12 Best Britax Car Seats in 2017
If you’re expecting a child, finding a safe, reliable, and easy to use car seat should be one of your top priorities. Nothing is more important than protecting your child’s safety, especially in your car.
Within the extensive car seat market, Britax stands out as a clear leader. We have dived deeply into their range of products and put together a comprehensive guide to help you find the best Britax car seat for your child. We include reviews of the top five models you should be sure to consider.
Read on for more information and recommendations!
Table of Contents
- Top 12 Britax Car Seats Ultimate Table
- How to Choose the Right Britax for Your Child
- Your Child’s Age and Weight
- Core Design Elements
- Extra Details
- Top 5 Best Britax Car Seat Reviews
Top 12 Britax Car Seats Ultimate Table
|Design||Name||Best Feature||Age / Weight Range||Rating (1-5)|
|1. Britax Pinnacle ClickTight G1.1 Harness-2-Booster Car Seat||Ultra-safe harness-2-booster car seat||2+ years / 25-90 pounds||4.6|
|2. Britax G1.1 Frontier Clicktight Combination Harness-2-Booster Car Seat||SafeCell Impact Protection||2+ years / 25-90 pounds||4.6|
|3. Britax Roundabout G4.1 Convertible Car Seat||5-point harness for adjustable fit||5-point harness for adjustable fit||4.5|
|4. Britax Parkway SGL G1.1 Belt-Positioning Booster||Secure guard clip||40-120 pounds||4.5|
|5. Britax Boulevard G4.1 Convertible Car Seat||SafeCell Complete Side Impact Protection||5-65 pounds||4.4|
|6. Britax B-Safe 35 Infant Car Seat||Safe and secure installation||4-35 pounds||4.4|
|7. Britax USA Marathon ClickTight Convertible Car Seat||12-position harness and 2-position buckle for adjustable fit||5-65 pounds||4.4|
|8. Britax Pioneer Combination Harness-2-Booster Car Seat||Built-in storage||25-110 pounds||4.4|
|9. Britax Car Seat Travel Cart||Easy storage in airplane overhead bins||All||4.4|
|10. Britax USA Boulevard ClickTight Convertible Car Seat||Double layer of side impact protection||5-65 pounds||4.3|
|11. Britax Advocate ClickTight Convertible Car Seat||Triple layer of side impact protection||20-65 pounds||4.3|
|12. Britax 2017 B-Agile/B-Safe 35 Travel System||Car-to-stroller convenience||4-35 pounds||3.9|
How to Choose the Right Britax for Your Child
Finding the best Britax car seat for your needs isn’t so complicated once you know what to prioritize while you research. In this section, we will describe the key factors you should assess, including your child’s age and weight, the key design features of various Britax models, and extra details that you might want to consider.
Your Child’s Age and Weight
The size of your child is without question the most important thing you should keep in mind when you start your research; this will impact whether you should shop for a rear-facing model or a forward facing one.
- Rear-Facing Car Seats – If you are shopping for a newborn or infant less than one year old, make sure that you look for rear-facing car seats. These models are extra secure and provide the maximum amount of stability needed to cradle a small child.
- Front-Facing Car Seats / Boosters – Once your child reaches at least 20 pounds (at about one year old), you can safely use a forward-facing car seat if you choose to. Certain models even convert into more simple booster seats, so that your child can continue to use the same model throughout several years of growth and development.
Core Design Elements
Good car seats have specific design and safety features that make them user-friendly and effective. Here are several of the most crucial features to look for as you shop.
- Impact Protection – Britax car seats come with an array of patented safety features. Certain models even have double and triple layers of side impact protection to keep your child safe in the event of an unforeseen incident.
- Ease of Installation – Choosing a car seat that is easy to set up quickly and securely can be a total game changer. Britax manufactures models that can be strapped in place in a matter of seconds, removing doubt and frustration from the equation when you’re trying to get moving and take care of your child at the same time.
In addition to the above core features, different Britax models come with an array of perks that differentiate them from one another. While all of their models make for a great buy, you may find that certain details are a better fit for your needs than others.
Here is a sampling of extra details to check out. These may end up helping you finalize your decision:
- Multi-Position Harnesses – Some of the Britax models are designed with harnesses that can connect at various points. This makes them easy to adjust as your child grows. Rather than having to graduate to an entirely different car seat, you can simply reconfigure the straps to adjust to your child’s changes in height and width.
- Portability – If you travel a lot or spend a lot of time moving between your car and pounding the pavement, you may want to look for models that travel well outside of your vehicle. Certain Britax models are compact enough to fit into an airplane overhead bin, and others snap into a Britax stroller frame so you can go from the car to the sidewalk in mere moments.
Top 5 Best Britax Car Seat Reviews
In our opinion, the best Britax car seat is the Pinnacle ClickTight G1.1 Harness-2-Booster Car Seat. This model features a forward facing seat, so it’s best suited for children aged two years and up.
The Pinnacle features Britax’s SafeCell Impact Protection system, which comprises a steel frame, a base that can absorb shocks from impact, and a V-shaped tether. It has a thick shell lined in foam for triple protection, as well as a head shield and body cushions.
It also features the Britax ClickTight Installation System. No matter how frazzled you may be feeling, you’ll be able to set up the car seat with ease – simply thread the seat belt around the base and fasten.
This model has a buckle that can be adjusted as your child develops. It also has a reclining feature so you can alter the angle of the car seat as your child matures. This car seat is the total package for anybody who wants a great quality all-around car seat for their growing child.
Another solid option from Britax is the G1.1 Frontier Clicktight Combination Harness-2-Booster Car Seat. It’s great for children who are maturing quickly, as you can graduate them from a full car seat to a booster over time.
As with the above model, this car seat features Britax’s Click Tight installation system to take all the fuss out of getting ready.
It also features the SafeCell Impact Protection system base, harness, and tether to keep your child as fully protected as possible in any kind of adverse collision. It also has a protective shell to shield your child from debris as well as a headrest that will keep your child’s body secure during sudden movements.
The harness on this model is amazing. It can be adjusted in 9 different ways, so you can expand its diameter as your child grows. The buckle also has 2 closures so you can loosen it over time.
Front-adjust recline easily alters the seat angle for your child’s comfort.
This is a solid car seat for anybody who is looking to give their child a safe, comfortable seat they can grow into. You’ll be able to rely on this car seat and booster for a long time to come.
If you’re looking for a great all-around car seat with lots of adjustable features, you’re going to love the Britax Roundabout G4.1 Convertible Car Seat.
This seat has 3 different recline positions so your child can find the perfect angle to ride around town in comfort. It also has a harness that can be fastened 5 different ways and a buckle that can be adjusted outward, so your child won’t feel any pinching or twisting.
It also features SafeCell Impact Protection technology, so you can rest assured that your child is fully protected in the case of an accident.
This pedal is the perfect choice for anybody who craves versatility. Its design makes it easy for you to play around with different settings and craft the perfect fit for your child, time and time again.
The Britax Parkway SGL G1.1 Belt-Positioning Booster is another terrific choice for parents of rapidly growing children. It’s ideal for a wide range of kids ranging from 40-120 pounds.
As with Britax’s full car seats, this booster is equipped with SafeCell Impact Protection features, a collection of design concepts that provide a level of safety that exceeds federal regulations. This booster also has a secure guard clip that reinforces the seat belt in your vehicle. It keeps it securely positioned across your child’s hips, which is essential in preventing abdominal injury in the case of a crash.
If you’re looking to give your child the freedom of sitting in a booster but want to retain the high safety standards that come with Britax’s car seats, make sure you check this model out. It’s a great choice for any parent on the go.
The Britax Boulevard G4.1 Convertible Car Seat is an ideal model for young infants who have plenty of time to grow before graduating to a booster seat.
This car seat has layers of protection, starting from the shell, and continuing in the absorbant headrest that keeps your child firmly supported in the event of an accident.
It also has a totally customizable harness so you can design the perfect fit as your child grows out of infancy. The harness is equipped with an audible click so you can easily confirm that the each latch connector is properly buckled. The connectors release at the touch of a button, so you can play around with options swiftly – every second counts when you have a squirming child!
This model from Britax is a great choice for parents of a newborn who are looking to get mileage out of their first car seat. It’s safe, versatile, and extremely user friendly. What more can new parents ask for?