12 Best Car Wash Soaps in 2017
If you want to maintain your vehicle in excellent shape, washing it regularly plays a significant role in the equation.
Although it’s true that the easiest way to get the job done is by driving to the nearest automated car wash, you know that it isn’t the best way to care for your vehicle.
Alternatively, by washing your vehicle with the best car wash soap will produce consistent and excellent results. If that’s what you’re in search of, look no further. We have chosen 12 top products that fit into this category.
Table of Contents
- Top 12 Car Wash Soaps Comparison Chart
- Do’s and Don’ts with Washing Your Car
- What to Look for In a Car Wash Soap
- Top 4 Best Car Wash Soap Reviews
Top 12 Car Wash Soaps Comparison Chart
|1. Car Wash Soap and Conditioner Concentrate with Chenille Microfiber Wash Mitt||High||High||18 oz.||4.8|
|2. Meguiar’s G7164 Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner||High||High||64 oz.||4.7|
|3. Mothers 05664 California Gold Car Wash||High||Medium||64 oz.||4.7|
|4. Armor All 25464 Car Wash||High||Medium||64 oz.||4.7|
|5. Armor All 10346 Ultra Shine Wash and Wax||High||High||64 oz.||4.6|
|6. Turtle Wax T-79 Zip Wax Liquid Car Wash and Wax||High||Medium||64 oz.||4.6|
|7. Rain-X 5072084 Foaming Car Wash||High||Medium||100 oz.||4.6|
|8. Griot’s Garage 10866 Brilliant Finish Car Wash||High||High||64 oz.||4.5|
|9. Chemical Guys CWS_301 Citrus Wash and Gloss Concentrated Car Wash||High||Medium||4 oz., 16 oz. or gallon||4.5|
|10. Meguiar’s G10464 Deep Crystal Car Wash||High||Medium||64 oz.||4.5|
|11. 3M 39000 Car Wash Soap||Medium||Medium||16 oz.||4.3|
Do’s and Don’ts with Washing Your Car
What are the best practices you should embrace when it comes to washing your car, and which are the ones you should steer clear of? We’ll give a handful of hints.
- Use the best car wash soap designated for your vehicle. Products that are specially crafted for cars are meant to care for and maintain automotive paint while granting your vehicle a polished look.
- It’s best to use a distinct product to clean the car’s tires and wheels, which often end up being coated with brake dust, sand, and other debris. A dedicated wheel cleaner functions best in this scenario.
- When it comes to drying your car, we recommend you to opt for a particular synthetic or natural chamois, or soft terry towels.
- It is ideal to clean each section of your automobile separately. To be more precise, first you should wash and rinse; otherwise, the water filled with soap may dry in certain areas making it difficult to clean.
- Always use two separate buckets: one with clean water and one with soapy water.
- While washing your car, avoid moving the sponge in circles. That may create light, yet still noticeable scratches. Alternatively, you should move the sponge lengthwise.
- Another common mistake that many drivers make is to let the car dry. Avoid that since it will result in unsightly watermarks.
What to Look for In a Car Wash Soap
- The pH level – The acidity or alkalinity level of the car wash soap are of crucial importance. Some products are highly alkaline as in to remove acidic dirt, while some are neutral.
Bear in mind, in the case of a high pH level, that the car soap removes even the most stubborn stains. Nonetheless, such products may damage your vehicle’s paint in time. On that note, it’s best to choose a product whose pH level is neutral.
- Scent – Note that some car soaps come with rather noticeable scents, which may be disturbing to some, especially if you’re sensitive to certain smells.
- Streak Resistance and Water Spot – When not cleared properly, water spots can be very unsightly. In addition to that, they can damage your car paint if they aren’t removed. At the same time, streaks will make your car appear dirty even after you have washed it.
On that note, it’s more than advisable to choose a car soap that provides resistance to streaks and water spots.
Top 4 Best Car Wash Soap Reviews
This car wash soap is extremely effective. This is the first thing that drivers are looking for, isn’t it? We tested it thoroughly, and we concluded the following: it removes grime, dirt, grease and leaves the car looking excellent and ready to wax.
We also noticed that, although this does a great job at actually cleaning your car, it doesn’t damage the paint, rubber, glass or wheels.
We also liked that this product is a versatile acquisition. In other words, you can either use this to wash your car manually or introduce it in a foam gun system.
Regarding the pH level, we noted that it encompasses the perfect balance. That means that this product won’t be too abrasive on your car’s paint as in to leave scratches.
The scent of the car wash isn’t as noticeable as to be disturbing, but it grants the car a nice, subtle aroma. We think that is connected to the fact that the manufacturer doesn’t use any harsh chemicals in the composition.
Apart from the car wash soap and conditioner, you’ll also get a handy sponge.
On the whole, if you want your car to look nice and shiny, this is a great product that we wholeheartedly recommend.
This car wash is a favorite among vehicle owners. It is mainly designated to delicately remove grime, dirt, and any other materials, without harming the paint in any way.
The best thing about this product stands in its formula. It is crafted as to clean the dirt while granting the automobile a polished appeal.
After using this car wash, you’ll feel as if you’ve just purchased your vehicle and you’re washing it for the first time.
Since the liquid is genuinely concentrated, you needn’t use a significant amount of product, which means you will use this bottle for numerous washings.
If you’re a car connoisseur, you won’t be surprised to find this product on our list. What buyers love about this, we concluded, is the concentrated formula.
That is imminently translated into a significant number of car washes.
Even though there are car washes that come in larger bottles, this manufacturer acknowledges that the quantity of the soap isn’t as important as the quality of the formula.
As expected, a high-quality car wash such as this one presents a balanced pH level that ensures optimal performance without harming the paint of your vehicle in any way.
This car wash by Amor All is powerful and efficient. Its clean rinsing formula ensures steak-free, spot-free results, every single time.
Presumably, what we enjoyed most about this product is its environmentally-friendly formula. That means it’s 100 percent safe and it will clean your car effectively without leaving any spots.
Concurrently, the foam is easy to rinse off the vehicle, which makes the cleaning process a breeze.
In a nutshell, maintaining your car’s aesthetic appeal depends, to some extent, on the way in which you wash it and on the products you use. By getting the best car wash soap, you can make sure that your vehicle will look its best for years to come.