12 Best Carry-On Luggage in 2017
With the hassle that can be created by the process of traveling grime place to another, it is often the case that the first time a traveler feels relaxed is when they reach their destination.
However, this great feeling can immediately be diminished if you have to wait for your luggage at the carousel. Not to mention the risk of it having been left behind or flown to the wrong destination.
To avoid this issue and to ensure you get the most out of your holiday, it is prudent to consider the best carry-on luggage so you can avoid waiting by the carousel.
Table of Contents
- Top 12 Carry-On Luggage Choices Overview
- How to Choose Your Ideal Carry-On Luggage
- Features of the Best Carry-On Luggage
- Top 4 Carry-On Luggage Reviews
Top 12 Carry-On Luggage Choices Overview
|1. Travelpro Maxlite 3 International Expandable Carry-On Spinner||Yes||EVA||4.7|
|2. Samsonite Silhouette Sphere 2 Softside 21 Inch Spinner||Yes||Nylon||4.7|
|3. Samsonite Luggage Winfield 2 Fashion HS Spinner 20||Yes||Polycarbonate||4.4|
|4. Kenneth Cole Reaction Out of Bounds 20″ 4 Wheel Upright||Yes||Abs/Hardware||4.3|
|5. Olympia 22 Inch 8 Pocket Rolling Duffel||Yes||Polyester||4.2|
|6. Rockland Luggage Melbourne 20 Inch Expandable Carry On||Yes||Abs||4.1|
|7. Rockland Luggage 2 Piece Set, Charcoal||Yes||Polyester||4.1|
|8. Travel Select Amsterdam Two Piece Carry-On Luggage Set||Yes||Polyester||4.1|
|9. Travel Select Amsterdam Two Piece Carry-On Luggage Set||Yes||Nylon||4.1|
|10. US Traveler Rio Two Piece Expandable Carry-On Luggage Set||Yes||Polyester||4.1|
|11. Rockland Luggage 19 Inch Expandable Spinner Carry On||Yes||Polyester||4.0|
|12. 5Cities Lightweight Hand Luggage Bag||Yes||EVA||3.4|
How to Choose Your Ideal Carry-On Luggage
The size of the carry-on luggage must be first consideration, as this will govern whether you are permitted to take it on the plane as carry-on luggage.
It must meet the airline’s requirements in terms of the dimensions, which will often be provided when you buy a ticket. If you are not sure, check the airline’s website or contact them.
Bear in mind that if you have connecting flights with a different airline, their rules relating to the size of carry-on luggage will also need to be checked.
Think about how you tend to carry the luggage. If you specifically require shoulder straps, for example, make sure that these are a feature.
Bear in mind that any bulky straps or accessories will be taken into account when the size is being considered, so ensure that these are tucked away as best as possible.
Features of the Best Carry-On Luggage
- Size – The dimensions of the best carry-on luggage must be checked before purchase to ensure that it meets the specifications of the airline being used. The length at which any telescopic handle can be pulled out will also be a factor as the user’s height will determine how comfortable it is to use.
- Adjustable – Luggage that can be adjusted can be appropriate for use in a range of different circumstances. For example, luggage that has an expandable style width will be able to have the size changed according to the length of the trip for which it is to be used. If it comprises shoulder straps, check whether these are adjustable to make them more suited to your size and make it easier to get the straps into your shoulders.
- Security – Security features that come as part of the luggage or included as accessories will be a welcome addition for travelers. Check whether it includes a secret section where your details can be noted in case it goes missing.
- Handles – The handles used by carry-on luggage can help make it easier to use. For example, if there are different handle options, such as, one on the side, one on the top and trolley style handle to allow it to be pulled.
- Versatility – The features that carry-on luggage can have can help to make it more versatile. For example, if it comprises handles on different sides, if can be carried in different manners. Carry-on luggage that includes removable compartments will allow it to be used in different scenarios.
Top 4 Carry-On Luggage Reviews
The Travelpro Maxlite3 is a wheeled trolley case style that measures 23.6” x 16 x 11”, so it is a size that allows it to be used as carry-on luggage.
It is made from EVA foam, which makes it lightweight and it is also durable. This is aided by skid guards and corner guards to protect against damage.
The design of the Travelpro Maxlite3 means it can be rolled upright and is easily maneuverable using the four wheels and the aluminum telescopic handle, which can be withdrawn to lengths of 38 and 42.5” to suit different heights.
It comes in four different colors: burgundy, blue, black and grey, so you can find one to suit you. It also comes with a limited lifetime warranty for extra peace of mind.
The Travelpro Maxlite3 is the best carry-on luggage for ease of fitting it into the overhead cabin.
The Samsonite Silhouette Sphere is a nylon trolley case that comprises four swivel wheels on the base that enables it to be rolled while upright.
The telescopic handle is operated by a simple push-button that allows it to be withdrawn and inserted as necessary.
It is fabric-lined for a protective interior and the exterior is made from nylon, which benefits from SamGuard protection that makes it water-resistant, so it can be used in all climates.
It comes in four muted colors that make it suitable for those going away on business.
The compartments are double zipped and there are handily placed external pockets.
The Samsonite Silhouette Sphere is a quality carry-on that can be used for travel for work or play.
The Samsonite Winfield is a hardside carry-on suitcase made from polycarbonate that is fabric-lined.
It is molded and the material is flexible enough to prevent damage that could arise from impact. This also provides for a stylish looking case that can stand out amongst others.
The interior benefits from organizational features, including pockets and straps, that make it simple to find a rightful place for your belongings while traveling.
The full zipper is complemented by a combination lock that is approved by the TSA, so it can keep the contents secure.
It is 20” x 13.5” x 9.5” in size and is light enough to be able to lift it into the overhead compartment.
The Samsonite Winfield is an excellent hardside piece of luggage that has the features that allow it to be used as a carry-on.
The Kenneth Cole Reaction Out of Bounds is a hardside carry-on case that is designed to be used as an upright trolley case. The multi-directional wheels are positioned at each of the four corners of the base, and the telescopic handle allows it to be moved without any strain on the arm or shoulder.
It is made from Abs, which is a strong material that allows it to offer effective protection to the contents. It also makes it easy to clean by simply wiping it down with a damp cloth.
The rounded corners are covered to give added protection against knocks and bangs.
The large capacity makes possible to fit a large number of items into the case. This is aided by an internal zipped pocket, which helps to keep items in place.
The Kenneth Cole Reaction Out of Bounds carry-on offers a practical way to travel.