12 Best Clothes Steamers in 2017
So, you’ve decided to go ahead and buy a clothes steamer. Maybe you’re wanting a way to get wrinkles out while you’re traveling, or maybe you’re just someone who absolutely hates to iron. Either way, a garment steamer is on your list to buy in the near future.
Before you make your purchase, you need to understand which are the best clothes steamer models and compare them side by side in order to see which one will suit your needs. You need to determine how large of a steamer you’ll need, how many extra “bells and whistles” are important to you and what exactly you’d like to use it for.
As you think through your preferences, we’ve put a list together for you of the 12 best clothes steamers. All you have to do is skim down the guide and pick out your favorite!
Top 12 Clothes Steamers Ultimate Table
As you look through the steamers, there are a few details you should keep in mind as you search so you can decide on the absolute best clothes steamer for you out of the options.
- Steam Time Per Filling – The steam time per filling of a steamer is quite important as it greatly affects how long it will take you to complete steaming the desired items as well as how much work it takes you to do it. Some steamers will steam for longer than an hour, while others won’t even make it to ten minutes of steaming.
If you only need to steam a shirt or two at a time, shorter steaming times would be your best choice since it would also mean the steamer would be lighter since it would hold less water. However, if you want to steam a great many things, choosing a steamer that holds more water and can steam for longer amounts of time would be a huge help to you.
- Special Bonuses – Different steamers come with different accessories. Depending on how often you steam clothing as well as what specifically you want to steam, you may or may not want certain attachments. We’ll go more into detail on attachments below.
- Size – Also, pay attention to the size of the steamer. You don’t want something that is too heavy or bulky for you to move around if you plan to steam things that are in different places (curtains in different rooms, for example).
Also, if you want to bring your steamer with you when you travel to take the wrinkles out of your clothes, you’ll need a steamer small enough to pack.
- Heating Time – Similar to steaming time per filling, the heating time also affects how long it’ll take you to complete all your steaming. If the steamer takes a long time to heat and it also needs refilled several times while you’re steaming, it would make the task take a great deal longer than if the steamer only required a short heating time. Make sure to choose wisely.
Understanding Special Bonuses
The added bonuses that come with steamers are some of the most important things that make them unique. Make sure to pay attention to what the steamers come with!
- Warranties – You are likely quite familiar with warranties. There are different types of warranties, but in general, a warranty is the product’s company’s promise that they will replace or fix the product if it gets damaged before a certain amount of time is over. Warranties are an excellent way to protect yourself once you’ve found a steamer you like.
- Garment Hangers – Garment hangers are very useful! They keep your clothing upright so you can steam it while they’re standing up.
- Fabric Brushes – An attachment to brush your clothing with as you steam them to help you get the wrinkles out faster.
- Carrying Pouch – A carrying pouch is quite useful if you plan to travel with your steamer. It’s especially nice if it has room in it to store away additional accessories for the steamer to make everything organized and easy to quickly access.
- Vertical Press Pad – Think of a vertical press pad as a standing ironing board. It’s helpful to hang your garments against it to have them perfectly steamed.
- Heat Resistant Gloves – Steam can get very hot! Heat resistant gloves are a wise way to protect yourself as you handle the steamer and your clothing.
- Telescopic Pole – This type of pole helps hold your clothing up high as you steam your garments. It’s especially useful for long dresses and suits!
- Crease Attachment – Just because you’re not using an iron does not mean you necessarily have to give up having creased clothing. If you desire to have creases, a crease attachment can meet your hopes in giving you the desired effect. It does take practice to learn how to do it so be sure to be patient with yourself as you learn!
- Lint Pad– A lint pad is just what it sounds like, a pad that removes lint. This is especially nice to have if you have clothes that attract lint or pill a lot.
We found some awesome clothes steamers! Here are our five favorites that we think you would enjoy taking a closer look at.
Top 5 Best Clothes Steamer Reviews
If you want a steamer, this is a wonderful choice! It offers an amazing one and a half hours of steaming time per filling, and it only takes two minutes to heat up in the beginning. It also has a three-year warranty in case you encounter any problems after purchasing it.
The purchase also includes an assembly wrench, making putting the steamer together quite simple. The machine is very quiet so you can steam the family’s clothes while the kids are napping without worrying about waking anyone up. It’s not a travel steamer as it would be too large to pack.
It’s very easy to use and makes clothes look like new! Very highly recommended!
Another excellent choice, this steamer has a steam time per filling of an entire hour. No worries of having to refill every ten minutes! It comes with a handy garment hanger and fabric brush to help you get your clothes looking their best.
The steamer heats up in a record time of 45 seconds!
It’s very easy to put together. And, it’s easy much easier to use than an iron! It’s too big to travel with, but for home steaming it is a worthwhile purchase. If your goal is to find a way to get wrinkles out of your clothing at home, this choice definitely fits your needs.
If you’re one of the people looking for a travel friendly steamer, look no further than this portable beauty! This steamer is not only small enough to pack, but they’ve made it easy for you by providing a carrying pouch for the machine.
It heats up in a quick 30 seconds and gives you eight minutes of steaming time after filling it up. Plenty of time to steam a couple items into looking their best!
And, if you have more than a couple items, the quick heat up time makes filling it up again hardly any bother at all. Whether you’re at home or out of town, this is an excellent choice specifically for those wanting to steam a small to moderate amount of clothes.
Also, it comes with a three year warranty!
This next choice is possibly the best garment steamer available for those of you in need of something that will hold your clothes up high for you while you steam them. It’s especially helpful for heavy or long garments!
It has an adjustable pole with a hanger with garment hooks so you can hang your clothes up while you’re steaming, and then lower the pole for easier storage.
This one offers a generous hour of steam time per filling, and heats up in a quick 60 seconds! It also has a tilt and roll ability similar to a rolling suitcase. This makes transporting the steamer much easier than if you had to pick it up and carry it around.
This is an excellent quality machine.
Another portable garment steamer, this little machine will give you fifteen minutes of steam time per filling. It heats up in under two minutes, making it easy for you to steam your way to being ready to run out the door quite quickly.
One of the bonuses it comes with is a vertical press pad, which is like a standing ironing board. The press pad is very useful! No need to drag out the ironing board!
It is a bit on the heavy side, so be sure you’re ok with a little bit of weight while you’re steaming your clothes. It doesn’t come with a carrying pouch for traveling, but it’s small enough that you could bring it if you have the room and don’t mind the weight of it.
This is another great choice.
Steamers are a great way to make your life a little bit easier and any one of these in our top five would make a great addition to your cleaning routine.
We’re confident choosing one of these options will give you a high quality way of taking wrinkles easily out of your clothes. You may even want to consider buying a larger one for home use and a smaller travel size one. Either way, buying a steamer is sure to be a worthwhile purchase.