12 Best Black Leggings in 2018
Black leggings are the ultimate wardrobe staple for modern women. They go with everything else in your closet, from athletic wear to high heels, and they are a dream to wear. Whether you’re headed to the mall, the gym, or dinner with loved ones, leggings are always comfortable and stylish.
There are so many brands out there, so how do you know which leggings are worth the purchase?
Let us guide you!
We have put together a list of the top 12 leggings and help you understand what to look for while you’re shopping. We also include reviews of the five best black leggings around. Read on to learn more!
Top 12 Black Leggings Comparison Table
Finding the best black leggings for your wardrobe needs is much easier once you know what to look for while you shop. In this section, we will discuss some of the key features of leggings to keep in mind, including fabrication, fit, and extra details that make certain brands stand out.
The material your leggings are made from makes a big difference regarding comfort and performance. High-quality leggings are made with a blend of two or more of the following materials:
- Spandex – This material is responsible for the stretch in leggings. Look for fabrications containing at least 5% spandex to ensure that you have a full range of motion and that the leggings won’t sag after a few hours of wear.
- Cotton – Cotton provides durability and comfort. It breathes incredibly well, trapping heat to keep to warm, and also letting moisture out anytime you start to break a sweat. However, it can be relatively stiff, which is why cotton/spandex blends are much more form fitting and sag-resistant than 100% cotton.
- Synthetic Fibers (Polyester, Rayon, Nylon) – These fibers can make fabric feel extra soft. Rayon, in particular, feels silky smooth to the touch. Other fibers, such as nylon, help wick away moisture to keep you dry and comfortable throughout the day.
The products included in the table above are known for fitting many body different types extremely well. Nonetheless, it is always a good idea to confirm the fit yourself before cutting the tags off your new leggings and wearing them out and about.
Here are a few ways to check if your leggings are a good fit:
- Waist – The waistband should sit naturally between your hips and your belly button. It shouldn’t pinch or constrict, nor should it slide down as you move around.
- Thighs – The key to really great fitting leggings is a snug fit from your thighs all the way down your calves. Make sure the leggings are not baggy around the knees. Conversely, the material shouldn’t stretch too tight around your thighs, to the point where your skin starts to peek through.
- Ankles – The legs should taper down your leg and end somewhere between the bottom of your calf and your ankle.
When shopping for basic wardrobe staples such as leggings, unique details can make all the difference. Here are a few examples of features you may find important, based on your lifestyle and styling preferences.
- Built-In Pocket – One of the few downsides about leggings is that they tend not to have storage space. If this is a deal breaker for you, look for models that have pockets sewn into the waistband. If you’re an outdoor runner, for example, a hidden pocket is a perfect place to stash your keys while you hit the trails.
- Wide Waistband – Most inexpensive leggings have a slim elastic waistband. If you are seeking a slimming effect, look for models with a wider waistband. A wide waistband helps to cinch your tummy gently without causing a muffin top effect.
Top 5 Best Black Leggings Reviews
These Cotton Spandex jersey leggings have totally won us over. They are the best black leggings to buy if you are looking for a pair that will stand the test of time.
These leggings are fabricated from a blend containing 95% cotton and 5% spandex, which renders them soft, yet stretchy. They fit snugly without being too cloying.
They are super durable thanks to their high-quality fabrics and premium construction. They will stand up to many workout sessions without stretching out or falling apart at the seams.
Even better, these leggings also look fabulous outside the gym. You can pair them with boots and an oversized sweater or leather jacket for a relaxed, casual vibe. You can also easily dress them up with a nice top or even a dress and a pair of high heels.
Caring for this brand of leggings is easy. Simply pop them in the washing machine and hang dry.
Available in a broad range of sizes, these leggings are perfect for all body types, from slim to curvy. Go ahead and buy several for your wardrobe – you will find yourself reaching for them again and again.
If you want a truly versatile pair of leggings that you can live in, these premium quality ultra-soft leggings will be perfect for you.
The fabrication of these leggings is so soft that you can wear them all day – and then sleep in them! They feel like sweatpants, yet they look so luxurious that you can layer them with an oversized blouse and heels for a night out.
These leggings are available in two sizes, Small/Medium (corresponding to sizes 0-12) and Large/X-Large (for sizes 12-20). They are designed to fit a range of body types, and the fabric will hug your curves in just the right way.
The high waist is universally flattering, and the legs taper to sit between your calf and ankle, depending on the length of your legs. The fabric is thick and opaque, so you don’t need to worry about underwear lines.
These leggings are comfortable, versatile, and flattering. Dress them up or down – the choice is yours.
If you’re a runner or gym goer looking for a pair of high-performance black leggings, you’ll love this option from Baleaf.
These leggings are crafted from a nylon/spandex blend, which is perfectly suited for workouts. The fabric is opaque, yet breathable, and it has moisture-wicking properties to keep you comfortable no matter how much you sweat. The leggings also have a lot of stretch, hugging your legs and waist while permitting you to engage in a full range of physical activities.
The elastic waistband sits comfortably against your skin, and the seams are sewn flat to cut down on chafing.
The best feature of all is the pocket located on the waistband. It’s the perfect size for stashing your locker key or music player while you’re working out.
If you’re looking for a great pair of leggings with storage space to boot, you can’t go wrong with this comfy, durable design from Baleaf.
Leggings Depot offers a super soft option for anybody looking for leggings that feel like sweatpants.
These leggings are like satin against your skin thanks to the spandex. You can wear them all day without experiencing that cloying feeling that so often sets in after a few hours of wear.
These leggings have an elastic waistband that sits relatively high. As a result, they fit many different body types well. The legs are extra stretchy and will fit all types of thighs and calves without becoming thin or transparent.
These leggings feature quality stitching, and they stand up to machine washing without twisting out of shape.
If you’re looking for incredibly comfortable black leggings that you can wear day in and day out, you will love this option. Stock up on several so you can wear them out and about during the day and as pajamas at night!
Although Hue is most famous for making high quality, affordable tights in a wide array of patterns and colors, the brand also makes great basic black leggings.
These leggings are super comfortable thanks to their cotton/rayon/spandex fabrication. They are soft and silky, and they hold up all day without sagging.
The waistband is wide, which makes for a comfortable fit. It does a great job of holding in your waist without causing any muffin top effect.
The legs are designed to accommodate tall people, so if you are on the shorter size, you can expect a bit of bunching at the ankle. If you prefer an ankle skimming look, you may want to opt for a size down.
These leggings are perfect for anybody who wants a comfortable fit with zero sagging. They are machine washable and will look like new even after you wear them many times.