12 Best Carpet Cleaners in 2018
If you have a carpet in your home or place of business, you need a strategy to keep it looking fresh and clean. Spills and stains are inevitable, especially if you have young children, pets, or a high volume of foot traffic. Fortunately, a great carpet cleaner can work wonders, penetrating deep into the fibers of any carpet to keep it looking brand new.
Finding the right model for your carpet requires some research. To assist you, we have put together a helpful guide to highlight the most essential features to keep in mind before you purchase. We include reviews of the five best carpet cleaner products on the market today.
Read on for more information!
Top 12 Carpet Cleaners Comparison Table
Everything You Need to Know to Find the Perfect Carpet Cleaner
Finding the best carpet cleaner for your needs is much less complicated once you know what to look for while you research. In this section, we will go over various things to keep in mind, including key design features, accessories, and practical considerations that make certain brands stand out.
Key Design Features
Effective carpet cleaners share quite a few core design components. Here are a few of the most important ones:
- Rotating Brushes – All high-quality models should feature rotating brush heads that spin around as the appliance is passed over the targeted area. These brushes loosen dirt and grime, even if it has been trampled deep into the recesses of your carpet.
- Removable Dual Tanks – Dual tanks are essential for dispensing the appropriate mix of water and cleaning solution into the fibers of your carpet, as well as sucking up the dirty remnants of this mixture as you clean the stained area. These tanks should be easy to remove and reinsert so that you can load more cleaning solution or empty the dirty tank without any hassle.
- Drying Jets – While not featured in all models, drying jets are a terrific bonus. They dispense streams of air to help your carpet dry as quickly as possible after being treated; this is especially helpful when you have kids, pets, or heavy foot traffic.
The design elements detailed above are crucial to the effectiveness of any carpet cleaner. Nonetheless, add-on features such as the ones below are nice to have and can often make the task at hand a whole lot easier.
- Attachments – If you have carpeted staircases or stains lurking in hard-to-reach areas, look for models with attachments for cleaning stairs and crevices. You’ll be able to clean these areas with more agility and less aggravation.
- Lint Collectors – A shocking amount of dust can lurk in the fibers of your carpet. A lint collector will trap dust and fiber particles in a contained compartment for easy disposal.
The layout of your home, apartment, or place of business can influence the type of appliance you should invest in. Consider the following before finalizing your choice.
- Portability – If you have large surface areas to clean, look for a model that is cordless or that has a long power cord; this will allow you to reach far and wide without having to switch sockets too frequently. Cordless options are also great for those who want to clean multiple homes or even cars with the same appliance.
- Storage – If you have a small apartment or are simply short on storage space, look for slim, compact models that don’t take up too much room. There are plenty that easily tuck away.
Top 5 Best Carpet Cleaner Reviews
If you’re short on space and are looking for a compact, yet highly effective carpet cleaner, you will fall in love with the Bissell Big Green Deep Cleaning Professional Grade Carpet Cleaner Machine. This model has so many amazing features that it wins our vote for the best carpet cleaner on the market today.
This appliance is small enough to tuck away into virtually any closet or corner. That said, it has sizable tanks so you can do a good amount of cleaning without having to constantly stop to refill the clean and dirty canisters.
This model also cleans like no other. It has powerful brushes which constantly rotate, whether you are passing the machine forward or backward. These brushes penetrate into the deepest crevices of your carpet to remove even the most caked-in smells and stains.
This carpet cleaner comes with an extended hose as well as a stain tool to help you access tricky areas of your carpet – think stairs and near the legs of your furniture. It also comes with Bissell’s carpet cleaning solution that makes stains pull a disappearing act.
If you’ve basically lost hope in removing longstanding stains from kids, pets, or even just years of normal use, give this model a try. We guarantee you’ll be blown away.
Another fantastic model on the market is Hoover’s Spotless Portable Carpet & Upholstery Spot Cleaner.
This carpet cleaner is great for large spaces, as its power cord extends up to 14 feet. You’ll be able to clean every inch of your larger carpets and even your stairs. It’s also lightweight, making it easy to move around with you as you tackle far-flung stains.
The suction on this appliance is impressive. It loosens dirt hidden deep down in the fibers of your carpet. When combined with the cleaning solution, stains will melt away easily.
To use this appliance, simply add water and cleaning solution where indicated, spray it onto the area of your carpet that you would like to target, and pass back and forth a few times. The machine will loosen any kind of stain easily and suck up any grime that has been pressed into your carpet.
This carpet cleaner is also easy to keep clean! The tanks are removable for easy maintenance, and the hose flushes itself after being used.
If you’re looking for a great all-around cleaner that will stand the test of time, this option from Hoover is a solid bet.
If you’re searching for an ergonomically designed carpet cleaner that will allow you to attack stains in comfort, look no further than the Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner.
This model has a unique set of roller brushes as well as powerful suction – two features that help it outperform many others on the market; this means that loose dirt and grime disappears with little effort – often with as little as one pass over the targeted area.
For serious stains, you can turn on the Super Boost Spray function; this will totally rejuvenate areas of your carpet that have suffered lots of wear and tear.
Another wonderful feature is the handle – you can adjust it as you see fit, and easily lock it into place so that you can clean at an angle that works best for you.
This model is a great buy for anybody who wants to make carpet cleaning both quick and painless. We couldn’t recommend it more.
If you’re searching for a carpet cleaner that can do it all, you’ll like this model from Hoover. It comes with an array of attachments to help you clean virtually every carpeted surface, from stairs to tight corners, to upholstery and more. These accessories come in a mesh storage bag for ease of organization.
This appliance has a number of great features, including a double tank that allows you to both scrub your carpet and rinse it with the push of a button. It also has a fully rotating scrubber that loosens dirt, as well as an automatic mixing system that dispenses the correct amount of cleaning solution and water for the job.
This model is easy to set up and maneuver. It’s a dream for anybody who is looking for a solid all-around model that can tackle all types of carpeted and upholstered surfaces.
This deep cleaner from Bissell is another solid carpet cleaner that will satisfy your needs. It comes equipped with 4 rows of rotating brushes to stir up dirt and dust hidden deep down in the fibers of your area rugs and carpets.
This carpet cleaner also dispenses hot water and carpet cleaning solution that combine to banish pesky stains and smudges with a simple pass of the appliance.
As with the other options above, this model features a dual tank – one for cleaning solution and another for the liquid that gets sucked back out of your carpet. Each canister can be easily filled and/or emptied.
It also comes with features such as a lint screen, a nozzle that can be attached as needed, and a measuring cup for cleaning formula.
If you’re looking to save money on professional carpet cleaning, rest assured that this appliance can do the job for a fraction of the price.