12 Best Carpet Sweepers in 2017
If you’re a pet owner or simply love to keep your space spotless, a great carpet sweeper can be a lifesaver. It will save time and elbow grease, as you won’t have to lug around a cumbersome vacuum cleaner several times a week. It’s also a great solution for small-space dwellers who don’t have much storage capacity.
You might be asking yourself how to find the right model for your needs with minimal effort. Luckily for you, we have done the research for you and put together a helpful guide to break down the top products on the market. We also include reviews of the five best carpet sweepers to consider. Read on for more information!
Table of Contents
- Top 12 Carpet Sweeper Appliances Ultimate Table
- How to Choose a Carpet Sweeper for Your Needs
- Key Design Features
- Practical Considerations
- Extra Details
- Top 5 Best Carpet Sweeper Reviews
Top 12 Carpet Sweeper Appliances Ultimate Table
|Design||Name||Best Feature||Dimensions for Storage||Rating (1-5)|
|1. Fuller Brush 17052 Electrostatic Carpet Sweeper||Quiet, great at picking up pet hair||8.75 x 10.75 x 2.5 in||4.4|
|2. BISSELL Sturdy Sweep Sweeper||5 brushes||10.9 x 11.3 x 2.7 in||4.2|
|3. BISSELL Swift Sweep Sweeper||Self-cleaning brush roll||8 x 9.25 x 46 in||4.2|
|4. Swivel Cordless Floor and Carpet Sweeper||Deep cleaning (45 min battery life)||15.2 x 9 x 3 in||4.1|
|5. BISSELL Natural Sweep Dual Brush Sweeper||Made from 100% recycled plastic||4 x 11.8 x 12.8 in||4.0|
|6. OnTel Products SWSMAX Max Cordless Swivel Sweeper||4000 rpm brush rotation||13 x 7 x 4 in||4.0|
|7. Rubbermaid Commercial Executive Series Galvanized Steel Brushless Mechanical Carpet Sweeper||one-touch emptying doors||10.5 x 9.5 x 44 in||4.0|
|8. Fuller Brush Workhorse Commercial Carpet Sweeper||Durable metal casing||10.8 x 8.9 x 2.7 in||3.9|
|9. BISSELL 2101B Sweep-Up Sweeper||Great on carpets, tile, and wood||13.2 x 12 x 4 in||3.8|
|10. Shark 13″ Rechargeable Floor & Carpet Sweeper||2-speed motorized brush||5.5 x 17.8 x 13 in||3.7|
|11. Ewbank 525 Handy Floor and Carpet Sweeper||Wide 20cm sweeping path||3.5 x 15 x 9 in||3.7|
|12. Shark 10″ Rechargeable Floor and Carpet Sweeper||Swivel steering||10 x 9.9 x 43.8 in||3.8|
How to Choose a Carpet Sweeper for Your Needs
Finding the best carpet sweeper for your home is quite straightforward so long as you know what to evaluate as you shop. Below, we will take you through the most important design features to consider. We will also touch on the nice-to-have details that make certain brands stand out.
Key Design Features
There are a few key components that quality carpet sweepers have in common. Below are a few of the most important items to look for:
- Rotating Brushes – Good sweepers have a powerful rotating brush head that spins around to trap pet hair, dust bunnies, and debris. The brush bristles penetrate deep down into the fibers of your carpet and can be switched out with softer ones that clean harder surfaces without scratching.
- Durable Frame – To get your money’s worth from your appliance, look for a frame crafted from reinforced materials such as metal or a durable plastic. Since you’ll be pushing your sweeper back and forth and passing it underneath furniture, it’s likely to collide with the walls or your couch at least a few times. Strong materials will prevent long-lasting damage to the exterior of the appliance.
- Maneuverability – Carpet sweepers are cordless, meaning you will have a lot of mobility to get into tight corners and under furniture. Make sure to look for a model that works on both forward and backward passes to get the job done quickly.
The layout of your home can influence the type of vacuum you should purchase. Take heed of the following considerations before finalizing your choice.
- Compact Silhouette – Certain models have a narrower frame to allow for ultimate maneuverability. These silhouettes excel at accessing all kinds of nooks and crannies, as well as for sweeping difficult-to-negotiate stairs.
- Storage – If you live in a small space, should also keep an eye out for models with a slim frame, as these take up very little room when they aren’t in use. You’ll be able to store the slimmest models in a tiny closet, or if you don’t have closet space, tucked behind the couch or fridge.
In addition to the major design features outlined above, some carpet sweepers have extra design details that could be very important to you, based on your home and your vacuuming preferences.
Below are a few examples of features you might find interesting:
- Motorized Models – Some carpet sweepers are motorized, providing extra power and allowing you to save on elbow grease. Look for models with lasting battery power so that you don’t have to recharge too often.
- Weight – Some carpet sweepers are much more lightweight than others thanks to their fabrication and their size. If weight is a concern for you, seek a model that is light and ergonomic. Just keep in mind that the exterior casing may be a bit less durable than heavier models.
Top 5 Best Carpet Sweeper Reviews
Perhaps the best carpet sweeper on the market these days is the Electrostatic Carpet Sweeper from Fuller Brush. It’s the best bet for many reasons, from its performance to its construction.
This carpet sweeper is perfect for frequent use, whether you clean your place every day to keep your floors spotless, or if you have dogs or cats that shed copiously.
It features multiple rotating brushes with natural bristles, so you can seamlessly move from carpet to hardwood floors and back again. The brushes pick up everything from dust to glass and small objects.
This particular model is slim and lightweight, so it’s easy to store in small spaces. Speaking of small spaces, it excels at accessing tough corners and underneath low-slung furniture.
If you’re searching for an easy-to-use appliance that will work on every floor in your home, buy an Electrostatic Carpet Cleaner and enjoy the results. We bet you’ll want to retire your bulky vacuum for good!
The BISSELL Sturdy Sweep Sweeper is another fantastic option for anyone with both carpets and hard floors.
This appliance has multiple brushes that you can change out, depending on what surface you are cleaning. In addition to the main brush roll in the center of the frame, there are 4 brushes strategically located around the edges of the frame to maximize cleaning power. Its clip-on comb keeps these brushes clean and free of built-up debris.
You’ll make the most of every stroke, as this model works on both forward and backward passes. It’s great at sucking up crumbs, hair, and all kinds of dirt. The twin dust canisters are easy to empty.
This BISSELL model has a hardy steel fabrication, which is wrapped in rubber around the edges to protect your walls and the wooden legs of your furniture. It will easily withstand the kinds of bumps and knocks that invariably happen over years of vacuuming.
BISSELL makes another excellent carpet sweeper that is great for all types of cleaning.
This cordless model is motorless, and it is quiet enough to not disturb your neighbors or your pet.
It also features a rotating brush roll that efficiently snaps up all kinds of floor debris with a simple forward and backward pass. It is ideal for carpet as well as bare floors, making it perfect for frequent surface cleaning.
As with the above BISSELL model, this appliance has dual dustpans that easily open at the push of a button, as well as a steel case with rubber surrounding it to ensure maximum durability.
Best of all, this model comes with a one-year warranty, so you can rest assured that BISSELL will replace any damages that occur within the first 365 days of use. With customer service like that, there’s no reason not to hesitate in purchasing this appliance today.
The Swivel Cordless Floor and Carpet Sweeper is a reliable model that has a number of really great features that stand out from the competition.
To start, this carpet sweeper is different from many of the other models in this guide because it has a battery-charged motor. Once fully charged, the battery will run for 45 minutes, so you can use it many times over without having to recharge.
True to its name, this model has 360-degree swivel mobility for ultimate flexibility while cleaning. You’ll be able to get around corners and under furniture with no trouble at all.
This appliance also has a touchless dirt tray for easy release of stored debris into your garbage can.
If you’re looking to expend a minimal amount of elbow grease, give this appliance a try. The rechargeable battery and its charger are included, so you’ll be able to use it straight out of the box. What could be easier?
If you’re searching for a lightweight model that won’t weigh you down while you clean, you’ll love the Natural Sweep Dual Brush Sweeper from BISSELL.
The reason this appliance is so lightweight is that it’s crafted from 100% recycled plastic. It’s easy to push back and forth across all types of surfaces. You’ll watch hair, dust, and debris disappear into the waste canister with minimal effort on your end.
This model is a great match for people who are energy and waste-conscious. Each of its components is reusable, and the entire appliance is free from PVC.
Another great benefit of this appliance is its lifetime warranty. If any part of the sweeper gets damaged, BISSELL will repair or replace it free of charge.
Whether you are looking for a lightweight sweeper, an environmentally-conscious appliance, a long-term warranty, or all of the above, you really can’t go wrong with the Natural Sweep Dual Brush Sweeper from BISSELL.