12 Best Car Vacuums in 2017
In today’s hectic world, we spend a ton of time in our cars, commuting to work and then juggling family and friends in our spare time. While cars tend to accumulate all kinds of dirt and debris, a vacuum can work wonders in very little time. A good model will suck up everything from candy wrappers to leaves and dirt tracked in on the bottom of your shoes. A quick pass with a vacuum every so often will keep your car looking new, no matter how old it is.
There are some brands and models on the market these days, so we have put together a guide to help you with your research. Below, we explain what features you should assess and review the five best car vacuum models you can choose from.
Table of Contents
- Top 12 Car Vacuums Ultimate Table
- Everything You Need to Know to Find the Perfect Car Vacuum
- Key Design Features
- Practical Considerations
- Top 5 Best Car Vacuum Reviews
Top 12 Car Vacuums Ultimate Table
Everything You Need to Know to Find the Perfect Car Vacuum
It’s not so hard to narrow down options and find the best car vacuum for your needs once you know what to keep an eye out for. In this section, we will discuss some of the considerations to remember while you shop, including key design features, accessories, and practical considerations.
Key Design Features
Car vacuums have a few important features that you should assess before making any other decisions. The three key design elements are below.
- Suction – A car vacuum needs to have powerful suction to make dirt and dust disappear with minimal elbow grease from your end. Nothing is more frustrating than passing a vacuum back and forth over the same spot and watching the targeted debris stay put.
- Reusable Filter – The best filters can easily be popped out of a vacuum, emptied, washed, and placed back in again as good as new. Washable filters will save you a lot of money in the long run.
- Power Source – The most convenient car vacuums either run on long-lasting batteries or plug directly into your car’s cigarette lighter. Check to make sure your vacuum can be used where you expect to use it – on the run, in your driveway, in your garage, etc.
It is critical to assess the above features are before purchasing a car vacuum. Also, ask yourself if add-on tools such as the ones below are critical to your choice of vacuum.
- Brushes – Certain models come with attachable brushes designed to loosen dirt from car mats, carpeting, and upholstery. If it’s been a while since you last deep cleaned your car, a brush can help you produce terrific results.
- Soft/Hard Hoses – If your car has leather seats, a soft hose attachment can help you keep them clean without causing damage. A hard hose attachment is great for reaching far into tricky areas such as beneath your car seats.
When shopping for car vacuums, practical considerations such as portability and storage can make all the difference.
- Portability – The best thing about having a car vacuum is being able to clean your car on the spot, preventing spills and grime from penetrating carpets or upholstery and becoming permanent. Cordless options offer the most flexibility, followed by models with extra long power cords. Lightweight construction is also a bonus.
- Storage – To maximize convenience, look for a model that you can store in the trunk or under the seat. Larger models that need to be stored in the garage will likely be used much less frequently.
Top 5 Best Car Vacuum Reviews
If you don’t want to settle for anything less than the best car vacuum out there, the Wietus Wet/Dry Handheld Auto Car Vacuum Cleaner is the model for you. It comes with many great features to help you keep your car looking like it just pulled out of the dealership.
The best thing about this vacuum is that you can use it on both wet and dry debris. Whether you accidentally spill your coffee on the way to work or have kids bringing snow and wet leaves into the car year round, you can use this appliance right away to mop up stains before they set in. It also has a dry setting for crumbs, wrappers and other unwanted rubbish.
This vacuum has superior suction thanks to a 120W motor. No matter how far debris is wedged into crevices and floor mats, it’s no match for this motor.
It’s easy to use this vacuum. The nearly 15-foot power cord plugs into your car’s cigarette lighter. Simply attach the desired nozzle and turn on the vacuum to start sucking up dust, rubbish, crumbs, hair, and more.
This Wet/Dry vacuum is a best bet for anybody looking for an appliance that can be used to get rid of all kinds of spills and untidiness. Your car will thank you!
Another high-quality option is this Portable Hand Held Car Vacuum by Lolldeal. It is compact and has a pivoting nozzle that makes it a dream to use in small cars with lots of nooks and crannies.
This vacuum also has a reusable filter. Between uses, you can easily pop out the filter and empty it. It’s also recommended to gently wash the filter with detergent and a toothbrush to keep it free of dust to keep it operating like new.
This vacuum is backed by a one-year warranty, which is not always the case with other models. Lolldeal also provides technical support if any issues arise. If you are hesitant about purchasing a vacuum, this is a key benefit of this particular model.
Lolldeal’s portable vacuum is a perfect option for any car owner who is looking for an effective tool that comes with a satisfaction guarantee.
Another terrific Wet/Dry Vacuum option is this one from Armor All. Equipped with powerful suction, this vacuum can easily tidy up your car. It can even pick up heavy items such as your car mats! For best results, hold the nozzle at a slight angle and pass it over your mats as they are lying flat on the floor of your car.
This model has a detachable filter that is super easy to clean and reattach. It can suck up both wet and dry debris, so you can use it before spills dry and set into your upholstery or floors.
The vacuum comes with three versatile accessories to help you clean every corner of your car – a long soft tube for maximum extension, a brush to help loosen packed mud and grime, and a long mouth to amplify the suction of the motor when you reach into deep crevices.
You can’t go wrong with this powerful model from Armor All. Regardless of the season, it will keep your car clean and tidy with minimal effort.
If you’re looking for a small handheld vacuum for your automobile, this miniature model from Hikeren is a solid option. It also has the incredible bonus of converting to a blower that you can use to dry the wheels and grills of your car.
This vacuum may be small, but it has plenty of power and reach. It comes with a 10-foot cord and a 6-foot hose so you can clean the far reaches of your vehicle in comfort.
It also comes with plenty of accessories. Its nozzle has a built in brush to coax debris out of your carpets. It also comes with a crevice tool and a smaller brush for targeting stains.
This vacuum is super easy to store. It’s also a cinch to clean, as the filters pop right out. It also shuts off automatically once full to prevent any spillage.
Perhaps best of all, this model has a 2 year warranty. There’s no reason not to buy one for your car today.
This second model from Lolldeal is recommended for anybody searching for a lightweight appliance with plenty of accessories.
This vacuum packs plenty of suction. It can be used on wet or dry material. It’s also remarkably quiet considering how powerful it is.
There are four different accessories that come along with this model. There is a hard hose which should be attached when cleaning under the car seats. The soft hose is ideal for cleaning the seats of your vehicle, whether they are upholstered with fabric or leather. There is also a brush to loosen caked-in smudges, and a crevice tool for tricky corners. All of these parts come with a carrying bag for easy storage.
As with the model above, this vacuum is backed by a one year guarantee, as well as customer service support. It’s a great option for anybody buying a car vacuum for the first time.