirt and dust from corners.
This vacuum has a handle that can be laid flat so that you can reach under low furniture. It also has swivel steering so you can access dirt and dust from any angle.
Perhaps the most unique feature of the Bissell AirRam is its built-in LED lights. These lights place a spotlight on dirt so you can easily target and remove it. They add a lot of clarity and – dare we say – fun – to an otherwise mundane task.
If these features sound appealing to you, go ahead and give this Bissell a try. We think you’ll love the experience and the results.
The Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner is another dependable option for anybody looking to free themselves of power cords forever. This vacuum features Hoover’s WindTunnel Technology, which enables you to penetrate down to the bottom of any carpet to remove old dust and dirt. You’ll be amazed at how clean your carpets will look!
This vacuum has a brush that can be activated for carpets and switched off for hardwood floors. You’ll never have to worry about scratching your floors inadvertently.
It also has a slim silhouette and a head that hugs the floor. It fits snugly under furniture and cabinets to remove pesky crumbs and dust bunnies even the most inaccessible places.
This Hoover has a Lithium-Ion battery and a display that monitors battery life as you vacuum.
If you’re looking for a slim vacuum to clean every nook and cranny of your apartment or home, go for this option. We’re sure you’ll love it.